Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off topic. My thoughts with Christchurch

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I send hugs to you all in New Zealand <3 My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Thanks Rosemow <3 We are all still in shock. Never thought our peaceful little island could be tainted this way :(
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Sending prayers and hugs to everyone in New Zealand from Texas. We are grieving with you
    Sending prayers and hugs to everyone in New Zealand from Texas. We are grieving with you
    <3 Thank you. We are all still in a state of shock. Never thought something so heartbreaking could happen here :(
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    My heart goes out to all of you. A dear friend of mine has just moved to New Zealand. Take care.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    It was very unexpected and very shocking 😔 keeping other kiwi families in my prayers 🙏
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    Such a terrible, sad day. NZ is the most beautiful, peaceful, welcoming country & it's hard to believe that something like this could happen there. I loved what your PM said - particularly when she said "there will be changes to our gun laws". So different from the USA where it's never the right time to talk about gun control. I'm holding all Kiwis in my heart. <3
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    > @mcrudd said:
    > ()
    >
    > Nz's darkest day :(

The world mourns with New Zealand. As someone who rarely travels outside the states, all I've ever known of the country is its sprawling landscapes and friendly people. This opened my eyes to how naive I was to think this kind of hate and vitriol couldn't possibly reach such beautiful places and people. I'm sorry for lives that have been taken.
    Mendota wrote: »
    My heart goes out to all of you. A dear friend of mine has just moved to New Zealand. Take care.

We moved here 15 years ago, left all we had and family behind to give our two children a live without constant fear. Now my heart is breaking, my daughter phoned me to please pick her up Friday night as there was a controlled explosion near where she was ice skating with friends, she has never felt scared since we arrived here. Its so sad what has happened to our little piece of paradise :(
    It was very unexpected and very shocking 😔 keeping other kiwi families in my prayers 🙏

Our community is amazing, where I am living there has been such an amazing outreach to let the Muslims in our area know that we are not all like those monsters that took lives. Some people are offering free services, eg lawn mowing and house cleaning so that stress are less on all those that has experienced loss and live in fear now. We have lots of people offering to take Muslim ladies shopping, or standing by them at the bus stop or just even inviting them over for a chat. Its amazing how everyone has reacted, its beautiful beyond words <3
    Such a terrible, sad day. NZ is the most beautiful, peaceful, welcoming country & it's hard to believe that something like this could happen there. I loved what your PM said - particularly when she said "there will be changes to our gun laws". So different from the USA where it's never the right time to talk about gun control. I'm holding all Kiwis in my heart. <3

Those changes are already in the working. Any sort of semi automatic weapon will be banned. Gun laws are becoming super strict now. Our country is not sitting down and accepting what happened, we are standing up and letting all religions know this is unacceptable and this is not who we are.
    MadameSim wrote: »

The world mourns with New Zealand. As someone who rarely travels outside the states, all I've ever known of the country is its sprawling landscapes and friendly people. This opened my eyes to how naive I was to think this kind of hate and vitriol couldn't possibly reach such beautiful places and people. I'm sorry for lives that have been taken.

Our country has welcome me and my family 15 years ago with open arms. We had nothing and my son's teacher came over to welcome us, she asked when our container were arriving, I said we do not have one coming, she left and later returned with several people gifting us furniture, appliances and cutlery even toys and a cot for my then baby girl. This country is love and kindness and we will not stand for what happened, we are in shock now, but we will always be who we are, we are not those heartless people that took lives :(

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    We as humans should celebrate and cherish the differences amongst ourselves. My prayers go out to New Zealand. Nobody should ever be a victim of a hate crime. Nobody should ever be a victim of a terrorist attack.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    drakharis wrote: »
    We as humans should celebrate and cherish the differences amongst ourselves. My prayers go out to New Zealand. Nobody should ever be a victim of a hate crime. Nobody should ever be a victim of a terrorist attack.

I agree <3