Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If werewolves are ever made, Which pack do you think EAxis will include them in?

If werewolves are ever made, Which pack do you think EAxis will include them in? 86 votes

Dedicated Game pack
50%
GRIMMYlornalexloverjhenn14lisamwittWritin_RegStrangerthanrobyngravesMindofymarcel21Simfan923simmietimeCeCeDotjcp011c2BlueSeaWavesrambahadoerDevilNDisguisetexxx78QueenMercyChadSims2MasonGamer 43 votes
University EP
1%
MaiaPlaysSims 1 vote
Farming EP
2%
zagboorulesSERVERFRA 2 votes
Supernatural EP
30%
DannydanboPlayerSinger2010DESERTFLOWER1981JestTruAddamsFamilymlmeadowsannaliese39TomaTeriTLM08BrittanyChick22LuxSilentKittyFreezerBunnyCowplantwx_lixTurquoisePapayaTS1299MayFlower49simms745UncagedSongbirdBradyGalaxy 26 votes
Other (write down below)
0%
I think EAxis isn't going to make them at all
16%
rudy8292Alexizefriendlysimmersdrake_mccartyCinebarelelunicyXwantonSavvySimmieBrittneyLeeeEnkiSchmidtdomina89Chazzzyrinre33paradiseplanet 14 votes

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Supernatural EP
    I think it's most likely to either be a Supernatural pack (hopefully alongside witches and fairies) or a dedicated game pack. I can't see the logic behind any occult featuring in a university or farming EP. I really wouldn't mind what pack they came in though, just as long as we get werewolves somehow. I can't wait to start a rivalry between them and my vamps.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Dedicated Game pack
    It isn’t necessarily what pack I think they’ll add them to or how they’ll be implemented, but more-so what I’d prefer they do with them.

I’d love it if they gave Werewolves (amongst any other Supernatural) the same attention that they gave Vampires this time around.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dedicated Game pack
    It wouldn't make much sense in grouping them all together, in one Expansion again, I truly believe Sorcerers and Werewolves will, and should get their own Game/Expansion pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Dedicated game pack is extremely unlikely. Having a small dedicated group that really, really want werewolves isn’t enough. Werewolves do not have enough general appeal for the masses. If they made a werewolves GP, tons of people would skip it without blinking an eye.

Not to mention they’re releasing GPs at very slow rate (1 or 2 per year). If TS4 only have 3-4 game pack left in its life span, I wouldn’t expect more than 1 of those being supernatural (which surely would be witches and not werewolves).

Overall I’d say,
    60% chance of never being made
    30% chance of being in a Supernatural EP (would be higher but Grant seemed to be against a supernatural EP)
    10% chance of being in some other pack
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It wouldn't make much sense in grouping them all together, in one Expansion again, I truly believe Sorcerers and Werewolves will, and should get their own Game/Expansion pack.

Werewolves are not anywhere on an equal footing as witches/sorcerers. In Grant’s supernatural poll, werewolves finished behind witches, mermaids, imaginary friends, AND fairies. They’re simply nowhere as popular.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Supernatural EP
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Dedicated game pack is extremely unlikely. Having a small dedicated group that really, really want werewolves isn’t enough. Werewolves do not have enough general appeal for the masses. If they made a werewolves GP, tons of people would skip it without blinking an eye.

Not to mention they’re releasing GPs at very slow rate (1 or 2 per year). If TS4 only have 3-4 game pack left in its life span, I wouldn’t expect more than 1 of those being supernatural (which surely would be witches and not werewolves).

Overall I’d say,
    30% chance of being in a Supernatural EP (would be higher but Grant seemed to be against a supernatural EP)

Werewolves are not anywhere on an equal footing as witches/sorcerers. In Grant’s supernatural poll, werewolves finished behind witches, mermaids, imaginary friends, AND fairies. They’re simply nowhere as popular.
    First of all, we shouldn't make assumptions about future content base don what Grant says. if his opinions was the main factor deciding which packs we would have we wouldn't have Parenthood and family play SPs as Grant prefers playing with one or two sims to a family.

Secondly werewolves got behind in the polls because they were put in competition with WITCHES. it would be very weird to see them win against witches. (honestly Grant did the tournament wrong he could have made a poll where we can select multiple options instead) i would argue that they are the third most popular occults within simmers (after Witches (first) and mermaids and fairies (second)) because they were featured both in ts2 and ts3.

So i'd say:
    30% chance of never being made
    20% chance of them being featured in a Game Pack
    35% chance of them being featured in a Supernatural EP
    15% chance of them being featured in some other pack
    Supernatural EP
    Werewolves are definitely wanted by lots of us! I don't use Twitter and I'm sure I'm not the only player not to, so I wouldn't trust that poll. There has been a lot of discussion on werewolves on the forums / in the community and I was really happy to see werewolves come out as the second most wanted occult after witches, followed by fairies in third. So yes, I'm still optimistic they're coming to rival my vamps, hopefully with witches and fairies. It just wouldn't be right without them.
    Supernatural EP
    Dedicated game pack is extremely unlikely. Having a small dedicated group that really, really want werewolves isn't enough. Werewolves do not have enough general appeal for the masses. If they made a werewolves GP, tons of people would skip it without blinking an eye.

Not to mention they’re releasing GPs at very slow rate (1 or 2 per year). If TS4 only have 3-4 game pack left in its life span, I wouldn't expect more than 1 of those being supernatural (which surely would be witches and not werewolves).

Overall I’d say,

First of all, we shouldn't make assumptions about future content base don what Grant says. if his opinions was the main factor deciding which packs we would have we wouldn't have Parenthood and family play SPs as Grant prefers playing with one or two sims to a family.

Secondly werewolves got behind in the polls because they were put in competition with WITCHES. it would be very weird to see them win against witches. (honestly Grant did the tournament wrong he could have made a poll where we can select multiple options instead) i would argue that they are the third most popular occults within simmers (after Witches (first) and mermaids and fairies (second)) because they were featured both in ts2 and ts3.

So i'd say:
    30% chance of never being made
    20% chance of them being featured in a Game Pack
    35% chance of them being featured in a Supernatural EP
    15% chance of them being featured in some other pack

Also, in recent months every time Grant answered to Occult fans demanding more occults he *always* said something along the lines of "we are trying to make everyone happy with our content and it's not like we aren't going to make any more content so hang tight and be patient!". if EAxis doesn't have making more than one occult planned why would Grant say these in the first place? (He said that they generally know what content they want to make a year in advance)

Quite ironically, if we are to make assumptions based on what Grant says, we should be expecting a Supernatural EP to be released this year lol.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I really don't know what to vote here. What I think they'll do is completely different from what I want them to do.
    Supernatural EP
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I really don't know what to vote here. What I think they'll do is completely different from what I want them to do.

what do you want them to do?
    Armilus616 wrote: »

what do you want them to do?

I want them to do Werewolves justice. I want them to make actual Werewolves like those in VanHelsing or the statues in vampires with the snouts and tails and ears and fur and wolf feet and so on, with customizable fur patterns and snout lengths and a moon cycle and pack dynamics and Hunting Wildlife gameplay with a skill involved and actual animalistic behavior.
    Not just ugly Sims with a lot of facial and body hair, big teeth and pointy ears who are rude and eat raw stuff with a gross animation and are beaten up by newspapers.
    I want werewolf toddlers to transform into cute little puppy werewolves and mess up the furniture and eat their toys on a full moon.
    Of course they couldn't have as many powers as the Vampires, but still.
    That is what I want for Werewolves and I don't care in what Pack they include them.

I never even dared to dream that we get any occult as fleshed out as Vampires are right now before Vampires GP was released.
    And I think it is pretty much confirmed that not all occults are going to be as fleshed out. But I hope for at least one more before Sims 4 ends.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I strongly believe that they will add witches in a dedicated game back but won't hold my breath for werewolves. It would be nice to see them added though
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Supernatural EP
    I think a supernatural expansion pack would be great, to include something for everyone, I would hope.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Dedicated Game pack
    shapeshifters pack 🌞
  • YammzzYammzz Posts: 25 Member
    Dedicated Game pack
    I really hope werewolves get their own pack like vampires did. They really deserve it. I was kinda let down by the werewolves pack in Sims 3; vampires just seems to be a little more fleshed out.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dedicated Game pack

I think the reason people like me are answering that way, is because they have a history of doing it that way with 4. Previous iterations put vampires with the Nightlife/Late Night and werewolves (and vampres if you didn't have Night Life already) with Pets/Supernatural.
    This time vampires got their own pack and Pets didn't include werewolves. They could still do a Supernatural like 3, if they want to include other occults. But I could easily see them doing werewolves and having an aspiration, looks, and new location based around them like the vampire pack did instead. Then maybe ALSO doing a separate supernatural pack that adds other occults with fewer features.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    At least that’s what I hope!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    At least that’s what I hope!

Your hope, my fear.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dedicated Game pack

Overall I’d say,

That may be...

But Werewolves do however have the most potential of generating enough content to fill a Game Pack. Enough, to Mirror the Vampire Game Pack to it's entirety, and then some. More than Imaginary Friends, Fairies, and Mermaids can, I fear these creatures would merely stand in the side lines as compliments to another pack. Like Aliens, Ghosts, Plantsims. They simply don't have enough substance to be in the foreground. And believe me I've put major thought into those life states, if they were to come into play. At Least werewolves can Provide enough. Even if it's not popular, it's simply not wise to give them the short end of the stick. Especially when we get packs like Stranger ville, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, packs nobody asked for, all good packs, I bought a couple, however I am certain even Werewolves would exceed, some of those packs. As a pack, in terms of the the other Occults, sure they may have superiority, however, if done correctly Werewolves can be as great as Vampires, if not better, and popularity shouldn't be the leash that holds werewolves back.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Dedicated Game pack
    a game pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Supernatural EP
    Werewolves aren't enough to justify getting it's own pack. I think it'd have to be one whole big Supernatural EP. And also they wouldn't fit in with university or farming. But you never know...
    Proud simmer
    Supernatural EP
    Werewolves aren't enough to justify getting it's own pack. I think it'd have to be one whole big Supernatural EP. And also they wouldn't fit in with university or farming. But you never know...

I mean, they can be enough for a dedicated game pack on the condition that EAxis goes out of its way and gets ambitious with occults like what happened with Vampires.
    Supernatural EP
    Werewolves are definitely enough for a GP! There are so many great possibilities, with a huge lore to play with for inspiration, just the same as vampires, witches and the 'fair folk'. I have seen some brilliant ideas on the forums from various simmers so it could definitely work. I would be just as happy with a EP though, if it means we get a number of well developed occults at once. I've been waiting so patiently...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Didn't Grant's twitter poll show mermaids won over werewolves? they aren't coming.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Supernatural EP
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Didn't Grant's twitter poll show mermaids won over werewolves? they aren't coming.

1-Witches won over Werewolves, not Mermaids
    2-The poll doesn't necessarily mean that werewolves won't be made. It simply means that witches will be made first.
    3-Mermaids weren't put in competition with Witches, so technically we can't be sure which is more popular between werewolves and mermaids
    Supernatural EP
    Cinebar wrote: »

1-Witches won over Werewolves, not Mermaids
    2-The poll doesn't necessarily mean that werewolves won't be made. It simply means that witches will be made first.
    3-Mermaids weren't put in competition with Witches, so technically we can't be sure which is more popular between werewolves and mermaids

Exactly! Besides, from community polls I've seen werewolves are actually the next most wanted after witches, followed by fairies in third place. So, I'm still holding out hope for those three to return. It wouldn't feel right without them.