Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Us Your "Manage Household" Queue!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2018
    I always have only one family in the queue (the one that I play with) because I want all the other households to live their lives... Unless there's like a sim that I want my sim to get together with and I don't want that said sim getting automatically married to someone else. I never play with the rotational gameplay so I don't really need many households

Can't unfortunately take a screenshot of my households since it's so late here and I really don't want to open my computer :'D

@MirkaKaroliina Ah, a fellow Finnish simmer I see ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @KJB Pool of Men :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    These are my only two saves with multiple households in that section as in my legacy/100 baby saves I mostly move all the extra households into "Other Households" and let MC Command take charge.

One:
    2hpmw7c.png
    2u7c1gj.png

The Centuries household is the household I did the Growfruit stuff with so I know I've had this save for quite a while.

Two:
    140dh8z.png
    avn9j7.png
  • Options
    valevale1999valevale1999 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > Here are mine:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have sooooo many, but those are the main ones

What is your name on the Gallery?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2019
    I usually always play my hundred baby challenge or another family that I like to play... But I've decided to try rotational play for the first time ever and I'm just creating the families now :-) I'll share with you after they are done. I usually play large families but I think there will be less in my rotational play file because I've decided to create a lot of the families based on stories are written in the past several of which will not have children at this point.
  • Options
    2yzbwr5.jpg
    302atrk.jpg
    vxe0w.jpg

Here's mine all set up for my new rotational play :) I am loving this style so far!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mine is showing a sim family that I haven't played before in my game. Is there a way to remove it from the manage households panel without deleting the family?
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Mine is showing a sim family that I haven't played before in my game. Is there a way to remove it from the manage households panel without deleting the family?

At the top of the screen there's a little drop down that says show all households and if you click on that it gives you the option to only show played households by unclicking the unplayed. Hope that helps
  • Options
    edited March 2019

At the top of the screen there's a little drop down that says show all households and if you click on that it gives you the option to only show played households by unclicking the unplayed. Hope that helps

Oh thank you. I had one sim showing in my played households that I had never played although I think he did live with Joaquin Le Chien who became part of my main family. I couldn't figure out how to move him back into the other households but I've done it now.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

If you edit a family in CAS, even if they aren't played, the game auto marks them as favorited (with the blue heart in the corner) and they'll be in your favorites section. Not sure if the favorites is where you mean, I'm assuming so, as that is what everyone here is showing, is their households and favorites is where played households go. The dark green plumbob in the upper left corner means it's a played household, a yellowish green one means unplayed, while the blue heart in the lower right corner means they are favorited (which is suppose to stop them from being culled, but I use MCCC to stop all culling, so I'm not sure how well that works).

You can have a household in favorites, therefore protected, without playing them. The tabs at the top "My Households" and "Other Households" is the separation. "My households" being the favorited ones and "Other Households" as any unfavorited.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    New Strangerville save with seven households, two of which are played:
    unbenanntaucksg.jpg
    - Not shown is Roswell, but I didn't change anything about them.
    - The men in the Mendoza household were all part of my first Strangerville playthrough.
    - Some sims appear to miss hands, this is where I lazily edited out their guns (There's a forum rule against showing weapons, not sure how strongly it is enforced, but better save than sorry).

Rotational save (based on Detroit: Become human, obviously) with 18 played households:
    unbenanntbr7jnf.jpg
    - The police household houses most of my police co-workers, half of them in their original randomized outfits. I do not play them, in fact, I'm afraid to even load them in CAS for fear they might lose their police roles. But putting in a new sim moved them up in the "recently edited" queque.
    - Bellamy is a rarely played household. I loaded them up in CAS to give Alton the white shirt and the tie when he was elected mayor.
    - Leroy and Thornton are my main households, also two of my three households I started this save with.
    Edit: Now I see that the Leroys aren't even in the picture. But the save preview shows them as "last household played", that's why I mixed that up.
    - Anderson, PL600 and Reed-Chen are the same sims as in the above picture ("The Posse" and "Chen" households) as I tend to recycle sims from my main save for the shorter lived side-saves. The Mendoza men are also in the rotational save, but in a deeper layer of the queque.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    57St8OT.png
    bwHYlnp.png
    05tjPbq.png
    JbRpdsG.png

I don't play with all of them, some are my niece's families. Some I have in my households and don't play but I keep them in there because I don't want them to be unplayed and be in super random relationships and stuff, mainly made for eye candy and to fill up my world with options.

Also, seeing other people's Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis I'm wondering why she's like 5 shades lighter in my game!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2019
    My current save is a sort of legacy save, so all the sims I have in My Households are related to each other in some way, which why most of their last names are the same. I didn't want to have to choose just one sim from each generation to continue with, so I've been playing all of the founders descendants rotationally for the past year. The toddler in the last Young family listed in the first picture (in Brindleton Bay) is the start of generation 5.

33606378598_ac0d3ebed3_b.jpg

40516942403_051ea672e8_b.jpg
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »

If you edit a family in CAS, even if they aren't played, the game auto marks them as favorited (with the blue heart in the corner) and they'll be in your favorites section. Not sure if the favorites is where you mean, I'm assuming so, as that is what everyone here is showing, is their households and favorites is where played households go. The dark green plumbob in the upper left corner means it's a played household, a yellowish green one means unplayed, while the blue heart in the lower right corner means they are favorited (which is suppose to stop them from being culled, but I use MCCC to stop all culling, so I'm not sure how well that works).

You can have a household in favorites, therefore protected, without playing them. The tabs at the top "My Households" and "Other Households" is the separation. "My households" being the favorited ones and "Other Households" as any unfavorited.

Yeah it was in the favourites. I'm not sure how the sim got in there when I hadn't played him. I managed to get him put back with the other unplayed sims where he belongs. It's funny... I've had the Sims 4 since it first released but still only seem to be learning how to play it. :D