Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Thank you for the Snow in Strangervillie

I have always wanted a snowy desert in the sims game that reminded me of the one I live in, I was so disappointed when I found out it didn't snow in Oasis Springs even with the weather maker in my sims house and set it to snow and all I got was sunsnow, I even upgraded it to the full options and I still only got sunsnow. I was somewhat disappointed doing the story when winter came and there was no snow and even after the story was done there was no snow, so I decided heck I am going to check to see if the weather machine can overide it and yes, strangervillie looks really nice covered in snow and it reminds me of the high desert area where I live. Now for sure I am going to stick a family in there to play in a true high desert with lots of snow. I haven't dived very far in to see if it would do it automaticly on the colder climate setting, but as far as I know you can manually do it with the Dr Junes weather machine, with the family I tried they didn't have high enough skills to do the full upgrade on the weather machine.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ughhhhhhh.... thanks for this. I am highly disappointed. I want a world with non stop sunshine and warmth and moved to strangerville especially for this.
    Guess I'll be moving my sims again as it's autumn now.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    ughhhhhhh.... thanks for this. I am highly disappointed. I want a world with non stop sunshine and warmth and moved to strangerville especially for this.

It’s possible that they only made it like this in case of weather machine. Apparently Del Sol Valley looks really bad if you force snow there.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

It’s possible that they only made it like this in case of weather machine. Apparently Del Sol Valley looks really bad if you force snow there.

@QueenMercy ooh Del Sol Valley doesn't get snow!? Cause I'll move my sims there then. I don't have time for the weather machine. I go through generations and I'm not gonna have someone build their handiness skill to the max just for this, constantly.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

@QueenMercy ooh Del Sol Valley doesn't get snow!? Cause I'll move my sims there then. I don't have time for the weather machine. I go through generations and I'm not gonna have someone build their handiness skill to the max just for this, constantly.

I picture you up and evicting your Sims when it hits winter time and it’s putting a smile on my face lol so much for them putting down roots huh
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2019
    Don't worry on the normal climate of Strangervillie it won't snow there. The weather machine don't work when story mode is active because the story creates its own weather that is too weird for the weather machine to change, so if you want snow and normal weather in strangervillie you will have to complete the story. I did the weather machine overide for snow in Strangervillie just hoping to see sunsnow and I got surpised, you get heavy snow and it actually sticks to the ground everywhere and Strangervillie does look good in snow. A lot better than Del Sol Valley and if you ever get tired of the snow there you can start the story again.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    I believe modthesims has a mod for snow in Oasis valley. even that it only snows at certain times etc.