Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did you start your first save?

ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
When you first started playing, how did you start your first save game? And have you changed how you start new saves in comparison to your first?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My very first game I played with pre-made sims. I played a couple families too. Now I only play with my own sims and stick to one family through many generations. Didn't take long before I started playing that way, I just really checked each family out and got used to the differences from one.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I'm a mega control freak. So I start with a brand new city of my own. I build houses that my six founding families can afford (10k or less). Then I create my first six founders and move them into the homes. I then create spouses for those founders and move them in too. With the additional 10k, they can afford some furniture, plumbing, etc. Each one gets a job to get cash flowing and we're off to the races.
  • hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    I started playing the Sims 4 at a friend’s house, so I’ll talk about that save. I’d been watching a YouTuber who was making a Five Nights at Freddy’s Sims 4 series on her channel, so I decided to imitate it on my friend’s computer. I learned the motherlode cheat from another friend at the house that day, used the cheat, and bought the biggest house imaginable. I then failed at building add-ons and then promptly forgot about the save after that day. Created a new save the next day. I’m willing to bet she still has the saves on her computer, as she hasn’t played in years.
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
    > @hallow said:
    > I started playing the Sims 4 at a friend’s house, so I’ll talk about that save. I’d been watching a YouTuber who was making a Five Nights at Freddy’s Sims 4 series on her channel, so I decided to imitate it on my friend’s computer. I learned the motherlode cheat from another friend at the house that day, used the cheat, and bought the biggest house imaginable. I then failed at building add-ons and then promptly forgot about the save after that day. Created a new save the next day. I’m willing to bet she still has the saves on her computer, as she hasn’t played in years.

I just realized this is a Sims 2 thread. I’m so sorry.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    hallow wrote: »
    > @hallow said:
    > I started playing the Sims 4 at a friend’s house, so I’ll talk about that save. I’d been watching a YouTuber who was making a Five Nights at Freddy’s Sims 4 series on her channel, so I decided to imitate it on my friend’s computer. I learned the motherlode cheat from another friend at the house that day, used the cheat, and bought the biggest house imaginable. I then failed at building add-ons and then promptly forgot about the save after that day. Created a new save the next day. I’m willing to bet she still has the saves on her computer, as she hasn’t played in years.

I just realized this is a Sims 2 thread. I’m so sorry.

It’s all good :smile: That is pretty funny to think that save will sit there in its odd state.
    > @ThePinkBookGirl said:
    > hallow wrote: »
    >
    > > @hallow said:
    > > I started playing the Sims 4 at a friend’s house, so I’ll talk about that save. I’d been watching a YouTuber who was making a Five Nights at Freddy’s Sims 4 series on her channel, so I decided to imitate it on my friend’s computer. I learned the motherlode cheat from another friend at the house that day, used the cheat, and bought the biggest house imaginable. I then failed at building add-ons and then promptly forgot about the save after that day. Created a new save the next day. I’m willing to bet she still has the saves on her computer, as she hasn’t played in years.
    >
    > I just realized this is a Sims 2 thread. I’m so sorry.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It’s all good :smile: That is pretty funny to think that save will sit there in its odd state.

Haha yeah.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I created a new neighborhood using the Desiderata Valley map. Made a house for a single father and teen son. It was way too big lol. I had no idea what size was good.
    Then I added a bowling alley and a restaurant to the world.

Didn't play that save for too long but wow, those first build experiences in Sims 2 were super fun!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I vaguely remember just going with the flow of the pleasant's house I let Daniel have his cake and eat it to, Kaylynn got pregnant and when she got her first bump Mary sue and the girls stood in front of the kitchen opening and wouldn't let her pass. She died of hunger right there and a deviant simmer was born...fun times.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I did play the Tutorial first but then I made sisters to play in Pleasantview. I wanted to play both the Fortune and Family to see how they would play. They had a lot of parties and worked hard... then I moved on. :)
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    The first time i've played, it was the unlucky Roth family. Why unlucky ? Because i didn't play the tutorial first. Stella and Morty died of hunger i think (i was like "Yes you are hungry but how do i cook ?!" ) , i do remember that Morty died in his greenhouse btw. Xander got taken by the social service. Only Sandra survive this mess, i end up putting her in the family bin and quickly went playing the tutorial.
    Way later (1 or 2 years actually), i was wondering what family to play next, when i've noticed that Sandra was still in the family bin after all this time. I knew how to play, so it was time to make her happy. She end up married and had a baby girl, and i thought i could adopt a child too. I was pretty surprise when i saw Xander showing up :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow, I can't remember, but I know I played the tutorial and really liked that couple and their house. I went to read lessons about how to make a deck, wow, that blew my mind and custom music, custom TV shows, all the other custom stuff like your own video game etc. Then I think if I remember correctly I checked out the hoods and their stories, was so afraid I would mess them up that I started my own custom hood with a couple and a son. I wouldn't play toddlers forever, like with Brandi because I was afraid of them. lol I was afraid I would kill the family. After that I started building and playing my own custom hoods and it was a few years or longer before I even touched the premade households in the Maxis hoods.

I didn't buy any EPs for at least a year and half so that's why I love TS2 so much and see how much depth it had because I stuck with the base game didn't even think about EPs until like early 2006.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I played the tutorial and tried learning in Pleasnat Valley before I started to set up towns with the maps instead.I started my own town in UC and it's still there to be played though new couples are starting to move in and get settled.I'm setting up for a BACC in TS2 and that one will take a while to grow.It's easy to move them to a new neighborhood if a shopping district or downtown is assigned to your town.It's done just like any other move where you'd have the family start packing up if they're all moving and evict them to move them into their new home.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I started with a new single adult sim, one based on one of the sim kids in my game of The Sims 1. I settled her in Verona and got to know the game, then made my sim-self and his wife. I didn't play Pleasantview for..FOUR YEARS, because my first install was on an older computer that ran things slowly, and I wanted to enjoy that neighborhood the way it was supposed to be enjoyed. After Verona I made a couple of other neighborhoods using default maps, but once I had my new machine, I could use SimCity 4 to create custom maps, and made a "real" neighborhood -- one with municipal buildings, parks, that sort of thing. It looked like a city instead of just a green area with houses and streets.
  • coolhipcoolhip Posts: 2 New Member
    I remember the first family I created well, because I had been planning in advance the type of family I was going to create when I'd finally get The Sims 2. I had played S2 a couple of times at a friend's house and fallen in love with one of the premade teen Sims in CAS, because she looked like Gabriella from High School Musical (ugh). So when I finally got my own copy of the game, I obviously added her to the family first (and named her Gabriella, duh). I also made her a little brother and a mom and a dad. The family's last name was Merjanen (a random Finnish last name). I moved them into a house in Pleasantview, and the first thing I did was I ordered the dad to go make some food, and since I was such a noob, I was oblivious to the whole skill point system. So yeah... he started a fire. And the young me freaked out and exited the game.

Nowadays I pretty much only play Legacy Challenges. I don't really create families in CAS anymore, because I have a hard time getting attached to them. I also always create a new neighborhood, I never (except with friends) play in the premade hoods.

I also don't freak out about fires anymore.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It's been about 14 years since that first time, but if memory serves I did the tutorial first to get the hang of it. Then it was off to Pleasantview, a mix of one of my own sims and tinkering with the premades. Those days were largely experiments, what can I do - even if it's pushing the envelope. Somewhere along the line discovered the great CC available (that works, first pass, and doesn't need fixing), integrated it, and developed what has become my style - multiple interconnected families with complex (and photo recorded in the family albums) stories that seldom stick to the overall domestic vibe of the game. Great stuff!
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2018
    Is it weird that I still remember that moment?

I went into CAS and created two Sims. A male Sim called "Lothar" and a female Sim called "Silke". Both had brown hair. I moved them into a small house and pretended that she was a university student renting a room in Lothar's house.

I started "The Sims 3" the same way, but here I created "Tina Traveller" and "Geert Greening".

Strangely I don't remember the first Sims I created for TS4 - must have been overwhelmed with the tactile and intuitive CAS. ;)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • GrandmaJaneyGrandmaJaney Posts: 33 Member
    Dear ThePinkBookGirl,

I started my first save over a decade ago and I was sitting with my grandson in my lap as we created our sims together. he helped me choose all of their features and clothing and it was so wonderful. i still play with those sims even though he is now in high school.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Dear ThePinkBookGirl,

I started my first save over a decade ago and I was sitting with my grandson in my lap as we created our sims together. he helped me choose all of their features and clothing and it was so wonderful. i still play with those sims even though he is now in high school.

That is so sweet! Love seeing family playing The Sims together :smile:
  • KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    When I was a kid and started playing it I just did silly things and downloaded a ton of CC. I moved on from that since CC kinda ruined making babies with all it's bugs. (The extra stuff like unlockable skin tones (zombie, alien, vampire) were all really cool, the unlockable outfits too (No idea how to get them back in The Ultimate Collection though.))
    I then went though a phase of where I played a whole town seasonally, trying to fulfil each household's aspirations, continue the family line and so on. Every time it changed Season and I had to move to another family I always charted down in my notebook anything notable like whether something had happened or if something was wrong with a sim.
    I now do my own Sims 2 challenge as I apparently have gotten really good at the game over the years. You can find the details on my DeviantART "ZeldaGamer11" (It's really old though). In basic form though I start off with one sim and have to make their family line last as long as possible. Everything is randomly generated. Their names: I pick names that I see in the wild and name them that. Their aspirations: I find a word randomiser online, put all the aspirations in and out comes an order in which I have to pick the new sims aspirations. Turn ons: You only need to pick the first sim's ones so I just wiggle my mouse around with my eyes closed and pick the one closest to the mouse.
    It's pretty simple, you fail if they all die or if your save gets wiped.
  • simsterlyrocksimsterlyrock Posts: 28 Member
    When I first started playing, I would usually just play the premades, with an occasional family that I made. Then I discovered the exchange and found out about legacies, and I've been doing my own families ever since. I will still occasionally play one of the premade 'hoods, but it never lasts long before I go back to my own families.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I start new saves by moving into a house.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • GalaxyCat707GalaxyCat707 Posts: 72 Member
    I first made myself as a sim, then I made my real life best friend, as my sim's sister and then our mum and dad. I bought a pre-made home and removed some of the furniture. However, the home was a one-bedroom and I haven't played Sims 2 enough to get around build-mode in the game and so...I left it as I spent too long that day just making my first sims family! I made my sim her own special someone in another household, with his mum and dad, the next day. Right now, I haven't gone back to the game and this was only in May this year haha. I will go back on Sims 2 again at some point and move my main sims family into a bigger home.
  • SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    When you first started playing, how did you start your first save game? And have you changed how you start new saves in comparison to your first?

In 2014 I bought the sims 4, (never had played the sims) I wont say my age at the time but I was yound enough to be scared easily. I remember downloading it from origin just being like, OMG imma make my family and it'll be so fun! So I made my family, CAS was a challenge because I was never introduced to the sims that much before. When making my family, I would sometimes change their hairs in outfits other than everyday. My sister ended up with an afro, she's a blonde white girl. I was shocked when I saw my family when we moved into our lot. Now, I saw some youtubers building their home so I was like, I'll do that! I moved onto an empty lot and was like, wait how do I build? I sat there and watched the wacky-sim version of my family talking and walking around in sped up time. My mom needed the toilet so I was like, I do not have a toilet. I moved my cursor around the screen before it landed on the build mode button. I got a toilet and placed it down, I decided she needed privacy while she used it so I made the tiniest triangle you could make with walls around the toilet. I did NOT put down a door. She peed herself and died of embarrassment. When the grim reaper arrived, I was terrified. I took one look at him and closed my laptop. I later said to my dad I wanted the sims 3 instead. So we set up a case on EA that we bought the wrong game, I got the sims 3 then.
    What a game.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    Started with a single CAS sim because didn't find any attractive to me. Then I did create even more, have babies.... I just tried to populate the town in my own way. I went into the uni thing, whose Sims were so much better. Then I started to kill/delete many of the Sims I don't like (which is bad for corruption, I learned it later) Lucky me I could still play that neighborhood a long time until I got interested in modding, which gave me a wish to restart.
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    I had totally forgotten The Sims even existed when I stumbled upon a Deligracy video on Youtube. 6 months and half a dozen youtubers later I bought myself the game and seeing how long it took to install it I started getting some cc.
    I tried to make my simself (a total fail) and my sister and cheated to get us a penthouse.
    I stopped playing us after a week because I somehow died of hunger and my little sister got pregnant :#