Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Seasons and moving...

If you move a Sim to another neighborhood, obviously it would affect weather, but does it affect holidays on the calendar?

I've created a back story for another Sim that I want to play in Strangerville. I've already run a Sim through the Military career and played by the book. Now it's time to get dirty and obtain the aspiration goals by any means possible. She is going to be a Journalist and I want her to hack for evidence and bribe. I want to move her right after she is promoted to Front Page Writer (Friday). That would give her Saturday to "settle in" to her new home. Sunday is the Skill Day holiday. I want her to rack up the Programming that day.
I'm worried I'll lose the holiday if I move her. What should I do? :#
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    She will not lose the holiday
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Thank you.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Holidays are the same in all your worlds within one save. But events will depend on the household, I think, so events might get deleted when you move, I'm not sure. That would probably be regardless of whether you move next door or tho another world.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I ended up moving her Wednesday - she got her promotion a day earlier than I had anticipated. She spent Thanksgiving in her "new" trailer (moving from a fairly nice apt in SM :D ). She didn't lose her holidays or events. YAY!!!
    She's not gonna do her daily tasks for work because I want her to be solving the mystery while she is a Front Page Writer and Investigative Journalist - it just fits nicely within the story line! :)

Thanks for the answers guys!