Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we get the Supernatural?

2...Next

Comments

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Pandoop wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of Occults in TS4, I'm love what they did with vampires and wish they would add other Occults as well. For now we have Vampires and Strangerville

Ans since Strangervile doesn't count as occult we only have Vampires now....
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Aliens and Ghosts are Occults too.
    Plant Sims, Skeletons and the Scarecrow are what I call Half-Occults.
    And while Strangerville doesn't add any Occult, the possessed Sims might count as a Half-Occult, if we are generous.
    But with conspiracy theories and the mystery, it isn't "Realistic" either.
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    And while Strangerville doesn't add any Occult, the possessed Sims might count as a Half-Occult, if we are generous.

The point is, Strangervile is almost nothing next to what most occult fans wanted. So pumping yet another stream of realistic packs for months just because "We gave you Strangervile" is a lame excuse.

Right now the best strategy for EAxis is to make a University EP. Make a fantasy pack occult fans ACTUALLY WANT after that and then give us another vacation world, hopefully a tropical one which brings ocean swimming back.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Okay but... that's not even close to what we asked for. We shouldn't have to settle and let the realism players get everything they want.

It's time that the occult players get what we've been asking for for four years.

The point is, Strangervile is almost nothing next to what most occult fans wanted. So pumping yet another stream of realistic packs for months just because "We gave you Strangervile" is a lame excuse.

Right now the best strategy for EAxis is to make a University EP. Make a fantasy pack occult fans ACTUALLY WANT after that and then give us another vacation world, hopefully a tropical one which brings ocean swimming back.

Okay but... that's not even close to what we asked for. We shouldn't have to settle and let the realism players get everything they want.

It's time that the occult players get what we've been asking for for four years.

I 100% agree with both of you.
    Will it happen? Possible, but I don't know how likely it is. When Get Together was announced, they said that Occults "Don't fit the playstyle they have in mind for the game."
    Occult players hated that. When Vampires came out, that sentence was forgotten.

I suspect, they released Vampires with the thought of. "Finally those Occult players are satisfied. Now back to making stuff we actually want in our game. How's seasons going on?"
    The twitter Poll in summer made me hope for Witches later this year, and I'm not giving up on that hope.
    After Witches, they'll either be done with Occults for the Sims 4 alltogether, or they add Mermaids as a part of a bigger Pack that has beaches and beach activities.
    If they do werewolves at all, they'll most probably be some playable half-occult that comes as part of a pack where it makes sense to add a lunar cycle.
    Farming pack perhaps, since some plants and animals are affected by the moon?
    I don't expect more than one additional full Occult to be released for Sims 4. And I don't expect any for Sims 5.

Will it happen? Possible, but I don't know how likely it is. When Get Together was announced, they said that Occults "Don't fit the playstyle they have in mind for the game."

I suspect, they released Vampires with the thought of. "Finally those Occult players are satisfied. Now back to making stuff we actually want in our game. How's seasons going on?"
    The twitter Poll in summer made me hope for Witches later this year, and I'm not giving up on that hope.
    After Witches, they'll either be done with Occults for the Sims 4 alltogether, or they add Mermaids as a part of a bigger Pack that has beaches and beach activities.
    If they do werewolves at all, they'll most probably be some playable half-occult that comes as part of a pack where it makes sense to add a lunar cycle.
    I don't expect more than one additional full Occult to be released for Sims 4. And I don't expect any for Sims 5.

Well that's pessimistic. For one, werewolves were part of both ts2 and ts3 even if they were half occults in there. It would be very lame to leave sims 4 and jump right on to sims 5 without making those. I want EAxis to give them a powers/weaknesses tree when they make them... even if it doesn't have a lot of options like the vampires one.

And also i still don't agree that EAxis is going to add werewolves in a realistic pack like farming... it's just... think about this. Why would they do this when we don't even have a toggle to turn occults off. Also including occults in a relaistic pack means they will have less resources to spend on everything, making everything more half-baked. Trust me this is a lose-lose situation just like what happened with Get to work.
    It's more or less justifiable to do for mermaids. But werewolves? nah. they are literally among the triad of classic occults a lot of people want to play with together in their game, not a minor occult with less demanding like mummies or imaginary friends.

EAxis if you see this, you better make sure future occults are not half baked like plantsims and skeletons or else bad stuff will happen
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm still in my optimistic bubble over here waiting patiently for werewolves / a supernatural pack. I don't use Twitter and I'm sure there are a lot of players like me who don't? I feel it would be silly to rely solely on that poll to know what players want. I've been pleasantly surprised to see that, after witches, werewolves are very much in demand on the forums, followed then by fairies I believe. Witches, werewolves and fairies are our 'big wigs'. I don't see why they would be half-baked like plantsims given how much thought went into vampires and how popular occults appear to be. Have faith occult simmers! :)

Well that's pessimistic. For one, werewolves were part of both ts2 and ts3 even if they were half occults in there. It would be very lame to leave sims 4 and jump right on to sims 5 without making those. I want EAxis to give them a powers/weaknesses tree when they make them... even if it doesn't have a lot of options like the vampires one.

And also i still don't agree that EAxis is going to add werewolves in a realistic pack like farming... it's just... think about this. Why would they do this when we don't even have a toggle to turn occults off. Also including occults in a relaistic pack means they will have less resources to spend on everything, making everything more half-baked. Trust me this is a lose-lose situation just like what happened with Get to work.
    It's more or less justifiable to do for mermaids. But werewolves? nah. they are literally among the triad of classic occults a lot of people want to play with together in their game, not a minor occult with less demanding like mummies or imaginary friends.

EAxis if you see this, you better make sure future occults are not half baked like plantsims and skeletons or else bad stuff will happen

I'm not saying they have to come in a realistic pack. I'm saying Werewolves are not likely to get a GP for themselves, and a Supernatural EP is quite unlikely, unless it's the next one, even before University, and focusses on Witches, but adds one or two smaller occults with fewer features too.
    And I don't think the Devs are ever including an Occult in an EP again.
    And yes, I'm being pessimistic here. I'm expecting the worst thing that could realistically happen. That way, I'm not disappointed when it turns out to be different, but pleasantly surprised.
    It allowed me to enjoy Strangerville and be excited for it and relieved that it wasn't some garden stuff pack, rather than Angry it wasn't Supernatural EP with 9 Occults that are even more fleshed out than Vampires.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Guys, someone on twitter asked Grant if we will get another pack as good as vampires and he replied that "it's key to remember that some themes will just be way more appealing for each player".
    I don't understand, what do you think it means? Is he trying to say that once again other things will be prioritized?
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Guys, someone on twitter asked Grant if we will get another pack as good as vampires and he replied that "it's key to remember that some themes will just be way more appealing for each player".
    I don't understand, what do you think it means? Is he trying to say that once again other things will be prioritized?

Most likely saying not everyone has the same opinion about each pack and they're trying to be different with each one
    Not like occults are cancelled or something........atleast I hope they aren't seriously gurus please confirm occults are coming
    EMrBkJP.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Occult sims always were my favorite! And I love how they handled vampires. But I want mooore! 😭
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    Before I begin, I trust that most of you are literate so if this doesn't appeal to you, I beg you bounce.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4790590

It's been FIVE WHOOOLE years and we only have one well-made Occult State. (Ghosts and Aliens were a bit of a flop, let's be honest)
    So why can't Fantasy players have their due in abundance? Does anyone else feel like the team may be working on several fleshed out Occult States presently, waiting for a moment to surprise us in 2019? If September bleeds into a dreadful October bereft of the witchery that Halloween welcomes, I think I will mourn.
    tenor.gif?itemid=9420752

> When do you think they will finally shed light on The Supernatural and The Sims 4? They left all Fantasy Fans like
    tenor.gif?itemid=5132563

When I think about the enchanted stories I could be creating with witches, fairies, mermaids, werewolves and genies I just force myself to hold back the tears. Hundreds, if not thousands of us miss ALL OCCULT STATES from The Supernatural. When will they awaken and take their place among The Sims 4 Releases? But anyway, thank you to all my devilish ghouls and mischievous witches for reading my forlorn discourse. Let's keep lighting those candles, stirring the cauldron and keep up with the human sacrifices in hopes we finally get what we deserve.
    tenor.gif?itemid=13524340

*Sticks another pin in the Voodoo Doll. Chants to bring this to fruition...*

So mote it be. >:)
    #Team Occult
    Vampris wrote: »

Most likely saying not everyone has the same opinion about each pack and they're trying to be different with each one
    Not like occults are cancelled or something........atleast I hope they aren't seriously gurus please confirm occults are coming

Thanks for the answer, it gives me hope! 😂
    I'm having a bad feeling though... They will make university first and we will still have to wait months and months... 🙂
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I don't understand why they didn't just do Halloween packs. Every fall come out with a new occult pack
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited March 2019
    Even if they do not release any other occults type for the sims 4, I just hope they will always release vampire for the next iteration of The Sims, in my opinion, vampire is almost always very popular than any other type of supernatural, be it on video games or media
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    I don't understand why they didn't just do Halloween packs. Every fall come out with a new occult pack

Yes! If they did one occult a year, focus both on supernatural and realistic, it would have been awesome... 🤨😤
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is actually a brilliant idea!
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    I've seriously been waiting on this, my entire account was essentially based on wanting to vent my desire for fantasy/occult themed packs that I could use to further flesh out the storyline I'm building up (a spin on Frozen.. only with Elsa freezing and imprisoning Hans before he escapes, joins a vampire cult and returns to brutally take over Arendelle driving Elsa and Anna to flee the castle and take refuge with my good-vampire Veralesca who is training them and who will end up turning Anna at her request)

....I want Elsa to have magic, I would like to be able to build these sorts of storylines in general more than I'm at all interested in a modern time realistic life simulator >.> witches, fairies, elemental magic, sword fighting, werewolves and the like.. I'm thinking of a rather absurd number of things that I could do with this sort of additional content >.>

I'm fine with everyone wanting different things, but honestly I'm just thinking "how many of these aforementioned wanted things have fantasy/occult/supernatural-lovers gotten in anything more thanadab here and there?

One large pack with a lot of content for that crowd, with a great deal of content that covers the things we've been asking for and that (because it's one large pack) people who don't want that sort of thing can skip if they aren't interested in..

Then they could quite easily go back to doing things like university and the like and I could recreate my own cooler version of Twilight, the expanded Frozen story, all sorts of epic medieval fantasy stories and generally just getting my soul wrapped up in building the most complex stories that I can throw my sims into while everyone else is off at University or on a tropical vacation

In the grand scheme of things it really isn't asking for a great deal, it's basically just a "hey, so we actually do care about our /entire/ fanbase, so here is this epic thing you wanted, now we will be going back to realism packs so please support us going forward for our fairness."
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I cannor play these "supernatural" small thinga stuff in the game unless we had many occults, I might try them but wont play them long term(Sorry Patchy).

Imagine playing the game with Aliens, Withes, Genies, and Vampires, Proper Plantsims, alongside playing with Patchy the Scarecrow, Posession of Sims in all worlds not just StrangerVille, Science-Alien Inventions in the Science Career, Skeletons in the Hidden Temple, The Magic Wishing Well in an Hidden Garden, and even war between supernaturals using Clubs. This combination of the Occults that they can include, plus some minor quirky supernatural stuff is a great thing that the players can do. This is why we newd more proper ocults.

They also shouldn't had created Plantsims just for a challenge. Its sad to see what happened to them. I mean are we even going to see them in their unique form with unique hair, clothing, and even reproduction or way of life? For me I doubt it. Plantsims are part if the base game now. They won't overhaul them, because if they will, we should already have seen that happen in the other supernatural in the base game.(The emotion colored Sims)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Hopefully in the next EP or GP released. Fingers crossed for soon, very soon.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SinaMegapolis Yes, vampires, witches and werewolves are the most popular ones, they shoudl have power and weaknesses tree.

@Armilus616 I hope that they still make all of those occults in a supernatural EP, even if it is a smaller one. We need the budget of a EP to be able to have Lunar Cycles/Toggle Options to deactivate which occults we want/don't want.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I would love more occult in the Sims 4.