Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Throwback Families: The Landgraab Family from Bustin' Out was added on the gallery in 05/23

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yay, I was waiting for this! So much nostalgia. <3
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Thanks for the heads up! I think they look great and would love to see more TS4 Versions added. I'm also hoping for the Brokes next too!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Meh, very few Maxis creations excite me. As “official” sims they’re not very inspiring tbh. It feels like an intern knocked these together in five minutes and called it a day.

To me, without CC, they all pretty much look alike.

I can create some really different looking sims, but i can see your point... Some of them are exactly the same sim, i saw a post some time ago were it showed one of the official vampires side-by-side Morgan Fyres, and they were the same thing...
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    I really don't get the point. couldn't I just start up a new game, and they will be there? B T W, I am not so interested - been there done that, and I don't like their personalities either.

@Simsister2004 I wish they could care and add them to the actual game, i don't even feel like the gallery is official enough for me to consider them official... Also, if you don't like a sim/family the game gives you the tools to delete them in the manage households. I heard some simmers delete the entire worlds and populate them themselves...

I know that very well, and I have been playing The Sims 4 since I could buy it. Like other players say, I don't think they add the diversity I want in the game. With The Sims 4 we got more powerful tools to create much more different looking sims. That's what I like. My Gallery ID is simsister.
    I really don't get the point. couldn't I just start up a new game, and they will be there? B T W, I am not so interested - been there done that, and I don't like their personalities either.

@Simsister2004 I wish they could care and add them to the actual game, i don't even feel like the gallery is official enough for me to consider them official... Also, if you don't like a sim/family the game gives you the tools to delete them in the manage households. I heard some simmers delete the entire worlds and populate them themselves...

I know that very well, and I have been playing The Sims 4 since I could buy it. Like other players say, I don't think they add the diversity I want in the game. With The Sims 4 we got more powerful tools to create much more different looking sims. That's what I like. My Gallery ID is simsister.

Yesss... I know... Look at Mary Sue, the game (sims 2) have always implied that she's adopted, and that she is asian, even her eyes represent that in the game, but then this recreation escaped from the unique characteristic that emphasizes her and the daughters to be different from the other sims.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I always love seeing everyone's representation of our favourite Sims 2 families. I actually made all of the base game premades and a few from Open for Business as well. Great job, Maxis!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Meh, very few Maxis creations excite me. As “official” sims they’re not very inspiring tbh. It feels like an intern knocked these together in five minutes and called it a day.

Remember they're pretty much limited to base game content (though I'm not sure how a download of the Newbies would work for players without C&D). A general wardrobe makeover plus some different hair would work fine. I need to figure out how to get Angela to meet up with Dustin Broke now though he might have to eat a few servings of Taste of Diet ice cream first and actually get a job. 🙄
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Remember they're pretty much limited to base game content (though I'm not sure how a download of the Newbies would work for players without C&D). A general wardrobe makeover plus some different hair would work fine. I need to figure out how to get Angela to meet up with Dustin Broke now though he might have to eat a few servings of Taste of Diet ice cream first and actually get a job. 🙄

@stilljustme2 I kinda see Dustin from Del Sol Valley as after Sims 2, cuz he's older. Its normal to some people to gain weight after adolescence, especially with a genetic background like Bob and Betty Newbie. haha :P
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe they'll do the Burbs next, as Daniel and Jennifer are related.
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by Karon on
    I loved that this time Morgan cared enough to add their skills and jobs, as well as Lyla included. They are the best looking ones so far, related to their SIms 2 versions. Keep improving the recreations, Morgan!
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Why is it their remakes are always so awful but there are ones in the gallery who are better? Lol.
    @YankeesForever I do not know why, but I do not feel the same with people. Apart from the fact that Mary Sue has Asian features in The Sims 2 (and not have this remake), and think there was a better choice of hairstyles for the twins. All the others for me are very similar. Of course, they will not be identical, because every game has its differences (yesterday I was recreating a yes and realized that it does not have double chin in TS4).
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    @YankeesForever I do not know why, but I do not feel the same with people. Apart from the fact that Mary Sue has Asian features in The Sims 2 (and not have this remake), and think there was a better choice of hairstyles for the twins. All the others for me are very similar. Of course, they will not be identical, because every game has its differences (yesterday I was recreating a yes and realized that it does not have double chin in TS4).

It's just so disappointing lol.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2019
    Super weird and cool seeing the newer versions of the families. I guess I'm attached to the Sims 2 versions, but obviously the adaptations will never be the same. I was just a tiny bit disappointed with Lilith Pleasant.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I just noticed that they added the Beaker Family to the gallery this week too. :)
    This is awesome and I hope that @Maxis continues to recreate more families from TS2.
    edited March 2019

@Jase Yep, haha i jsut came here to update that... I was rebooting my laptop last night. I loved that they included the kids that Loki engineered
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have to say that from all of these remakes, the Beakers are my favorite ones so far! I will play them a lot in my games!
    Post edited by FallenPrince on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh nice. I will be sure to check for these next time I play. :)
    @FallenPrince I agree, they look the best... I think Morgan is getting better at it everytime she releases a family!
  • jamiebaby212jamiebaby212 Posts: 23 Member
    Love it! I think they look awesome :)
  • jamiebaby212jamiebaby212 Posts: 23 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > It's weird how teens in this game look just like YA. There is no visual difference it drives me crazy. So annoying.

I couldn't agree more! I love the way they turned out but it makes it pretty predictable to see how the child will look when they grow up!
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have my own versions I use and prefer based on #Carisims recreations
    j82yp0.png
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's weird how teens in this game look just like YA. There is no visual difference it drives me crazy. So annoying.
    If they patched teens to a shorter height it'd be much more realistic. I know it'd require a lot of work to add a new animation set but it'd also lower the want for a preteen stage if teens actually looked like teens.
    Post edited by CaityTrina on
    caitytrina.png
    @CaityTrina The thing is that Teenagers tend to look like young adults, just having cuter faces or osmething like that. I would rather have them adding Preteens instead of changing the existing teens. There is so much gameplay that could be added to the preteens.