Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Stuff Packs are gonna jave a coneback this 2019?

2...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think There will be Stuff Packs this year.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I miss stuff packs. I'd love to have them come back as soon as April. I'd rather not wait till June or later for content of any kind.

I think the Next Expansion is coming out in June.

I hope too. I can aleeady smell another dry months of April and May

Yeah, but I think we are getting an update in April.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I don't care much about them
    I miss stuff packs. I'd love to have them come back as soon as April. I'd rather not wait till June or later for content of any kind.

I hope too. I can already smell another dry months of April and May

probably april fools joke

I hope too. I can already smell another dry months of April and May

probably april fools joke
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I hope they don't come back, stuffpacks are bogus
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think we will still get stuff packs... maybe not in the plural this year but I'll bet we get at least one. I like them for niche stuff and now that the game is more filled out I hope that's the focus for them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    It's not that I don't care about stuff packs bcuz I think they're a nice addition to the game. But if we aren't going to get them anymore then that's ok. I just hope that they will add it in expansions.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes because I need Wedding Stuff.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I normally hate the concept of Stuff Packs, but I think a Wedding Stuff pack is a great idea. I don't see it fitting into any other pack, and there's enough stuff (cakes, decorations, clothes, arches, buffet tables, etc.) that it could make for a good, diverse pack.

I still think SPs are way overpriced, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It was said that they were still possible, but as for if they'll do another one soon, who knows...

We need a Pool Stuffpack.

And a teen Stuffpack!
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think they will probably make a comeback but I HOPE THEY NEVER DO.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Yea I would probably love this. As I recall correctly, Generations is the only pack that added wedding related content post base game launch in the franchise. We never get any wedding related stuff since then, and would be saddenibg if we never got one in this iterations. If they ever do this pack, who knows, planning a wedding actually feels like planning and that would be awesome.

Yea I would probably love this. As I recall correctly, Generations is the only pack that added wedding related content post base game launch in the franchise. We never get any wedding related stuff since then, and would be saddenibg if we never got one in this iterations. If they ever do this pack, who knows, planning a wedding actually feels like planning and that would be awesome.

Celebration! Stuff Pack for TS2 also added more Wedding stuff to the game
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thinkThey won't make any Stuff Packs anymore
    I think there won't be anymore, because Graham Nardone was moved to EPs, and they never said they put someone else over stuff packs to be the producer of those. So, until they say there is someone else over stuff packs to produce them, I have to say no.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    They needed to calm the controversy about MFPS.

I agree -- I think there were a lot of requests for more cat/dog content so they figured they could combine those requests with the desire for small pets. If the pack hadn't contained the C&D content I think it would have been far less controverial. There's currently a pretty nasty bug involving the pet cages from the pack, but otherwise it's a cute pack -- if you have Parenthood taking care of the animals is a fun way to build Responsibility, and even if you don't children can study the rodent and that counts as the daily homework; sometimes it gets boring watching them just working in a workbook all the time. I'd like to see more types of active homework like that.

The controversy surrounding MFP plus the gearing up of EP production may have put SPs on the back burner for a bit, along with possibly just not having any good themes. I do think we'll see a couple of SPs this year and at least one more GP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I hope too. I can aleeady smell another dry months of April and May

I think April/May will be mainly bug fixes -- which will be welcome for me and a lot of other players.They're going to want to give Legacy Edition players as clean a release as possible. Maybe even some tweaks to existing game mechanics -- I'd really like to see "work from home" options added to some of the base game careers.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think we will still get stuff packs... maybe not in the plural this year but I'll bet we get at least one. I like them for niche stuff and now that the game is more filled out I hope that's the focus for them.

For those (like me) who don't want to hop down the CC rabbit hole until the game is complete (meaning no more patches that can break CC -- keeping up with mods is enough), SPs provide a way to add content, especially CASsets. I'd love to see another community SP project.

The pre-SP patch could include improvements to weddings such as the ability to let the player select the wedding outfits; after choosing the bride and groom you'd go to CAS and get to set what they're going to wear instead of having them spin into a default outfit. Maybe your Sims are more the hippie type so they wear jeans and are barefoot, or if we get a beach world the couple might wear swimsuits. Or red is a traditional color for Asian weddings so a player might want a red dress instead of white. A same-sex couple might wear matching tuxes or dresses. Then the pack could add some veils under the Hats category that you can put on your brides (or grooms!) and some additional wedding decor. Would be a good opportunity to re-introduce slow dancing as well, either in the pack itself or preferably in the pre-pack patch.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I hope they make a comeback, I miss them. I want a teen pack, an elder pack, and I am hoping they will make babies not be an objects and give us a pack for babies after they do that. I also want to see a pool pack.
    I would also like to see some stuff packs for different hobbies. I love the extra clothes and hair we get in them and the themes.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I thinkThey won't make any Stuff Packs anymore
    I think they are pretty much done with stuff packs. They might toss one or two out before the end of the game, but I think they will focus more on expansions for the remainder of the game.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I normally hate the concept of Stuff Packs, but I think a Wedding Stuff pack is a great idea. I don't see it fitting into any other pack, and there's enough stuff (cakes, decorations, clothes, arches, buffet tables, etc.) that it could make for a good, diverse pack.

I still think SPs are way overpriced, though.

That and like you said it can have the decor and etc. All for a stuff pack and gowns, veils, different tuxedos or suits for male Sims also double ring as in engagement and wedding on one finger as an option it always bothered me that they never did that.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    Studf Packs in the game are always contreversial because of how niche they are(well perhaps not always contreversial, but I hope you get what I mean), and how unnecesary they felt as there are too many. However as always in this franchise, not all people are the same, some people like them and some don't. However its been a year(or almost) since the last SP got released. What do you think?

I hope they have given them up, I own 14 of them and forever bored with each one :#
    Mods to better stuff packs for me <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I choose this because I'm sort of meh on it. I don't mind stuff packs but I would just prefer more Game packs and Expansion packs at this stage in TS4
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    I choose this because I'm sort of meh on it. I don't mind stuff packs but I would just prefer more Game packs and Expansion packs at this stage in TS4

2 GP and 2 EP Per year would have been cool.