Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about Strangerville so far?

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited March 2019
    Satisfied
    The story is more like a gimmick to me, but I do like it. Played it 3 times so far in 3 different saves. I bought the pack for the new world - I like worlds with mild/hot weather - and the CAS items. The hairstyles are amazing, the jewellery is detailed and beautiful and most of the clothing items are very well done. (The waterfall jacket is one of my all-time favourite CAS items in TS4.) And there is some good stuff in BB, but I do wish they would have added the plants to the catalogue, it was an odd choice not to do so. I also wish they would have done more with the trailer park, like at least add one more small lot to it. I do not regret getting the pack at full price, but anyone who doesn't like the idea of a story at all, may want to wait for a sale.
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Satisfied
    Definitely been enjoying this pack. Made my main character for this story a cross between Fox Mulder & David Duchovney's character from Twin Peaks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPALneB_k4
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited March 2019
    In between
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I'm glad "they" seem to be finally attempting somewhat to make more interesting content, although it still looks really truncated and empty'ish. But it's kind of too little, too late for me to get interested in this iteration of the franchise. I might try it if it ever hits 75% off... but then I'd be just as happy to wait until another Sims iteration comes along that I'd actually be excited to purchase and play. If that ever happens again.

I would never recommend ts4 to anybody. Not while ts3 is still available.

And I would never recommend The Sims 3 to anybody after having played it. Tons of bugs that never was repaired, and the biggest disappointment of them all: The mermaids on Paradise Island. I still have most of the packs, but all in all, I also think it was the most expensive version of The Sims.
  • Options
    Arcanine4PresidentArcanine4President Posts: 31 Member
    In between
    I haven't completed the story yet, but I know what happens (thanks to the youtubers who post the spoilers in their thumbnails). I just love living in the town, normally in a bunker with a family. It allows me to roleplay Apocalypse scenarios, and just have fun.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Other
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I'm glad "they" seem to be finally attempting somewhat to make more interesting content, although it still looks really truncated and empty'ish. But it's kind of too little, too late for me to get interested in this iteration of the franchise. I might try it if it ever hits 75% off... but then I'd be just as happy to wait until another Sims iteration comes along that I'd actually be excited to purchase and play. If that ever happens again.

I would never recommend ts4 to anybody. Not while ts3 is still available.

And I would never recommend The Sims 3 to anybody after having played it. Tons of bugs that never was repaired, and the biggest disappointment of them all: The mermaids on Paradise Island. I still have most of the packs, but all in all, I also think it was the most expensive version of The Sims.

I didn't realize it was a competition, but mmmkay. It is tragic that the bugs in ts3 and ts4 have been left to languish in so much of the content and were never/will never be addressed.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2019
    Satisfied
    I love this pack. I do hope to see more story type packs. I do also hope they add a turn story off toggle in-game options for those that want the pack for other reasons.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Satisfied
    I really like it. At first I was skeptical but now that I am immersed in the gameplay, I am surprised at how adaptable the game is to interpretation. I am currently working on infecting all the worlds. My main investigator left some fruit on counters in other worlds and now people are running around like nuts everywhere. She is able at this point to create a vaccine for the virus so I will see if she can clean up this mess she started otherwise I am screwed as she is planting fruit everywhere.
  • Options
    OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    In between
    Following a story isn't for me but I always like having more CAS and build mode options
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    In between
    Great pack concept, however having some objects (like the new desert plants) not being available in build mode puts my vote at "in between".
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Satisfied
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Definitely been enjoying this pack. Made my main character for this story a cross between Fox Mulder & David Duchovney's character from Twin Peaks...

I don't recall them being in Twin Peaks. Just the X-files. But as for Strangerville - I love it. Love to see more of this kind of pack in the future to. I am enjoying my Sims living in this town too long after the mystery is solved. I love the way this town looks especially how real it looks compared to many of the other towns.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    In between
    The new neighborhood, build items, and the military career are the saving graces that make this pack worth buying.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Satisfied
    Interesting story game, I like the chance of going back home and town to talk about the lab and make friends. Being able to ask other sims questions and finding spore, testing to gain equipment. At the moment my sim found the correct process to correct infected sims.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2019
    Satisfied
    So, so awesome. I've had a ton of fun with it, and what it's done for my sim Randy is solidify his role in my simWorld.

He will be played out with kind of an "IT"/"Stand By Me" Stephen King kind of character who is the one to stay in the town. The one who remembers that summer of his 17th year and it's big town secret. Who knows? As he ages, he will never, ever, forget that summer, and in his elder years, there may be a reckoning.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Satisfied
    I'm satisfied, I finished the missions and was happy that I did(I don't think I'd ever have the desire to do it all over) I am maxed in the career from the pack and enjoy that. I know I got my moneys worth ♥
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    In between
    I like it, but I wish they had put in several more vacant empty lots. I guess we could bulldoze existing lots. I really wish we could add them to existing worlds.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    In between
    I cheated the story away, because I had no interest in playing it. Instead, I have been rebuilding the world and I do like how it looks, even if it's quite small. I suppose I am mildly disappointed in the content and size of it all, but not quite as much as with Get Famous.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    In between
    Love the world, some of the CAS is great, LOVE the little bit industrial build stuff. Love that they added the Military career finally.
    Once you finish the mystery, there really isn't anything to carry over. Even the few premium items are useless.

If they did this again, they would need to take a different approach. They need to center the play around the world and objects themselves that could be used in other worlds. Add the mystery as a side feature that could be ignored for the most part if you didn't want to participate.
    I was thinking something along the lines of a France/Italy inspired world that could introduce nectar-making and bread-baking. Add some art activities like glass blowing/ jewelry and pottery. Have a side adventure like a murder mystery or someone stole a painting. Have locals talk about it to engage your Sim, but not be the main focus and be disruptive.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Other
    Didn't buy it waste of money.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Satisfied
    It was a lot of fun solving the mystery , many play hours for me.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    In between
    I like the neighborhood even though it is desert oriented which I am not really into but I will make this exception as most Sci fi start in the desert anyway. :) However as far as full price goes it is what one is willing to pay and for me it is not worth me paying $19.99 (I paid $4.99 :) ) and that is looking at the way EA/Maxis is pushing it not that the mystery is not fun but it is not as replayable for me no matter even if I use another Sim to solve it and that matters for me as it is the theme that is being used to sell the game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm really loving it! I can play it as just a normal neighborhood, or I can work on the Strangerville mystery. I'm kind of doing both. I'll work on the mystery for a while, then my Sims will celebrate a holiday or take their pet to the dog park. I hope there are more packs like this one!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In between
    In between. The good: CAS & B/B items, basic idea of rescuing the village, visually appealing, the military career is back, story kinda fun to work through - and it definitely took more than a couple of hours.

The not so good: story too linear & shallow, internal contradictions to story (for example - several sims referred to an explosion, but there was no sign of one anywhere, lab structure, etc), the agent sims had much less presence than the ads suggested & they have yet to show up in black (I've got 4 separate games going on this to experiment with methodology) & the guy has yet to appear in male clothing of any kind, conspiracy theorists should have a larger role, too few empty lots and those we do have are too small - at least one of those up above should be 30x30 at a minimum, too much of the town is only decorative, not enough community lots (having lived in military towns I know first hand that the locals provide many outlets for entertaining the troops and separating them from their money.), an overall feeling of the pack having been rushed and not fully thought through, let alone fully implemented.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Satisfied
    Torn between satisfied and other, the other being that it's one of my favorite packs ever. I am just so so so happy with this one
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    In between
    From today's patch notes: The following environment objects, which were created for StrangerVille, have been added to the Build Mode debug catalog to allow placement on lots. Players must enter the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat before they can be seen in the catalog.

10 different cacti
    3 different Joshua trees
    3 different RVs
    2 clusters of rocks
    2 junked cars
    A group of desert flowers
    A military truck
    A tire
    A parking stop

Thank you for adding these Sims team! :)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dissatisfied
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Did you use cheats to combine them? ;)

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek