Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Will Of The Goddess - An Amazon Tale - UPDATED 4/11/19]

Comments

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Well, my building project is finished, and y'all will get to see it in chapter 2. I have images for both the first and second chapters ready to go, I just need to type things up. Riiiiiight after I finish my final paper for Children's Literature which is due tonight very very late (but that's only 4 pages and I can write that pretty fast) Quite ironically, my topic of choice happens to be on gender bias and the patriarchy in children's literature and fairy tales.

The good news is next week is spring break and I have a whoooooole week of ponytime, simming and writing to do (srsly, who needs Cancun amirite?)

In the meantime ...
    GzhMBA9.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    LET ME JUST WHIP UP A 4 PAGE ESSAY.

Stop being better than me ok :D<3B)

Cancun is overrated when you have ponies and sims and writing to do :blush:

LOL, get that poor woman roof, you ebil simmer; she needs shelter from the icky daystar >.<
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    LET ME JUST WHIP UP A 4 PAGE ESSAY.<

2 pages down! Analyzing Alice in Wonderland. Fun times!
    Stop being better than me ok :D<3B)

🤭 but ... but ... how can I be better when you have Pili? And Hattie?
    Cancun is overrated when you have ponies and sims and writing to do :blush:

Who needs can Cancun anyway ... Selvadorada here I ... oh wait ...
    LOL, get that poor woman roof, you ebil simmer; she needs shelter from the icky daystar >.

She touched a froooooog. 🐸 🤢 I've never had this much fun with a squeamish sim for before. I know I maybe kinda totally broke the rules on traits (1 outta 3 aint bad?) but wow, the possibilities for character development. Maybe Gen 2 will turn out differently, but I do have to get there. 😅
    Rules?! Ffffff
    We laugh in the face of rules around here!
    Rules are for...er, rule abiders...?

Amazons make their own rules!!
    Plz make it gen 2 :bawling:
    I need this frog touching for my mental health
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Rules?! Ffffff
    We laugh in the face of rules around here!
    Rules are for...er, rule abiders...?

Amazons make their own rules!!
    Plz make it gen 2 :bawling:
    I need this frog touching for my mental health

Bwahahahahahaha! Rules are guidelines or whatever anyway. :D

Paper's done. Just read it to my dad for editing, and saw what needs fixing. Tidying that up, and sending it off before tonight's midnight deadline, and then tomorrow is SimLit Funtimes!
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Ooooh! I'm glad to see you brought your amazons back! I had the original story bookmarked and was pretty upset when you never came back to update.
    But you're back, yay! Can't wait to see how the story unfolds!
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Ooooh! I'm glad to see you brought your amazons back! I had the original story bookmarked and was pretty upset when you never came back to update.
    But you're back, yay! Can't wait to see how the story unfolds!

Oh believe me, I tried. I tried. But then I couldn't seem to get past Chapter 4 without going "Now what?" and coming up empty.

Plus while Latin 1 was great because we were translating the Roman versions of the Greek myths, but once we got to Latin 2, all I could think about when trying to think classical was freaking Cicero ... the worse one was when we had to read the letter he wrote about Cataline's followers and how great he [Cicero] was 🙄)

At least with Latin 3, it's stuff like poetry (Catullus is the first one in the next chapter we start in 2 weeks) and letters (Pliny, etc.) so that makes classics fun again. I think we're translating plays too. Terence is probably on the list.

So expect more writing funtimes!
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    She touched a froooooog. 🐸 🤢 I've never had this much fun with a squeamish sim for before. I know I maybe kinda totally broke the rules on traits (1 outta 3 aint bad?) but wow, the possibilities for character development. Maybe Gen 2 will turn out differently, but I do have to get there. 😅

Phhhh, rules! Rules are human-made, and humans can't wait to break them anyway *snort* Break them, the power of your Amazons' weapons will stand by you. Let's see who dares to defy your decision! :triumph:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

I HAVE BEEN PROMISED FUN TIMES: /points

FzWOQ8X.jpg

I HAVE BEEN PROMISED FUN TIMES: /points

LOOK .... FUN TIMES!!!

:scream::scream::scream:
    /noises
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Hey, you just go right ahead and show off all your awesome building projects! :open_mouth:
    That palace is majestic like a unicorn, and it really adds to the ambiance of the story with this one young woman just wandering endlessly around all the empty buildings, so...desolate.
    I would also be tempted just to curl up under the furs and read stories forever :mrgreen:

Poor squeamish Nausicaa! You clearly had way too much fun grossing her out, LOL.

Eee, can't wait to see what's next for our intrepid lady :blush:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited March 2019
    Hey, you just go right ahead and show off all your awesome building projects! :open_mouth:
    That palace is majestic like a unicorn, and it really adds to the ambiance of the story with this one young woman just wandering endlessly around all the empty buildings, so...desolate.

How about more building project in chapter 2? That palace is what Kelaeno envisioned, some massive old edifice of awe-inspiring proportions. And Nausicaa's just rattling around the place all by her lonesome. Desolation. Defined.
    I would also be tempted just to curl up under the furs and read stories forever :mrgreen:

Mee tooooo. I'd do that all day if I could.
    Poor squeamish Nausicaa! You clearly had way too much fun grossing her out, LOL.

]I think I need to add a Goddess of Mischief to the pantheon. What? Of coooourse she doesn't look like my simself? 😈 (ok, maybe a little) Nausicaa got very squeamish out there in the wilderness. LOL
    Eee, can't wait to see what's next for our intrepid lady :blush:

Making deals that might be bad for her in the future? Hopefully that doesn't come to pass.

Hey, wanna take a guess who Maia and Baraka are? And Jehlani?

Noises may commence.

Oh, noises were made I promise you! :cookie:

NGL, I was super worried when Nausicaa was just like "sure bb, let's go; girls night out"
    Me: "Nooo! Wat is tarp?"
    Was not tarp tho, phew.

Okay, firstly Maia's hair is fabulous (wat is dis hairs?), and also that megaron looked awesome (sorry ladies, I loved that study :scream: )
    You, naked man statues, you can stay ok ;)
    Also, well done on your choice of husband, Maia :smirk: 10/10 I get why that happened (kekekekeke).

I loved everything about this chapter, and I'm really hoping that this deal will somehow help Nausicaa get her some more tribal sisters!

Alright, this distracted me and I forgot to get a coffee, woopse, rectifying that now...
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    OMG two chapters for the price of one?!
    AND updated info pages about culture and people?
    Must be Christmas~

I, too was frightened when I saw Nausicaa running along with Mrs. Shady-Smarty-Pants.
    Being all like " Yolo! Lead the way kind stranger, u said something about fluffy kittens in that alley?"

But what should she have done otherwise. "No, leave me alone *grumpycatemoji*"
    or " Okay, just let me fetch my crown and inform my 30 … hundred tribal sisters where I am going. U stay here, don't look around, there is nothing to see… if u wander of my mighty amazons will jump out and kill u. You may not see any of them, that's cause they so sneaky. But they really are 30 thousand hidden here… so don't follow, don't move."

Maia's hair is amazing, where did u get it? :scream:who is ur hairdresser?
    Damaro wrote: »

RITE.
    I was liek...wait...dat one is KNEW :scream:

FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Oh, noises were made I promise you! :cookie:

Hurrah! Noises!
    NGL, I was super worried when Nausicaa was just like "sure bb, let's go; girls night out"
    Me: "Nooo! Wat is tarp?"
    Was not tarp tho, phew.

Right?!?! It could have been. But nope, Maia needs the Amazons for something. Something personal and she's totally in it for herself, but yeah, it was all good in the end.
    Okay, firstly Maia's hair is fabulous (wat is dis hairs?), and also that megaron looked awesome (sorry ladies, I loved that study :scream: )
    You, naked man statues, you can stay ok ;)
    Also, well done on your choice of husband, Maia :smirk: 10/10 I get why that happened (kekekekeke).

I looooved building that palace. The Thassonians are my "Greeky" peeps so they get all the Greek style stuffs. They also get to live in Willow Creek (lucky thems) And it's very much a man's-man's study. There probably was something about those statues that Maia's late pops liked. Maaaaybe they reminded him of himself. :D
    I loved everything about this chapter, and I'm really hoping that this deal will somehow help Nausicaa get her some more tribal sisters!

It was a fun chapter. Things will start picking up now that Nausicaa is out in the world as a queen. No turning back nao!! And I can see where Maia can use the deal, since just picking a kid up on the temple steps and say "I maked dis!" doesn't quite work. But at least the Amazons will get some supplies for a while, Nausicaa was starting to run low on what her old Provider had stockpiled.
    Alright, this distracted me and I forgot to get a coffee, woopse, rectifying that now...

My work here is done. :#
    Damaro wrote: »
    AND updated info pages about culture and people?
    Must be Christmas~

Must be Christmas. Or spring break :D
    Besides, I promised Fruity LOTS OF FUN TIMES!!!!!111elventy!!!11one
    I, too was frightened when I saw Nausicaa running along with Mrs. Shady-Smarty-Pants.
    Being all like " Yolo! Lead the way kind stranger, u said something about fluffy kittens in that alley?"

But what should she have done otherwise. "No, leave me alone *grumpycatemoji*"
    or " Okay, just let me fetch my crown and inform my 30 … hundred tribal sisters where I am going. U stay here, don't look around, there is nothing to see… if u wander of my mighty amazons will jump out and kill u. You may not see any of them, that's cause they so sneaky. But they really are 30 thousand hidden here… so don't follow, don't move."

I mean, yeah, there wasn't anything else to do. She could have run off to the Queen's Holdfast and stayed at the tippy top and shouted down to "go away!" to Jehlani, but clearly if someone was willing to send a fast ship, they were spending some serious money (paying sailors and all) to talk to her. There could have been something in it for her. Could have been arrows. Could have been a dungeon, but it wasn't ... lucky her.
    Maia's hair is amazing, where did u get it? :scream:who is ur hairdresser?

Like totally from here

I was very much "DIS IZ QUEEN HAIR!!"

OMG YES IS KWEEN HAIR!! /nabs
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    OMG YES IS KWEEN HAIR!! /nabs

FOR HATTIE!!

*waves that flag madly*
    O.O
    /runs off
    /does things
    /comes back
    EHI1zGv.png

Its obscures one of her nerples, butt :scream:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    *NOISES*

She certainly takes the lime ...light.

Ba dum tssh!
    edited March 2019
    Man, truth be told, I might be a bit jealous of your way with words :confounded: I'm fluent in English, but not that good. Your writing reads so natural!

Ha! I like the Thassonians and especially Maia (writing that before actually meeting her lol). Just the thought of her annoying reason out of the advisers by first becoming queen, then not listening to them and last but not least marrying an ordinary guardsman. She must be quite determined and strong to go through with that in a patriarchal world even though wanting a son is still one symptom of the circumstances. (And lol it seems Baraka's official title is not even king - another strike toward the advisors. Hee hee! I can see why she married him, though)
    Statues of questionable male physics! I'm dying.
    Aaaaah I've always wanted to rebuild Nestor's palace in the Sims, too :scream: It's so beautiful! Did you build the entire thing or only the needed part of it?

Edit: I love the political factions page *bursts into tears*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Man, truth be told, I might be a bit jealous of your way with words :confounded: I'm fluent in English, but not that good. Your writing reads so natural!

😊 ... thanks!! English is my native language (I know several more, but I can't say that I'm what you'd call fluent) and I read like a bookworm so I guess I've gotten to know how to put some zing into my writing. I got another 98 (out of 100) on my second/final paper for my Children's Comparative Literature class and my teacher wrote to me saying it was a pleasure to read. The thesaurus is one of my favorite books. :D
    Ha! I like the Thassonians and especially Maia (writing that before actually meeting her lol). Just the thought of her annoying reason out of the advisers by first becoming queen, then not listening to them and last but not least marrying an ordinary guardsman. She must be quite determined and strong to go through with that in a patriarchal world even though wanting a son is still one symptom of the circumstances. (And lol it seems Baraka's official title is not even king - another strike toward the advisors. Hee hee! I can see why she married him, though)
    Statues of questionable male physics! I'm dying.
    Aaaaah I've always wanted to rebuild Nestor's palace in the Sims, too :scream: It's so beautiful! Did you build the entire thing or only the needed part of it?

Maia is gonna be awesome. Totes promise. She's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off a lot of her advisors who thought she was going to be a malleable young queen and she went the opposite way. Of course, she's no Amazon, and if it weren't for Baraka, she'd be sunk in a heartbeat.

I build the uh ... central portion of it. The part that's in red, and then added my own embellishments. I'll have to give a virtual tour someday.

300px-Palace_of_Nestor_plan.png

Edit: I love the political factions page *bursts into tears*

Hahahaha, I know. :# And wait till you see how some of them live. Which is coming soon, by the end of the week. I might of been uh ... a little distracted by another save (history challenge ... which isn't going to make it into a story, I've got enough writing on my plate as it is 🙃 but it might become something ... else? 🤨)
    Yes! Palace tour! And showing more factions! Yes! Yes please! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26