Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Missing Dragon Fruit?

I had a quick browse through google and the forums and didn't come across an answer so thought I'd try here. Problem is, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. Hoping someone has an answer.

My sim family have been gardeners for a long time and had a large garden of high quality dragon fruit, which paid for their large house and family. I bought the seasons expansion, excited for a bit of a new challenge to gardening, but when I logged into my family, their entire garden had been stripped of all the dragon fruit, leaving only a few extra other types of plants here and there.

Could someone possibly clarify what's going on if this isn't a glitch? This is a bit of a bummer as my sims won't likely be able to pay their bills this cycle, and I'm really not into using cheats. Not my play style. Would love any input or help on the matter. Thanks!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    I believe what you are seeing is a glitch. There are several things involving plants that are messed up. They supposedly fixed it in the latest patch, but to me it actually became worse.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    If the plants look like they were just planted with no growth on them, it's normal. If planted outside they only grow in the fall. If planted in a greenhouse, they will start to grow in a couple of days. If the plants are completely gone, it's a glitch.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    You can get dragon fruit in the rare seed packs
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I used to find dragon fruit at the Spice Festival, but this time when my family went, none of the plants were ready to harvest, and it was late summer! Those plants are the only reason my sims even go to the festivals anymore.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • CallycatCallycat Posts: 6 New Member
    > @ldmarko said:
    > I used to find dragon fruit at the Spice Festival, but this time when my family went, none of the plants were ready to harvest, and it was late summer! Those plants are the only reason my sims even go to the festivals anymore.

Plants only produce a harvest at 5am now (and only if you're on the lot) so I don't believe it will be possible to harvest at festivals now - they end too early.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member

After spending some time at the spice festival I had a few harvestable plants but there was no green shrub part for most of the plants and the fruit was floating in the air. My sim was able to harvest a few plants but didn't get much. I managed to get one dragon fruit, one tomato, and a few strawberries.

43145947971_227ee09aee_b.jpg
  • DomynessDomyness Posts: 24 Member
    I suppose I will check out the seed packs and festivals and start at square one. There is absolutely no plants at all. No dirt mounds or anything. Just gone. Oh well. Thanks for all the feedback folks!
  • katyxbunnykatyxbunny Posts: 4 New Member
    I installed seasons just because I heard it made gardening a lot more fun, proper job, and my gardening sim had worked very hard to create quite a few plants and shrubs in the perfect state.… But when I loaded it for the first time, half of my fruit looked like it was sitting on the ground! I think it’s actually invisible shrubs like KatzMeow’s above (it just looked like the few fruits remaining were on the grass, and there were little mounds in the dirt like that too). I panicked, quit w/o saving, and put the code into origin to load without seasons. Sure enough - the plants are fine!! .....but I just paid for that seasons pack and I’d like to use it!!

Did anyone find a fix??? If I sacrifice those plants and start over, will I at least see my new shrubs (even if it’s not their fruiting season)? And is there ANY way I could avoid that besides simply living with invisible plants? Thanks everyone!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Well, I didn't transfer any saves before and after Seasons, But I CAN verify Dragonfruit plants grow just fine with Seasons. . . Even IF they are severely nerfed. Seasons knocked it down from a harvest of 8 per plant to 2. Plus they only grow outdoors in certain seasons. I now place all my planters indoors in something like a greenhouse or covered like a gazebo. As long as they are inside something configured as a room with a ceiling, they don't even need walls to be considered "Sheltered". Even a porch will work.
    katyxbunny wrote: »
    I installed seasons just because I heard it made gardening a lot more fun, proper job, and my gardening sim had worked very hard to create quite a few plants and shrubs in the perfect state.… But when I loaded it for the first time, half of my fruit looked like it was sitting on the ground! I think it’s actually invisible shrubs like KatzMeow’s above (it just looked like the few fruits remaining were on the grass, and there were little mounds in the dirt like that too). I panicked, quit w/o saving, and put the code into origin to load without seasons. Sure enough - the plants are fine!! .....but I just paid for that seasons pack and I’d like to use it!!

Did anyone find a fix??? If I sacrifice those plants and start over, will I at least see my new shrubs (even if it’s not their fruiting season)? And is there ANY way I could avoid that besides simply living with invisible plants? Thanks everyone!

If you pick up the fruit and they are listed in your inventory as "perfect" then just plant them again. The new plants will still be "perfect". They just won't grow 8 per plant any longer.
    It’s not just my dragon fruit, though. From first glance it looked like all of the dragonfruit, grapes, blackberries (at least) - they’re ALL invisible! That sim is SO rich that I rarely even bother to harvest the garden anymore - I just keep tending and improving it... so in short - invisible plants are not okay!! 😓 I’d rather rip them out and start over because my fun is in seeing my plants grow... and I’d also planned on doing a challenge that would require full income from gardening (but that would be a new garden/family/house).

I just REALLY don’t want to sacrifice a ton of my harvests if they’re gonna grow back invisible again (but I can’t leave them like that!). There are tons of threads about plants acting in similar, yet slightly different ways, also after installing seasons - dating back from its release to today (including new plants turning invisible after the baby sprout stage). It’s hard to know if anything’s been fixed and what to expect at this point. But I was super excited about being a real botanist and using several other features. Instead I paid for a pack I *immediatley* had to disable.
    Thank you for responding, btw!!!
    katyxbunny wrote: »
    It’s not just my dragon fruit, though. From first glance it looked like all of the dragonfruit, grapes, blackberries (at least) - they’re ALL invisible! That sim is SO rich that I rarely even bother to harvest the garden anymore - I just keep tending and improving it... so in short - invisible plants are not okay!! 😓 I’d rather rip them out and start over because my fun is in seeing my plants grow... and I’d also planned on doing a challenge that would require full income from gardening (but that would be a new garden/family/house).

I just REALLY don’t want to sacrifice a ton of my harvests if they’re gonna grow back invisible again (but I can’t leave them like that!). There are tons of threads about plants acting in similar, yet slightly different ways, also after installing seasons - dating back from its release to today (including new plants turning invisible after the baby sprout stage). It’s hard to know if anything’s been fixed and what to expect at this point. But I was super excited about being a real botanist and using several other features. Instead I paid for a pack I *immediatley* had to disable.

If you re-plant them, are the new ones invisible also? If so, sounds like a corruption, mod conflict, or outdated mod.