Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofs over doors problem

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
I have a house I just built that is causing problems. The upstairs is a bit smaller than the downstairs, so I had to cover the larger room downstairs with a roof. The room that has been partially roofed has a door out to a porch. My sim cannot go through the door, routing problem. She can't even go upstairs. Routing problem. The stairs are also in this room. She can't even sit on the furniture that is under the roof but inside the room.
I had to remove the roof for her to be able to use the room, porch and go upstairs.
Has anyone else had this problem? How can I be doing anything wrong?
I1Fl2yc.png
hi0p6pl.png

With the roof still on there is nothing clickable from halfway along the sofa to the porch wall.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm having so many problems with roof placement at the moment too - I can't put windows and doors under a roof (or even pictures on the walls inside the room the roof covers!) unless the roof overlaps the wall by two spaces.

That could help your issue, but you'll have to get used to a massive roof on anything.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Any chance you could put the house on the gallery so I could try to see what’s going on?
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Any chance you could put the house on the gallery so I could try to see what’s going on?

Thanks for having a look. I have used moveobjects but for nothing around that area.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5B404A984BFA11E982F87E6A61392AEA?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=wiccanwonder&max=50&maxis=false
    I'm having so many problems with roof placement at the moment too - I can't put windows and doors under a roof (or even pictures on the walls inside the room the roof covers!) unless the roof overlaps the wall by two spaces.

That could help your issue, but you'll have to get used to a massive roof on anything.

Thanks I could give it a try.
    I really don't understand this, on checking if everything else worked she can't use the downstairs bathroom unless I move the door to another wall. She can't use the chair against the wall next to the back porch and she can't walk out onto the back porch either.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Did you try to remove the small roof above the back porch, extend the wall upstairs out and see if she can use the stairs? You can always "redo" it and take it back to where it was if that is not part of the problem
    edited March 2019
    Did you try to remove the small roof above the back porch, extend the wall upstairs out and see if she can use the stairs? You can always "redo" it and take it back to where it was if that is not part of the problem

I can remove the roof and she can use everything she couldn't just fine. Front or back. It just seems porch roofs are the problem. I tried different roofs and without trim none of that helps.

Actually the front porch with the front door has the room above overhanging and she has no problem with that one.
    Just by looking at your pics of the house (from your link) it looks like you didn't leave enough room for the stairs to work (for the sims head when going upstairs, LOL), maybe thats why it works when you removed the roof?
    You could remove the small roof and place floor tile down on that spot, put a little fence up (like a balcony) and see if that works. If that don't work, I would say its because there is not enough room downstairs and thats why you would just extend the top floor out?

Just trying to help, I really like your house (don't have all the packs reinstalled to try it out though)
    You could remove the small roof and place floor tile down on that spot, put a little fence up (like a balcony) and see if that works. If that don't work, I would say its because there is not enough room downstairs and thats why you would just extend the top floor out?

Just trying to help, I really like your house (don't have all the packs reinstalled to try it out though)

I do appreciate the help :) I tried making a balcony where the roof was and that worked, she can get upstairs fine :) It's just weird that a roof doesn't.
    I don't know if floor tiles makes a difference, I always place floor tiles before placing roofs (probably not necessary, but I do that, LOL). Maybe floor tiles would work with the roof (if you prefer it that way). Seems like a balcony and a roof wouldn't matter....as long as floor tiles were placed?

Glad it worked though. I love building in Sims4, but I don't know everything....but I have a ton of fun learning as I go!