Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey! I'm Layla, and i'm new to writing simlit! This is the place to share your stories, right?

Welcome, @MISSInsanity245 !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Good afternoon friends in the lounge!

I am pleased to announce that I am now a real-live member and can now post pretty pictures on the Sims Forums! This is just VERY exciting for me!

And since I am now a member, I wanted to let you know that my first Sims Lit attempt is posted and ready for your viewing pleasure. It's my first real attempt....so please....let me know what you think. Be brutal (but not too brutal, I cry easily) ;) !

Here is the link where you will find As The Plumbob Turns. In the first two chapters, you will meet Cooper and Juliet...the first Gen 1 Couple of the story's legacy.

I hope you enjoy it...more on Cooper and Juliet coming soon!

Have a lovely afternoon!
    • Mama •

@MamaSimMacho welcome Macho! I'm looking forward to reading your story !
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Good afternoon friends in the lounge!

I am pleased to announce that I am now a real-live member and can now post pretty pictures on the Sims Forums! This is just VERY exciting for me!

And since I am now a member, I wanted to let you know that my first Sims Lit attempt is posted and ready for your viewing pleasure. It's my first real attempt....so please....let me know what you think. Be brutal (but not too brutal, I cry easily) ;) !

Here is the link where you will find As The Plumbob Turns. In the first two chapters, you will meet Cooper and Juliet...the first Gen 1 Couple of the story's legacy.

https://mrssimachossimsstories.wordpress.com

I hope you enjoy it...more on Cooper and Juliet coming soon!

Have a lovely afternoon!
    • Mama •

@MamaSimMacho welcome Macho! I'm looking forward to reading your story !

i can read in 10 days. got glasses ordered today.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Hooray!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    What do you do when you're trying to take a break from writing/any creative work and your brain just won't shut up? The words won't come, I feel like the page on the screen is laughing at me, I'm frustrating myself... How do I get the inspiration back or shut my head up?!
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read through a chapter of LL for me. (I'd prefer if it was someone who has an idea of what's going on but if not I can explain a little bit). It's one of those chapters where I'm not sure whether or not I should actually post it. (The last chapter was also one of those.)

I'd be honored to, @Bugsie2016 .

Maybe someone else will step up, too, so you can get more than one perspective....

I just need someone to read through it, like any other chapter just to see if it's worth posting. If you're up for that then I can send you a draft of it. :)

Eeks ! I missed this! I've been elsewhere and don't get notifications unless I'm tagged. But yes! I'm still up for it, if you're still need a reader , @Bugsie2016 ! Sorry for my huge delay in replying.

@CathyTea Yep, still need someone to read it. I actually forgot about it. I've been working on a new story for the past few days. :)
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    What do you do when you're trying to take a break from writing/any creative work and your brain just won't shut up? The words won't come, I feel like the page on the screen is laughing at me, I'm frustrating myself... How do I get the inspiration back or shut my head up?!

I need to know the answer to this because I am having the exact same problem!! I told myself I'd take at least a few days not to work on or think about Nightshade. ...Didn't work.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    SpinfurSpinfur Posts: 33 Member
    Hey y'all I'm not a member yet since I just made my account today but I can't wait to get to know people in this community since I love writing and I love getting to read other writers start to support them and vice versa.

I've wanted to get in the SimLit community for a while but I never knew how, however I literally just googled and this forum came up so maybe I should google my problems some more haha.
  • Options
    Spinfur wrote: »
    Hey y'all I'm not a member yet since I just made my account today but I can't wait to get to know people in this community since I love writing and I love getting to read other writers start to support them and vice versa.

I've wanted to get in the SimLit community for a while but I never knew how, however I literally just googled and this forum came up so maybe I should google my problems some more haha.

Welcome @Spinfur. I hope you find a warm, encouraging community here. What kinds of stories do you like to write/read?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    still around
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    i got the slice of life mod again yesterday. so far its not annoying last time the bender kids were teens. so it was harder . i had a funny thing happen. i didn't keep the save so no spoiler. anthony wished for a sibling. and theese are the orginal benders. i know i keep saying that but i'm happy their back. sorry i had a cathtea moment. small tagent.
    it
    heres the funny part lauren did get pregnantbut when it happened anthony was over wanting a new sibling.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I need to know the answer to this because I am having the exact same problem!! I told myself I'd take at least a few days not to work on or think about Nightshade. ...Didn't work.

I wrote this about 14 pages back, might be of help:
    Set a timer for 10 minutes and just write completely unfiltered. Don’t stop to correct mistakes, just write, write, write.

This can help to get a foundation for your chapter/scene as it eliminates the need for perfection that often pops up when staring at a blank screen.

Editing can come after you’ve done the sprint, so here you can fix any spelling/grammar errors and try and improve on what is already written my your unfiltered brain by fleshing out the story.

Let your brain do all the writing, don't stop to think, just go at it! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Hooray!

i said that this morning but the glasses will go on my face and between the simlit i'm behind on and the books i need to read. a closet full i'm not excited umph. umph is me buried under all the umph caught up reading. :)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Set a timer for 10 minutes and just write completely unfiltered. Don’t stop to correct mistakes, just write, write, write.

This can help to get a foundation for your chapter/scene as it eliminates the need for perfection that often pops up when staring at a blank screen.

Editing can come after you’ve done the sprint, so here you can fix any spelling/grammar errors and try and improve on what is already written my your unfiltered brain by fleshing out the story.

Not gonna lie, this is an issue i'd LOVE to have. My brain shut up a month ago and hasn't done anything since :lol:

Though i'm still feeling really self conscious about my work. Less, but not enough to make me feel like my writing is any good :/
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options

Not gonna lie, this is an issue i'd LOVE to have. My brain shut up a month ago and hasn't done anything since :lol:

Though i'm still feeling really self conscious about my work. Less, but not enough to make me feel like my writing is any good :/

thats why this place exsist. i met ccathtea over in the mega thread. which is a miracle cause when they say mega they mean it and had a idea for just a comfortable place for writers to hang out . i was also self concious about my writing never did it at all before 4. so i told cathtea about my lounge idea and 4 years later were still here.
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 All kinds of stories haha I mean outside of the Sims I write Survivor fan seasons since im obsessed with the show but inside the sims i tend to like drama and well developed characters to a point where i can feel emotion for the characters, and thats how i like to write my stories as well because if I make a character to everyone loves or everyone hates or everyone cries over I become happy because it means I did a good job :smile:
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read through a chapter of LL for me. (I'd prefer if it was someone who has an idea of what's going on but if not I can explain a little bit). It's one of those chapters where I'm not sure whether or not I should actually post it. (The last chapter was also one of those.)

I'd be honored to, @Bugsie2016 .

Maybe someone else will step up, too, so you can get more than one perspective....

I just need someone to read through it, like any other chapter just to see if it's worth posting. If you're up for that then I can send you a draft of it. :)

Eeks ! I missed this! I've been elsewhere and don't get notifications unless I'm tagged. But yes! I'm still up for it, if you're still need a reader , @Bugsie2016 ! Sorry for my huge delay in replying.

@CathyTea Yep, still need someone to read it. I actually forgot about it. I've been working on a new story for the past few days. :)

@Bugsie2016 Great! I'd love to read it! If you PM it, I'll get the notification!

• Options

If your head is talking to you about the story, but you want to take a break so you can refuel, then you might try some relaxed journaling or note-taking.

I'll do this when I don't really want to write, but my brain insists that these ideas must be put down. Usually, I'll scratch them down on a scrap of paper--sometimes, I'll use notepad on my computer. And usually, it's just the reminders for what I *do* want to write when I am finally ready to write the chapter.

Here's an example:

1) Fluatist standing on landing, under cherry trees, playing mournfully
    2) listening to music--questions
    3) Why sad? wandering thoughts of missing someone
    4) Conversation leads to the story
    5) missing dad, missing sister
    6) The adventure--do I tell it, or just skip around it, pick up in the aftermath?

Well... this example is of something I'm not ready to write because of the questions I have and because I don't have a good handle on the emotional context yet... but jotting down the notes lets me relax so I can begin letting my subconscious explore the answers.

I also often suggest writing a letter... you can write a letter to a character ("Dear Jas, here's what I want to write about in your next chapter...") or to a friend or reader. Sometimes, letters have a casual aspect, so we can write them in a relaxed way, and it lets us get down the ideas, without committing to a formal chapter.

• Options

Hi, @Spinfur ! And welcome! I'm so excited that our forum came up when you googled SimLit Community! :) Hey, Sissy, cool, huh? @friendsfan367

We're really always happy to chime in with suggestions and ideas! Feel free to share any questions and ideas you have!

• Options
    @CathyTea Oh thanks! Yeah I have a few ideas of my own forming, and I hope when I actually do start publishing I can ask for some advice and feedback since I'm always looking for ways to improve!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @CathyTea Oh thanks! Yeah I have a few ideas of my own forming, and I hope when I actually do start publishing I can ask for some advice and feedback since I'm always looking for ways to improve!

Hi @Spinfur Welcome to the lounge. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hi everyone. Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter fifty eight: Decisions
    chapter-fifty-eight-decisions_orig.jpg

[links removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    The gen2 heir for my drifter challenge finally aged up to teen and she came out really pretty!

246.jpg?w=640
  • Options
    The gen2 heir for my drifter challenge finally aged up to teen and she came out really pretty!

246.jpg?w=640

@DeiraShadeweaver She's beautiful
  • Options

Hooray!

i said that this morning but the glasses will go on my face and between the simlit i'm behind on and the books i need to read. a closet full i'm not excited umph. umph is me buried under all the umph caught up reading. :)

@friendsfan367 Take your time. I think you'll enjoy the Kass reboot. But I write longer chapters like @CathyTea. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top