Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use modded traits, aspirations and careers?

verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
I have found some traits, aspirations and careers through pinterest some of which are on tumblr. Many of the posts are over a year old and I can't find current post from some of the modders. Can these traits be updated?
Who make creative, fun, naughty, outrageous traits to try?
Which are your favourite?
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    there's plenty newer ones too. Check modthesims.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Midnitetech over on tumblr makes amazing custom careers pretty much anything you could want or need.
    https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/

If you google search for Custom aspirations a lot of good stuff comes up. I have some ones for kids bookmarked but I’m currently on my phone so can’t get to the links I can link them later if yiu’re Interested. Not sure about traits I haven’t really tried any of those.
    ~ ~ ~
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hi!
    Yes I love midnittech's careers!
    Kawaii Stacie also has some really great traits: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads/traits-bundle-1
    As well as some custom event careers as well!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    there's plenty newer ones too. Check modthesims.

Quite a few are not updated, usually the ones I really like lol, I have checked them out. I have a few favoured to try when I have a chance to play.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hi!
    Yes I love midnittech's careers!
    Kawaii Stacie also has some really great traits: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads/traits-bundle-1
    As well as some custom event careers as well!

I have seen Kawaii Stacie, but so far I am having trouble with her download site with the adfly. I am going to try again for her stuff.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't use custom traits, aspirations or careers. Those are very prone to breaking with every patch and some modders are not in too big of a hurry to update them.

I use about 200 other type mods, so I know all about waiting for modders to update their mods before I can use them after an update, but if I use a trait or career and it breaks and that modder decides they don't want to update the career or trait anymore, I run the risk of completely messing up my save and/or sim.

It's just not something I feel the risk is worth, to me.

Now, once Sims 4 is over and no longer receiving patches, I will heavily mod my traits and careers, until then, I'm fine with what the game gives me.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo, I understand that sentiment. It seems many of the creator of the traits, aspirations and careers stop updating :( I wonder how hard it would be to update them myself. Not that I have ever tried modding
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I used to have a mod that did the opposite of adding new traits: Removing existing ones. Back then many simmers didn't want the Bro trait in their game and I had a problem with Evil (true evil should be something dangerous and rare, but with just a small pool of traits the game chose evil far too often).

Too bad the creator retired and the mod never got updated.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Custom traits negatively effected my game so I don’t use them anymore.

Aspirations have glitched out on me so I don’t use those.

I do download custom careers though.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't use custom traits, aspirations or careers, those are probably the only mods that I don't use lol
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Custom traits are usually not balanced with the rest of the game... At least the ones I tried.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Wouldn't play the game without it
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    No I haven't. I don't tend to use CC or mods until a game is through being developed - then I will check them out for things I want that's not in the finished game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don’t, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t considered it. There’s just so many good ones out there!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Now, once Sims 4 is over and no longer receiving patches, I will heavily mod my traits and careers, until then, I'm fine with what the game gives me.

Same here. I don't use them but have seen a few which I plan to use once the game is 'finished'

@SiliClone Love you 10th doctor sim and your sig photo
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I cut back on my use of custom traits, but I do use a lot of careers. I get most of mine from Neia on MTS.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I don't use custom traits, aspirations or careers. Those are very prone to breaking with every patch and some modders are not in too big of a hurry to update them.

I use about 200 other type mods, so I know all about waiting for modders to update their mods before I can use them after an update, but if I use a trait or career and it breaks and that modder decides they don't want to update the career or trait anymore, I run the risk of completely messing up my save and/or sim.

It's just not something I feel the risk is worth, to me.

I feel exactly the same. I don't use mods that can ruin a save or sim when they are no longer updated.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I have used custom made careers both from Neia and Midnite but I am taking a break from them now as they tend to break everytime a new pack is added into the mix and even by patches. I will probably add them again later on. I am just afraid to screw up my saved game with them.
    Thanks for all the input. I might wait and not try them. I currently have added something that caused an Exception Error so will have to check each mod again. I just thought they might give a little more personality to my sims. Maybe if I knew how to fix them myself it wouldn't be so bad.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    not a fan of any of them. i have kawaiistacie traits just for my child sims. i use the "talented" trait which is somewhat cheaty in order to make them level up in skills faster so i can age them up, but i dont like to use any of the other traits because the majority of them are just traits you can buy in the points shop, which makes it feel pointless and cheaty.
  • simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    I've used modded traits and careers, but no custom aspirations except for the grilled cheese one (which is just a joke aspiration anyway). But some custom traits can be really unbalanced and make the game a lot easier than it should be, so when I find out that I have one like that I usually just stop using it. Installing traits that can be bought with satisfaction points isn't something I do either, since it feels kind of "cheaty" like @idkemily put it.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I've used a mod to make teen careers available to all and make the social media career available to teens. I personally don't use custom traits case it loads without them can't stand having yo replace stuff (the reason I use gameplay mods and not cc)
    caitytrina.png
  • SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    I have a lot of custom traits. My favorites are these two packs from Triplis. They're traits specifically for children and teens and they work like toddler traits in that they disappear once the sim ages up. There's one in each set to match the existing toddler traits.

They give pretty powerful moodlets so it can feel a bit cheaty, but great for if you have large families and want the kids to skill up faster and/or by themselves.

I'm a new member so I can't link them, but if you Google 'Triplis child traits' you should them no problem. The most recent version is hosted on a github address.
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    I've never seem a custom trait which wasn't thrash, just random moodlets from time to time and boosts to some skill and need, yeah, don't need that in my game, thank you.

Aspirations on the other hand there are some amazing ones out there, I don't get why the custom reward traits those provide add actual gameplay like custom interactions while the custom traits out there don't even add some flavor of chatting.

Careers too, there are many amazing ones, sadly the one I loved the most (brittpinkiesims' Fashion career) does not work anymore.

That being said, I don't use any of them anymore, they are guaranteed to break every single patch and it's way too hard to keep track of which ones to update.