Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Available)

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I am completely fine with bug fixes. Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes. My sims are occasionally teleporting randomly, such as them watching tv, teleport to dishwasher, and then teleport to tv again or to their next action. That and whim fixes, such as starting a club meeting, and grilling foods that don't get satisfied even though you did the thing. And whomever mentioned the "asked to one lot, show up at another" glitch. That has also been grinding my gears.

As for free stuff? I'm guessing some kind of Spring/Easter theme, which I'm fine with, especially if there are lots and lots and lots of bug fixes.

:)And more whims, more whims please thanks :)

yes more whims please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I am completely fine with bug fixes. Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes. My sims are occasionally teleporting randomly, such as them watching tv, teleport to dishwasher, and then teleport to tv again or to their next action. That and whim fixes, such as starting a club meeting, and grilling foods that don't get satisfied even though you did the thing. And whomever mentioned the "asked to one lot, show up at another" glitch. That has also been grinding my gears.

As for free stuff? I'm guessing some kind of Spring/Easter theme, which I'm fine with, especially if there are lots and lots and lots of bug fixes.

:)And more whims, more whims please thanks :)

I would love more whims, but ONLY if they're logical ("You're a loner Sim! Why the heck do you want to make a new friend?!"); and not maddeningly repetitive :s
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm guessing a Jasmine Holiday challenge for Easter and bug fixes.
  • angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    maybe the new deligracy pack "Smis" is coming with just 1 item in it, a pure white shelf...
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010
    @drake_mccarty

Ooooooh...I had head of it but had no idea that it was called Legacy. Here I thought it was something for sale, lol. Thanks for clearing that up!

@comicsforlife
    @loubyloulou

I'm glad I'm not the only one, yay!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
    He's possibly talking about free content in the April Patch or maybe the Next Pack
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    maybe the new deligracy pack "Smis" is coming with just 1 item in it, a pure white shelf...
    Don’t forget the black and white door she’s been asking for as well
    Just noticed it’s almost April. Thought it was still halfway into March. Hopefully there’s something soon, the gurus aren’t even active as much on twitter.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Personally i don’t think we’ll get any paid dlc until june, because they state that for the legacy title all packs up until and including strangerville will be available. Releases after strangerville will not. So if they released another paid dlc before ending support for 32 bit wich happens in june why wouldn’t you be able to play that since it’s still supported. 3 months however is a long time and i don’t hope it happens but i do think it will.

That doesn't mean we won't get another Stuffpack in April or May. People with 32 bit just won't be able to play it.

No, because if we got a pack in April or May, that would be before the 64-bit patch. So we aren't getting any more packs until June.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Personally i don’t think we’ll get any paid dlc until june, because they state that for the legacy title all packs up until and including strangerville will be available. Releases after strangerville will not. So if they released another paid dlc before ending support for 32 bit wich happens in june why wouldn’t you be able to play that since it’s still supported. 3 months however is a long time and i don’t hope it happens but i do think it will.

That doesn't mean we won't get another Stuffpack in April or May. People with 32 bit just won't be able to play it.

No, because if we got a pack in April or May, that would be before the 64-bit patch. So we aren't getting any more packs until June.

Wait what? They already said though Strangerville is the last pack they would able to play. Don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to get a pack regardless.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

Wait what? They already said though Strangerville is the last pack they would able to play. Don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to get a pack regardless.

Because if a pack is released in April or May, that would still have 32bit support, since they haven't removed it yet, so they would have to put it in the legacy edition, which they won't, as they already said.
    We can maybe expect free content patches or challenges, but I don't think we get paid content drops in the next 2 months.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Because if a pack is released in April or May, that would still have 32bit support, since they haven't removed it yet, so they would have to put it in the legacy edition, which they won't, as they already said.
    We can maybe expect free content patches or challenges, but I don't think we get paid content drops in the next 2 months.

Another thing to consider -- a new pack in April/May would possibly have more bugs that would have to be fixed before June. I think it's good that they'll be focusing on fixing existing bugs for a bit -- there's currently a really nasty one with the small animal cages in MFP.

Personally I'm happy to have the break from paid content, as is my budget. B) Since I finally finished the Strangerville storyline, I can get back to some of my other families while deciding what to do with my Strangerville hero, probably have her finish the Military career then maybe go into the botanist career track of gardening. .
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited March 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »

They’ve already said that “Content released after February 2019 will require you to upgrade your system.” according to the FAQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7629106/thread-id/11424

So yeah probably no paid content until then.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We need a wedding or romantic stuff pack with an R&B radio station next month
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We don't even know anything about the next Maxis Monthly since 'the' incident. So I don't know what to expect anymore tbh.

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    We don't even know anything about the next Maxis Monthly since 'the' incident. So I don't know what to expect anymore tbh.
    SimguruLyndsay on twitter said it’ll happen in April but later than usual, she asked the team to delay it. She said she has a few updates she wants to sneak in but are not ready to talk about yet
    I’m afraid I’m not near a computer, hopes this suffices:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1111794717023330304
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    SimguruLyndsay on twitter said it’ll happen in April but later than usual, she asked the team to delay it. She said she has a few updates she wants to sneak in but are not ready to talk about yet

Thank you! :)
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

But guys, this is April we are talking about. We should watch out for their April fools joke too.

But guys, this is April we are talking about. We should watch out for their April fools joke too.

You mean something like "April Fools! We added all the bugs we fixed back into the game! Enjoy!" or what?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I honestly don’t think we’re getting anything until June when the legacy version comes out. Because they did say those who can’t hang won’t be getting anymore updates, that includes patches.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I honestly don’t think we’re getting anything until June when the legacy version comes out. Because they did say those who can’t hang won’t be getting anymore updates, that includes patches.

In the last Maxis Monthly Kate said some stuffs should come in the April patch.
    Lu4ERme.gif

In the last Maxis Monthly Kate said some stuffs should come in the April patch.

No, actually. Announced in April doesn't mean released in April.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There's no guarantees anymore even if there's even an April patch; so the safest bet would be that there won't be one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

I really hope they won't announce something "as a joke" or spend precious time on adding something completely stupid no one asked for.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I hope they give us all the plants, rocks, and terrain paints from StrangerVille

When they do that, I hope it’s not only StrangerVille, but also plants, rocks, and terrain pains from Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, and Valley Del Sol. I’ve been waiting for the trees on the Windenburg Island ever since some guru said they’ll look into it years ago...