Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 6

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
March is here and it's time for the next Maxis Monthly!

In today's live stream, SimGuruKate will be chatting with some Devs and showing off Community Creations. As usual, Maxis Monthly will go live at 11AM PT (check the time for you here).

Update: did you miss it? You can watch it here!:
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Almost live!! :smiley:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That was fun. I love the Dev excitement. Thank you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Had to watch it late. I love how excited they are too. You can tell they really loved making this.
    I want more like it :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This whole thing makes me sort of tempted to "embrace the mother", but I just don't know if it would be a good idea, being possessed and all. Besides, where would I get the fruit?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    This whole thing makes me sort of tempted to "embrace the mother", but I just don't know if it would be a good idea, being possessed and all. Besides, where would I get the fruit?
    You can buy it right at the curio shop in the beginning or let the welcome wagon leave it in your fridge. Pull out the fruit before the men in black show up...
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    You can buy it right at the curio shop in the beginning or let the welcome wagon leave it in your fridge. Pull out the fruit before the men in black show up...
    No, I know how to get it normally, but I already defeated the mother, so idk if that's still possible. I'll check though. The thing is, it would be kind of strange to eat the fruit AFTER the whole thing is over. I don't think my Strangerville hero would approve. I was considering resetting the mystery, however, but I was planning to wait until Max Villareal grew up, and have him revive the mother, but he's still a child in my game.
  • JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    I'm just now looking into this pack. I got pulled away from Sims 4 (life stuff) but this theme seems to be right up my alley.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    You can really see their excitement in trying something completely new. I really enjoyed it. Didn't think it'd be a part of my gameplay but I really enjoyed the overall weirdness and epidemic breaking out in a small town.

Definitely would like to see something like this again story wise down along the line. Happy to see some fresh new stuff added to the mix of things in the sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I really enjoy this one B) Thanks for StrangerVille! Vampires is still my fav GP but I can not imagine my game without StrangerVille, so different and funny... the world is BEAUTIFUL <3
    After watching this video, I see that the SimGurus really are good people... they enjoy what they’ve made... and maybe they care about their fans...
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I would love one of those EA cups for my tea ;)<3
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I moved my family to Strangerville :) I'm collecting evidence ;) and I do like the different story interaction <3
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I really enjoyed that Maxis Monthly, it was nice to find out that Strangetown was also some inspiration!
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Finally got time to see the stream. Also, I wanted to wait until I had seen a bit more of the pack.

Yay, it was fun! Thanks for sharing this kind of stuff with us. I really appreciate it.
    • So happy that you will look into liberating objects. I follow a bunch of nice builders on the gallery and I look forward to what they can do with it and getting it into my game.
    • Thank you for going all out creepy. It was great and opens up new fun stories for me
    • I am having a great time with the story pack. Please give me more. It was easy to weave into my overarching story for my sim and I can adapt it to other different stories
    • Bossfight!!! It made my little MMO-<3 so so happy to see that in the sims. Sparring, the bossfight, vampiric sparring from that pack. These little shots of adrenaline make a huge difference for me.

Dag dag!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Loved this Monthly (well, okay, I love 'em all). It was so great to see the Dev's enthusiasm and happiness with a job well done. Bravo for trying something new, and double Bravo for pulling it off so well!
    Plus, the Bob Bathrobe is back! The Bobthrobe!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers, and to all at maxis! finally got to see the livestream! I love watching you all, I think you all work hard at what you do to keep us simmers happy! more future story packs would be awesome! keep up the great work! can one purchase that EA cup? that simgurukate had? an avid simmer, have a great day! looking forward to the april monthly maxis :)
  • sb2828sb2828 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2019
    I’m sorry but this is kinda off topic but, [Edited by EA_Mai: off-topic moved to a new discussion]

Anyways, the live stream was absolutely amazing and I love the vibe and excitement surrounding the new stranger vile pack! haven’t bought it yet but seems overall simply wonderful!
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Meia_123Meia_123 Posts: 1 New Member
    It’s a super fun GP! Honestly it’s one of my new favorites
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    > @JellyEyes said:
    > I'm just now looking into this pack. I got pulled away from Sims 4 (life stuff) but this theme seems to be right up my alley.

It's pretty good. If you're looking for something a little more linear with additional features that add on to returning features (like the Military career) then I'd say it's definitely it's worth playing. I'm hoping they'll add onto this or, at the very least, create a few more game packs in the same vein.
  • sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    Well I have to tell you I have mixed emotions about this pack but seems storyline it is great I guess right now I'm going be very lazy i don't feel like beatting the mother i would like to have the world normal in my game because I don't want to see a lot and other parts of my world with broken necks and broken limbs LOL as you see the stranger things. But it will be nice if you can find a mod that will break it and just have the world I just want the world I don't want to play the storyline does anybody know how to get past that I doubt it because the game is still brand new but if anybody does please hit me up and let me know I really appreciate it and then I was thinking about buying the game but until now that's okay I just watch other people play it. :#:s;)
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Thank you guys for that really fun presentation. I really enjoyed it and especially enjoyed YOUR joy in working on and creating this game for us, you're doing a really great job, thank you very much!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • RoseProductionsYTRoseProductionsYT Posts: 5 New Member
    :hushed:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    sims21975 wrote: »
    Well I have to tell you I have mixed emotions about this pack but seems storyline it is great I guess right now I'm going be very lazy i don't feel like beatting the mother i would like to have the world normal in my game because I don't want to see a lot and other parts of my world with broken necks and broken limbs LOL as you see the stranger things. But it will be nice if you can find a mod that will break it and just have the world I just want the world I don't want to play the storyline does anybody know how to get past that I doubt it because the game is still brand new but if anybody does please hit me up and let me know I really appreciate it and then I was thinking about buying the game but until now that's okay I just watch other people play it. :#:s;)

I'm pretty sure there's a cheat.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MissTeteMissTete Posts: 22 Member
    I hope I can catch one of these live streams.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2019
    @MissTete We usually post an announcement at the top of the page (one of those yellow or blue boxes) when next one is approaching :smile:

Next Maxis Monthly is scheduled for May 7th ;)