Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seaons and Plant life

It is really bothering me that it is spring in my sim world and all the plants still have that dull winter tint to them. Are there any mods where you can tweak these features? I don't mind my plants being dead in winter, but when it has been spring for more than a week, plants should look alive and green.

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    could it be due to the temperature? because sometimes my snow stays for ages from winter to spring and that's because it's still kinda chilly outside
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    What are your season lengths set to? There are subtle transition processes that everything goes through at beginning of the season just as it is in real life.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Those plants are in season in Spring, right? Uhm, if there is anything overground they probably are, but we have so many different plant types, I'd double check their season anyway :) They will not turn green outside season.

I noticed some in season plants looking very grey and dead, but I think that was because I play rotationally, and most plants might need you to play that lot for a minimum hours for them to "wake up".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've noticed the plants don't switch their looks quickly, it's a gradual thing. Which I both like because very realistic, and dislike because I want them to be pretty and green. By mid spring they should be fine. Longer seasons take longer for them to turn spring looking.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it really depends on the length of your seasons and yeah, it's not an instant transition which would look weird (but we're used to from other games). with seasons set to long duration, it takes at least a week for the plants to fully change to the new season's style, designed on purpose because we don't see trees instantly fully covered in new leaves on the first day of spring in the real world
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I understand. I'm so happy they actually gave the detail to non-tree plants to change with the seasons. They completely failed to do so in The Sims 3, and that will bother me forever unless someone can mod it.

I'm not so bothered with the plants staying brown into the beginning of Spring. I actually find it more awkward the way that EA has programmed them to grow their flowers back while they are brown instead of turning green and then growing their flowers back. In the end, that's a minor complaint to me compared to The Sims 3 Seasons not bothering with this at all, but it is a little annoying.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Some plants take longer to recover back to their normal fully sprouted state, often times plants won’t turn from “winter dead” to alive until closer to the end of spring, at least in my experience. I mean it makes sense, that’s what spring is like IRL, dead plants growing back.