Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Password working for the website but not the launcher.

I haven't changed my password. Yet the launcher will not accept it to install store merchandise. I tried to reset my password to fix the problem and I got this:

password%20screen.png

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    The first step to fix that is to clear your Internet Explorer cache and cookies, being certain to not preserve data for Favorites (deselect that option). Even if you never use IE as a browser or it is not very accessible to you as might be the case on Win 10, the game and the Launcher do and the cache/cookie data will often get junked up.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

The second step if that's not enough is to change your password (again).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I don't remember needing to log into the launcher to install store content. If I'm logged in on the S3 site and can download it, I can also install it. Maybe you're doing something different? However, to fix the password problem, it usually works to clear your Internet Explorer cache. I know you likely don't use it, but (in case you haven't run across this info) the game still does. If you're on Windows 10, you can find it under Windows Accessories.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    After about 3 hours of chatting with EA tech support and trying numerous things they finally gave me the solution igazor gave me in one shot. LOL. I needed to clean out my internet cache files.

There was no way around it. I either needed to log into the launcher or in the game itself. neither would work.

Thanks everyone!
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Thanks from me also.