Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Picture Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What happens if you control a Sim who is infected? Do they just have a funny walk or is there something else significant?

When they become "infected" they get a possessed trait. When they are in it, you have 0 control over them and it is hilarious!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you actually do have a bit of control over the sims when they're possessed. you can have them interact with harvestable plants or other sims, but that's really about it (they've got different conversation options for talking to regular sims (who don't understand them and get creeped out) and other possessed sims, which is great) and as for the plants...they can 'talk to plants' even with zero gardening skill and have the option to 'liberate' harvestable plants growing on-lot. however, that just deletes the plant when used, so i don't suggest it

they've got more interactions they do on their own, though. walking or running places with the action 'wander' (and the head-flopping running animation is both creepy and hilarious), they'll 'stare blankly' at things like fridges or beds...things sims use every day... and will go get water on their own, too

as for the possession itself, every infected sim gets possessed at 1 am gametime, which i found interesting. it lasts 3 hours and their needs are all maxed out, which is nice. they also get possessed for 3 hours each time they eat a bizarre fruit, which can be handy for some things (like low needs when it's nowhere near 1 am. or talking to the 'big bad'). i actually like having an assortment of infected sims in my game, though i really should start playing through the story with all the sims i want to finish it before i get too many i want to stay infected, since it can be a pain to reinfect everyone each time the story is completed
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you actually do have a bit of control over the sims when they're possessed. you can have them interact with harvestable plants or other sims, but that's really about it (they've got different conversation options for talking to regular sims (who don't understand them and get creeped out) and other possessed sims, which is great) and as for the plants...they can 'talk to plants' even with zero gardening skill and have the option to 'liberate' harvestable plants growing on-lot. however, that just deletes the plant when used, so i don't suggest it

they've got more interactions they do on their own, though. walking or running places with the action 'wander' (and the head-flopping running animation is both creepy and hilarious), they'll 'stare blankly' at things like fridges or beds...things sims use every day... and will go get water on their own, too

as for the possession itself, every infected sim gets possessed at 1 am gametime, which i found interesting. it lasts 3 hours and their needs are all maxed out, which is nice. they also get possessed for 3 hours each time they eat a bizarre fruit, which can be handy for some things (like low needs when it's nowhere near 1 am. or talking to the 'big bad'). i actually like having an assortment of infected sims in my game, though i really should start playing through the story with all the sims i want to finish it before i get too many i want to stay infected, since it can be a pain to reinfect everyone each time the story is completed

Well yeah, they have different options, but while possessed, you really have no control over them. And to me, that is fun AND hilarious. That they can talk to the bizarre plant is fun, but I like just watching them do "them". lol
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @elanorbreton It's a guy, but he's a randomly generated townie. The generator was not kind when it clothed him, but hey, he's wearing clothes at least! ROFL.

I haven't played as an infected sim yet, it sounds like that is right up my alley, though, so I should try that with my next generation of sims in StrangerVille.

Here's a simple shot of Sky chilling in her trailer and a picture of Sky's celebrity sister who had a little too much juice at the military bar when she came to visit Sky. lol
    tumblr_pnxbw8j3CU1vorh5do1_540.png

tumblr_pnxc4uSFfW1vorh5do1_540.png

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, i agree on the fun and hilarious with mostly being able to watch them doing the possessed stuff, but figured i'd let people know there were tiny bits of control to them (...and maybe should start that thread about what they can and can't do)

my absolute favorite thing with any of the infected i was playing, though, was right after i re-infected ted roswell after finishing the story for the first time. i had him start up a conversation with his wife while possessed and used all five of the interactions he got. then i swapped over to her to see what they showed up as for her. on his end, they were things like 'talk about plants' and 'praise the mother' but on her end everything was 'listen to incoherent babbling'. which made me laugh entirely too much
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It’s really such a beautiful neighborhood. Your Sims have a really cute home, did you build it?

Sorry, I missed your question before. I downloaded the trailer, it's called 'Trailer Trash Ranch' and is by ashleylassiter9
    Round Two. I hope I don't have to "retreat" this time!

dVWoxCn.png
    They did it!

EpoFFHU.png

Respect, little brother.....

LPiBsfg.png

And back at home, nothing but cheers all round.

wAVB4Qb.png

d9IweQT.png

uizy97O.png

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It’s really such a beautiful neighborhood. Your Sims have a really cute home, did you build it?

Sorry, I missed your question before. I downloaded the trailer, it's called 'Trailer Trash Ranch' and is by ashleylassiter9

Thank you! :)

Sky joined the military career. That military march option is rather comical to watch. I wonder if I can have an entire club march... that would be kind of cool to have a personal platoon. LOL I'll have to test that later.
    tumblr_pnxc7cad7t1vorh5do1_1280.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I took some of my StrangerVille sims out to a diner in Oasis Springs. I noticed a few of my Strangerville played households were there. At one am the crazy came out. It was funny to me..
    DBxFnjh.jpg
    I also gotta say I love the Strangerville tunes. I'm listening to it thinking its a cross between some soft psychobilly and the munsters soundtrack. Makes me feel like my sims are in a Quentin Tarantino movie.
    h8reVbr.jpg
    This is my Circe and Loki Beaker.. acting like they bad... oh wait they are bad >:)
    egTcBMc.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @Hermitgirl It would be fun if Sims reacted to the fact that zombies entered the restaurant...

@Ceres_Meiriona Yes, I want to test a bunch of military marching together. I have roommates that are both in the military. Might try it today! And I love your bunker!

@fullspiral Poor plant. ;) I can't get myself to kill it... I'm expanding my story forever and ever to not to do it. :P Yes, I can revive her after but... but... lol. And that bunch of dudes not wearing anything to go in the combat, hehe. Looks quite careless. Meh, just a plant. We don't need a suit or anything!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    I made a vault gym... to train! Tried to add some Fallouty vibe to it.

M1gNtMo.png

Plumbob is perfectly aligned with the picture behind. And I wouldn't trust the alcohol in the barrels. ;P

nJu4KIB.png

That townie celebrity looks pretty. She has a tribal vibe with the chains in her hair! My punk dude likes her very much. She rocks at the training bot too! (acrobatics and all, better than my own militaries).

2W7KT8F.png

They had a date. He's quite happy, but she isn't impressed... "Don't call me ever again."

1WIi8BB.png

Random conspiracy theorist townie investigating the plant...

RgRfHpf.png

Sometimes, in the military, you have to get dirty...

u5wTKpK.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    After my Sim cured her, she and that premade Leslie became best friends. MCCC married Leslie to one of the military guys, and gave them a Son and a Daughter. Now my Sim’s Son Seth is dating her daughter Lacie. I think Lacie turned out rather pretty, Leslie seems to have good genetics.
    GHRvuZ8.jpg
    l6XZ5r0.jpg
    edited March 2019
    @ceres_meiriona Tried the marching together option. Doesn't seem to have one. Too bad. Missed opportunity?
    @Hermitgirl Love the strangeness that sim brings to an otherwise "normal" location rofl!

@Hejix Well drat! I would have enjoyed a forced march into the desert. ;) lol Awesome screenshots! I wouldn't trust the alcohol in those barrels, either. ROFL!!!

@Kita5399 Gorgeous location for a lovely sim!
    Playing with the possessed recently..
    You can lead them in a group dance (if one sim isn't possessed).
    p9gfTHF.jpg
    egTcBMc.png
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    p9gfTHF.jpg

Now that picture will give me nightmares 😲
    The sim in the middle looks like Dr Evil
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
    Yes he is Dr Evil @aktex :). I need a better underground lair though...
    egTcBMc.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    p9gfTHF.jpg

Now that picture will give me nightmares 😲
    The sim in the middle looks like Dr Evil

That is a truly awesome image :D but I can't 'awesome' it as the forum is playing up and telling me I don't have permission to do anything...
    @loubyloulou Yes, there is a problem with the awesome buttons and likes for now on my ipad. But I managed to give one on my desktop. Weird...

@Hermitgirl Amazing picture! It's fun to have possessed sims do "normal" stuff. ;P

I always admire sims' open minds. A scientist, a conspiracy theorist... and an alien, all in the same information center. Nothing weird or wrong with that. Go sims.

BEIyuIF.png
    edited March 2019
    Yes he is Dr Evil @aktex :). I need a better underground lair though...

Cool, I also have a Dr Evil sim living in my saves as well as Austin Powers

tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
    Roads need to be repaired in Strangerville! All these military trucks are breaking them down! If they have budget for these, they have budgets for those too!

1FiThGG.png
    @Hermitgirl I love your Dr. Evil sim! He's marvelous!!!

My sim's rocket crash landed in her trailer park. >.<
    tumblr_poft4gQNIV1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_poft8wx5tj1vorh5do4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_poft8wx5tj1vorh5do3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_poft8wx5tj1vorh5do7_1280.jpg
    SHE LIVED!!!

edited March 2019
    My vampire sim got infected while beeing in her dark form. That scared the plum out of me :D

oxv5201kj5mi31o7g.jpg

154op4p4jkx37nw7g.jpg

l7isrwl0d2adxro7g.jpg

Post edited by aktex on
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg