Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the sims 4 will never be as good as The Sims 2

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    violaineT wrote: »
    It would be a big spoiler to describe all the specific interaction you have more in the Sims 2, just go play it!

The Sims 2 isn't a mmo or rpg, so no need for spoilers. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sims 2 was a huge step forward for the sims, it introduced 3D! it felt amazing on release day and it definitely had the most depth into it, but for me sims 4 is the best right now, although it is not a finished game, once it is, the sims 4 will be amazing, and people say the sims 4 is a failure which btw is not true at all, if you look on the gallery it says how many players are currently logged onto the game, when the game is on sale it reaches past 100,000 players where as sims 2 & 3 probably has 30,000 combined. as much as i love the sims 2 and 3, they are incredibly dated and the closest to sims 2 for me is sims 4, thats why i love it so much!
    i miss alot of the features in the sims 2 though, the babies were so adorable, and the baby changing tables, sims 4 is dull with children, thats my only problem with the game.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    TS4 focuses too much on young adults and adults so as someone who likes family gameplay it's really boring. TS2 has thing to do for all age ranges.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Because of no consequences & no complex sims & no personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

Its Ironic isn't it? That they made the emotions system to give the sims more personality and they have so much less with their emotion system in place than they did with the Sims 2 systems?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've recently starting playing Sims 2 on my Mac, and I see the pros and cons of each.

The most stark difference to me so far is how difficult life can be in Sims 2. They lose their jobs way easier, and don't even get me started on how much of a struggle it is for my vampires to have a steady income and not die on the way to work or have their needs so low they lose their job. (I'm getting the hang of it, and they're doing better now, but it took a few deaths and changes of careers to figure it out.)

Romance is way harder. I had to give up on ever making one relationship work, because the guy hated my Sim no matter what, even with love potions at work. He also constantly walked away every time I tried to start a conversation. >.<

I must be a bad decorator, because the environment need bar is at best half full when the place is totally clean. And the aspiration bar tends to hover around the mid point as well. (As opposed to Sims 4 where they can accumulate satisfaction but there aren't any negative consequences if they don't.)

I like the Sims 4 range of emotions, though I was also pleasantly surprised by the great expressions in Sims 2. I disagree the Sims 4 has less personality, though.

The Sims 4 is more laid back and relatively easy to just cruise by if that's what you want to do. It's more a sandbox game than Sims 2. So I feel like I can play out the stories in my head easier in Sims 4. But if I want a more accurate-to-life game, Sims 2 is better.

So I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I enjoy both for different reasons. (Though I do feel more comfortable in Sims 4 just from the familiarity I've gotten from the much longer time play. I imagine if I put the same number of hours into Sims 2, I'll feel equally comfortable with both.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've recently starting playing Sims 2 on my Mac, and I see the pros and cons of each.

The most stark difference to me so far is how difficult life can be in Sims 2. They lose their jobs way easier, and don't even get me started on how much of a struggle it is for my vampires to have a steady income and not die on the way to work or have their needs so low they lose their job. (I'm getting the hang of it, and they're doing better now, but it took a few deaths and changes of careers to figure it out.)

Romance is way harder. I had to give up on ever making one relationship work, because the guy hated my Sim no matter what, even with love potions at work. He also constantly walked away every time I tried to start a conversation. >.<

I must be a bad decorator, because the environment need bar is at best half full when the place is totally clean. And the aspiration bar tends to hover around the mid point as well. (As opposed to Sims 4 where they can accumulate satisfaction but there aren't any negative consequences if they don't.)

I like the Sims 4 range of emotions, though I was also pleasantly surprised by the great expressions in Sims 2. I disagree the Sims 4 has less personality, though.

The Sims 4 is more laid back and relatively easy to just cruise by if that's what you want to do. It's more a sandbox game than Sims 2. So I feel like I can play out the stories in my head easier in Sims 4. But if I want a more accurate-to-life game, Sims 2 is better.

So I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I enjoy both for different reasons. (Though I do feel more comfortable in Sims 4 just from the familiarity I've gotten from the much longer time play. I imagine if I put the same number of hours into Sims 2, I'll feel equally comfortable with both.)

Hi :)

Make sure you're not using the Bamboo wood flooring. That one is messed up and will lower your room score.
    If you want to use it, download The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus and make a copy of that flooring. Iirc, that will make it work right. :)

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_2:Official_Site_Archive
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

Its Ironic isn't it? That they made the emotions system to give the sims more personality and they have so much less with their emotion system in place than they did with the Sims 2 systems?

This is not ironic it's the truth, why would have I done a thread about it? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17012630#Comment_17012630
    This is my main problem with TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    Something can be both true and ironic. :)

@Rflong7 Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check next time I play, but that might very well be the issue.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    Yes.... a hamster pack..... which i heard is a dlc in a dlc. You should buy the cat and dog dlc to have a pet hamster if i heard correctly. Theres reasons why i dont play sims4...this is one of the many reasons.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Depper12 wrote: »
    i think if they combined sims 2 sims 3 and sims 4 it would be the ultimate sims game

Yay! Sims2 gameplay + Sims3 open world + Sims4 graphic, I can't wait to buy this in future!
    4kTG3iX.png