The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we get witches, what magic would you like to see?

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get an Expansion pack dedicated to magic, spells, potions, rituals, and a variety of Spellcasters so we can play more than just Witches. I'd really like to be able to choose a specialized branch of magic, like Necromancy, Elemental, Flora/Fauna, Divination, Conjuring, etc. so we can choose what type of Spellcaster we want to play for each Sim. For example, I'd like to be able to make a Voodoo Mambo with Necromancy so she can raise the dead, banish ghosts, curse, create Zombie minions and other things. I'd like to be able to play a Druid who can manipulate plants and vines and speed up growth of gardening or ensnare Sims with vines and turn into a fox or a crow. I'd like a Wizard who can use the weather effects to create lightning, or summon fires or blow Sims over with a gust of wind. I'd like an Enchantress who can bedazzle Sims to do her bidding, bless a family with fertility, or change a Sim's emotions. I'd like to see cantrips like making a broom sweep the house, levitating objects, or getting clean with a snap of the fingers. I want a variety of potions that do all kinds of things like transform into toads, create a "dark form" like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, cause death into instant ghost, age a Sim, make a Sim young, and some mystery potions with unexpected effects. It would also be fun to have spells that can go wrong and backfire if the user hasn't advanced enough and learned it properly. I'd like cauldrons, spellbooks, crystal balls, wands, and staves. I'd like to see fortune telling like "throwing the bones", palm reading, and tarot. And I'd like a variety of familiars. I could go on and on...

There is so much potential in a Magic pack, and that's why I would prefer it to be an Expansion...because I really want the most we could possibly get out of it.

I agree, Magic needs to be an Expansion pack, there is so much potential! Besides witches they could also add werewolves and fairies, and if they're truly fleshed out, that would justify it being an expansion pack.

I honestly don't believe we're going to get another 3 occult GPs. That's why we should get witches alongside werewolves and fairies in a Magic Supernatural EP
    a256aFi.gif
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think (and hope) they will go with the ''stereotypical'' witches (pointy hats etc) and the more 'normal/modern' witches like charmed.

I think if they take the vampire system and modify that one, where it let's you pick good/bad/neutral spells will really make the gameplay nice and diverse.

Being able to kinda mix and match the type of witch you want to become will be great. I really liked the good/bad witches thing in Sims 2, so I hope they will bring such thing back.

Evil Sims being able to make Sims sick, put them into negative emotions, curse them etc.
    Good Sims being able to make Sims better, make Sims happy, Give Sims skillboost buffs etc.
    Neutral Spells like weeding every plant on the lot, harvesting everything on the lot, cleaning the house instantly, fixing broken objects etc.

Witches are the only occult I really still want, so if it ends up like this, I think it will be fun.

I think I would rather powers be random but related to the spells you use or ways you practice magic. kinda like quirks in get famous but they just influence some of the powers you get, you can work toward specific ones but not control everything.

Would be cool if it was a low tech pack with a typewriter or working quill and ink and working outdoor and indoor cauldron.

Lastly, I would absolutely love to have the magic jelly bean tree back. that thing was so fun.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    There are a lot of things I want from Witches.
    What I'll list here are examples. There's more. Lot's of more.

Flying brooms. I know, I know, no open world and all that. I don't care. I still want it. Even if it's like the Vampire super speed but tied to a broom object in the inventory. Give me some cheap Quiddich ripoff game to play, if you can't justify adding flying brooms otherwise.
    Some weather spells, for those that own seasons.
    Turning Sims into frogs.
    Curses to make Sims fail at everything they try and feel miserable, turn them sick and spread diseases.
    Poisonous Apples that make Sims pass out for a long time.
    Healing spells and blessings that do the reverse.
    Spells to freeze sims where they are standing or set them on fire.
    Gardening spells.
    House cleaning and repairing spells, as well as spells that break stuff and spawn dirt, garbage and rotten dishes all over the place.
    A functional crystal ball that gives you information like where a specific Sims is right now and allows you to put a spell on a Sim that isn't currently anywhere near you.
    Potion brewing in a cauldron.
    All sorts of potions. Including one that reset your age makes you a young adult at the start of the aging state again, and one that makes you an elder instantly. And many more.
    Stone circles, henges, dolmen, runestones and altars to perform rituals on that, if successful, grant bonuses or are by themselves more powerful spells.
    Rituals being performed by multiple Witches to be more powerful have a higher chance of success and have longer lasting effects.
    Summoning familiar spirits.
    Raising the Dead and command Zombies as your Thralls.
    Relationship altering things like love potions or hate potions. (Or spells)
    Mischievious spells. Little trap spells that sit somewhere until an unsuspecting sim triggers them to go off and have him, like, bathe in slime, turn into a frog for a day or something.
    Teach Witchcraft and Potions to children, teens and adults. Only if they are Witches, that is.
    Witches as an Occult, not just two skills.
    A wide variety of Wands and Staves, but also wandless magic.
    Many cool decor objects.
    New Plants as Potion ingredients. Mandrake, Deadly Nightshade, and so on.
    Pointy Hats, long beards, robes and such as new CAS parts, as well as some modern clothing with some magical symbols here and there.
    Spells that work with Gems and Crystals for a permanent area of effect...

I could go on for so long...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want a Magic EP with a world that has special lots that only magical sims can fully utilize. I'd love an updated remake of Makin' Magic the way Get Famous gave a nod to Superstar.

I want some sims to have an inborn magical ability (CAS or genetics) and others that can learn magic to a point but not to the equal point of magic born sims.

I'd love for the magical world (neighborhood) to have a special sky (the flow of magic through the air) that resembles the Aurora Borealis that can only be seen when playing a magical sim (think S3 Imaginary Friend that could only be seen by the child).

I want children to be included and not skipped over due to "difficulty" with kid animations. They should be able to do simple spells that can fail but improve with practice. How else will we be able to create a magical school for kids? Toddlers might make toys float while dreaming about playing with them while they sleep.

I want vendor stalls for magic ingredients where magical sims can buy most (but not all) required objects or ingredients. Some ingredients will need to be searched for or bartered for with more powerful magical sims or given as gifts (perhaps a grandparent could gift their old wand or cauldron to a grandchild) or grown from seeds purchased at a vendors stall.

I would love pet dragons as familiars. The OP suggested turning sims into animals. I don't see this happening as they would need to create those animals. However, they could be turned into cats or dogs which we already have in game. They could also be turned into statues of various elements like ice, wood, stone, gold, etc.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2019
    • Toadification. Turns the targeted Sim into a Toad for X hours, when they turn back they have a random frog in their inventory.
    • Power Surge. Breaks all electronics on the lot (unless item is Unbreakable).
    • Curse of Burning. Sets targeted Sim on fire. Warms up SIms who are freezing to death.
    • Curse of Freezing. Freezes targeted Sim. Puts out Sims who are on fire.
    • Spectral Servant. Summons a spectral maid to clean the house. Disappears after 8 hours or if the lot is clean.
    • Summon Familiar. Summons a magical cat to be your Sim's companion. Dismissed when your attention leaves the lot. Functions like a cat.
    • Ritual of Reanimation. Target a Ghost Sim, bring that Sim back to life as a Zombie. Don't worry, they worked out the kinks and won't start a zombie apocalypse this time! (Sims 2-style zombie.)
    • Magical Mentor Charm. Grants a Sim a +1 Happy moodlet that causes Sims to learn all skills as if they were being mentored. No substitute for the real thing, though, so they don't stack.
    • Summon Sim. Teleports a targeted Sim to the caster.
    • Curse of Chlorophyll. Causes a Sim to feed themselves to the nearest Cow Plant (if one exists).
    • Handyman Hex. Grants a +1 Focused moodlet to a targeted Sim and causes them to be unable to fail at repairing for 8 hours.
    • Arcane Infusion. Turns the targeted Sim into a Witch.
    • Deep Slumber. Puts targeted Sim to sleep for one hour, and they awaken with a full Energy need.
  • FaustfelixFaustfelix Posts: 2 New Member
    I've always liked the way Elder Scrolls divides magic:

-Illusion (altering the way rooms or objects appear, perhaps unlocking a distinct set of build-mode items, offering an otherwise locked lot trait)
    -Alteration (levitating, changing weather, transforming life state, etc)
    -Destruction (hurting and even killing enemies, clearing the inventory of all non-enchanted items)
    -Conjuration (summoning a familiar, demon, angel, extradimensional being, etc)
    -Restoration (cure illnesses and altering moods, ending vampirism, bringing ghosts back to life)
    -Mysticism (developing extrasensory powers, like telekinesis, clairvoyance, and mind control)
    -Enchanting (creating improved items, like higher-quality foods or appliances that never break, or improving the value or number of uses of crafted items)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I didn't play witches except a time or so in S3. It just wasn't my style and I really don't want them or any other supernaturals past mermaids, expanded Grim, and afterlife type of game.

However, if witches were coming, I hope more is in the pack that makes it worth it for those who don't like that play style. For instance, I did love the potion shop and my sims visited it daily at times. Some like leveling up, I don't. I did however love the best friend, sunlight potion(for vamps), live forever, and love potions. I'm usually not heavily excited by CAS/furniture ect., but on a pack that I don't care for, really versatile CAS, worn items, goth looking stuff, a great hood, and a bunch of potions would make it worth it. With so many asking for it, the idea of a wasted pack and waiting forever for more content is depressing, but if they put in stuff that could be used in the game elsewhere, it would be worth it. Like maybe addition of coconut looking huts, sleeping on rugs or papers, more cat interactions or stuff, sweeping, a magic mirror would be cool, weird pictures that change for walls(like the people to skeleton), gnarly trees, more plants, ect. I understand that many want it, but if they make such a pack, please choose versatile content that can be used when not playing witches.
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I didn't play witches except a time or so in S3. It just wasn't my style and I really don't want them or any other supernaturals past mermaids, expanded Grim, and afterlife type of game.

However, if witches were coming, I hope more is in the pack that makes it worth it for those who don't like that play style. For instance, I did love the potion shop and my sims visited it daily at times. Some like leveling up, I don't. I did however love the best friend, sunlight potion(for vamps), live forever, and love potions. I'm usually not heavily excited by CAS/furniture ect., but on a pack that I don't care for, really versatile CAS, worn items, goth looking stuff, a great hood, and a bunch of potions would make it worth it. With so many asking for it, the idea of a wasted pack and waiting forever for more content is depressing, but if they put in stuff that could be used in the game elsewhere, it would be worth it. Like maybe addition of coconut looking huts, sleeping on rugs or papers, more cat interactions or stuff, sweeping, a magic mirror would be cool, weird pictures that change for walls(like the people to skeleton), gnarly trees, more plants, ect. I understand that many want it, but if they make such a pack, please choose versatile content that can be used when not playing witches.

Isn't that the exact situation we got with Vampires?
    People who didn't want the vampires themselves, but bought the Pack anyway for the furniture, the decor, the new plants, the 5 lots, the hairstyles and so on, and then complained that they can't turn the vampires off.
    Personally, I find that to be silly.
    If you really don't want vampires in your game, you don't buy a Gamepack literally called Vampires.
    If you buy it for the world, the furniture, the CAS, you made the decision that you want those things more than you don't want Vampires.
    They are easy enough to ignore, if you focus on something else, appart from the occasional encounter with Vlad.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »

People who didn't want the vampires themselves, but bought the Pack anyway for the furniture, the decor, the new plants, the 5 lots, the hairstyles and so on, and then complained that they can't turn the vampires off.
    If you really don't want vampires in your game, you don't buy a Gamepack literally called Vampires.
    If you buy it for the world, the furniture, the CAS, you made the decision that you want those things more than you don't want Vampires.
    They are easy enough to ignore, if you focus on something else, appart from the occasional encounter with Vlad.

^^^^^^
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see witches being as invasive as vampires. Vampires are known to break in and suck your blood, but witches usually need to be sought out.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2019
    Freezing time like sims 2, love spells/potions, summoning a spectral maid like sims 2, summoning food, turn into toad, and an actual toad not like the sims 3 toad sims, summon spectral familiar like sims 2. Reanimate as zombies.

Control weather etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I want a Magic EP with a world that has special lots that only magical sims can fully utilize. I'd love an updated remake of Makin' Magic the way Get Famous gave a nod to Superstar.

I want some sims to have an inborn magical ability (CAS or genetics) and others that can learn magic to a point but not to the equal point of magic born sims.

I'd love for the magical world (neighborhood) to have a special sky (the flow of magic through the air) that resembles the Aurora Borealis that can only be seen when playing a magical sim (think S3 Imaginary Friend that could only be seen by the child).

I want children to be included and not skipped over due to "difficulty" with kid animations. They should be able to do simple spells that can fail but improve with practice. How else will we be able to create a magical school for kids? Toddlers might make toys float while dreaming about playing with them while they sleep.

I want vendor stalls for magic ingredients where magical sims can buy most (but not all) required objects or ingredients. Some ingredients will need to be searched for or bartered for with more powerful magical sims or given as gifts (perhaps a grandparent could gift their old wand or cauldron to a grandchild) or grown from seeds purchased at a vendors stall.

I would love pet dragons as familiars. The OP suggested turning sims into animals. I don't see this happening as they would need to create those animals. However, they could be turned into cats or dogs which we already have in game. They could also be turned into statues of various elements like ice, wood, stone, gold, etc.

How about a Junior Wizard Magic Set that can be used by magic and non-magic children. When using it children would build Mental skill, but once they max that out non-magic kids go on to learn Logic while magic kids learn Magic?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't see witches being as invasive as vampires. Vampires are known to break in and suck your blood, but witches usually need to be sought out.

Depends on who you ask.
    Yes, Witches are mostly hidden in all of their stories, but historically, they were hunted because they were believed to cause/ have caused harm, illness, crop failures and so on. One of the pinnacles of the Witchhunts was accompanied by a plague epidemics. Some argue it even caused it, and I think it's reasonable to assume.
    A rat plague causing disease and death, to the point where there are constantly rats, dead and dying people on the streets, would sure be pretty invasive.
    I'm not saying they would do such gameplay, but think how Strangerville has possessed Sims walking around everywhere.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »

This. And when we finally get witches I expect it to be great, something that satisfies us occult players... after all this waiting.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would adore some good old fashioned folk magic style witches.

‘Cast evil eye’ (opportunity for a HILARIOUS animation) which gives the target sim a negative moodlet and bad luck, being able to carve protection wards that keep out other occult types (a ward for ghosts, a ward for vampires, a ward against aliens, etc). Oooh something else like being able to cultivate witchy plants (wormwood! Yarrow! Hemlock! Apothecary’s rose! Lavender! Foxglove! Some creative sims style made up plants!).

Oooh also the ability to cleanse a space with smoke or water or “juice” would be amazing. With smoke they can whip out a herb bundle and walk through the house while it burns (with of COURSE a chance to burn yourself, and a smaller chance of setting yourself or the house on fire), and with water/juice you can have a funny animation of either using a spray bottle or taking a bucket and splashing it around the house. Or for juice specifically, have a bottle you get from the bar to splash around.

And oh man, ability to drive off ghosts styled after that meme/vine. *sim whips out a pot and pan wildly clanging then together in front of the ghosts’ face* translated from simlish- “GET OUT YOU WHISPY PLUMMER”

Look I just need something to recreate my experience of rapidly shoveling crossroad dirt into a plastic bag at a busy intersection while trying to appear like that’s totes what I’m supposed to do, I’m meant to be here, yeah. Or nearly setting the house on fire when burning a rosemary bundle and setting off the fire alarm.
    I would adore some good old fashioned folk magic style witches.

‘Cast evil eye’ (opportunity for a HILARIOUS animation) which gives the target sim a negative moodlet and bad luck, being able to carve protection wards that keep out other occult types (a ward for ghosts, a ward for vampires, a ward against aliens, etc). Oooh something else like being able to cultivate witchy plants (wormwood! Yarrow! Hemlock! Apothecary’s rose! Lavender! Foxglove! Some creative sims style made up plants!).

Oooh also the ability to cleanse a space with smoke or water or “juice” would be amazing. With smoke they can whip out a herb bundle and walk through the house while it burns (with of COURSE a chance to burn yourself, and a smaller chance of setting yourself or the house on fire), and with water/juice you can have a funny animation of either using a spray bottle or taking a bucket and splashing it around the house. Or for juice specifically, have a bottle you get from the bar to splash around.

And oh man, ability to drive off ghosts styled after that meme/vine. *sim whips out a pot and pan wildly clanging then together in front of the ghosts’ face* translated from simlish- “GET OUT YOU WHISPY PLUMMER”

Look I just need something to recreate my experience of rapidly shoveling crossroad dirt into a plastic bag at a busy intersection while trying to appear like that’s totes what I’m supposed to do, I’m meant to be here, yeah. Or nearly setting the house on fire when burning a rosemary bundle and setting off the fire alarm.

YES TO ALL OF THAT!!!!!!!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Gordy I want to be able to make more than one type of witch. Ludic ones like the Wizard of Oz witches, the classic ones from Harry Potter, the dark ones from AHS: Coven, ethnical ones from Voodoo, etc...
    Harry Potter
    d7914d76f1d057d99d1142be0af08d66.jpg
    Wizard of Oz
    MTS_danaaa130-1565179-08-29-15_10-07PM.jpg
    Voodoo
    tumblr_okpd31TWHI1uoca7zo1_1280.png
    Coven
    tumblr_picry4qQ1u1wlxew6o1_400.jpg
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Honestly, all I want is a revamp of Makin Magic. PLEASE EA
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    a bit of magic from all the past sims game B)

especially the sims 1
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DorothyDorothy Posts: 62 Member
    Can we get witches that are not green? you know at the colour?
    Well, ok lets be there some green but lets have some that will can blend with other sims. And lets say for potions and oh a work that can have the future telling? And that need a specific skill to get there? Or a school for witches? Like how to become a witch?
    I dont know alot has passed through my mind tbt. And if i write them now it will take years to read them lmao.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just want them to be a separate life state. To me, what sort of spells or magic doesn't matter as long as I can separate my witch sims from my normal sims. I don't want just anyone to be able to pick up a wand.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I'd like a system that didn't automatically give us spells or even spell trees but allowed us to learn many different kinds of spells. I don't necessarily want to follow a chart like with Vampires or Celebrities although the level system should be similar. To me witches should be as powerful as their knowledge of the craft would allow them to be and not follow some linear path, that way we don't get just one type of occult practice but we could hopefully get some inspired from many different regions.

There should be elemental spells, many different potions and elixirs, their should be warding and protection rituals to keep Vampires and the Eliza Pancakes of the world away. I also don't think witches should have weaknesses like Vampires.
  • HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    > @OneAdorkableGirl said:
    > I feel they've already done the Harry Potter Witches. But I want the ability to be able to make whatever witches, we'd like. Traditional, Modern, Harry Potter, Charmed like, East Wick, East End, Sabrina, etc, etc.
    >
    > I want options. To be able to have powers come from their hands, but also have the option to use a wand, if players would like to.
    >
    > I want magical witches that can be born as a witch; and grow into their powers. Toddlers having small little powers like being able to summon a teddy bear, or other plushie friend. Or levitate objects, and if their parents see them doing magic, can have them drop the object and giggle.
    >
    > Children would start to have their powers become a bit more powers, but they wouldn't reach their most powerful until Young Adult hood. But this doesn't mean that children and teenager wouldn't have powers, they just might not be as strong.
    >
    > I want them to be able to conjure fire from their hands, or water, or to have vines come to life, or ... death.. (To make it more known that an evil witch is present).
    >
    > I want good, bad, neutral witches. (Like white magic, dark magic).
    >
    > I could go on and on about things that I'd love to see them bring with Witches. It's my favorite Occult ♥

Ooooh, I love your ideas!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want something that's like the Vampire Lore skill, where you can basically only do it by reading books, but I also want you to gain the Witchcraft skill by dueling, making potions, stuff like that. Maybe even playing Quidditch! Then, once they master the skill, they unlock two new ones, called Light and Dark. Each skill will allow you to do different things. So essentially, I want this to be a 30 level skill if you want to master both light and dark. The skill should also be earned faster than normal but slower than Vampire Lore so it doesn't take 50 sim years. The pack should also add a new career called Supernatural Hunter. Don't we need it?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope for a very flexible system for magic so that I can make up my own lore for my own saves. The vampires were awesome and I hope that I will be equally happy with witches and hopefully werewolves one day.