Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing a Bridge. What is the right/ best Routing Paint? With pictures!

goodFeel93goodFeel93 Posts: 596 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Try to find the right routing paint for bridges cause i still have problems with the bridges :/ Anyone here? Haven't find anything to THIS Problem so...Thank's in advance! 3x 2 Pictures

1)

7499bf-1552831273.jpg

2)
ddb1f0-1552831312.jpg

3)
c44bab-1552831340.jpg

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi :)

Are they Not working?
    The best test is to stop a Sim traveling over the bridge and then making them walk off the bridge. If they can walk off then animals can cross which means your bridge is good.

If your bridge doesn't work, get rid of the road pieces between the bridges. Join the bridges by their end tabs. Use a bit of land to join them.

ZWXdUo8.jpg

wcVNTo9.jpg
  • goodFeel93goodFeel93 Posts: 596 Member
    Thanks! Well i have problems with the Routing Paint How should i paint? Have u seen my pictures? Greetings and there is always some trouble with bridges in CAW :smiley: And i need the road between the two bridges all other's doesn't work for me :weary:
    edited March 2019
    There shouldn't Always be trouble with bridges in CAW.

Which paint is giving you trouble? That's the one not to use.
    Export the world and test it in game to see how they work. If a Sim can stop on those little islands you have connecting them and don't get stuck while still being able to cross over all the bridges, then you have no problems.

I don't place sections when connecting bridges because they're Not needed if the bridge end tabs overlay each other. :)

Go to View (on your tool panel) and click on View- Show Routing Data. Check your routing lines over the bridges.
    I've used turned retaining walls to look like support.

CHFuuFV.jpg

ydVdmZU.jpg
    f7a930-1552855281.png

8ca2f7-1552855294.png

8f7d81-1552855344.png

Here some more picturs
    edited March 2019
    goodFeel93 wrote: »
    f7a930-1552855281.png

8ca2f7-1552855294.png

8f7d81-1552855344.png

Here some more picturs

You see that small area of white lines which look cut off from the rest of the map - that's a problem. You should either make it so there is a way out of it or cover it with routing paint.

Is there a reason the routing paint is right up to it, on the right side of the shown map? :)
    Well it looks may a bit weird. So the light blue line in the bridge shouldn't be "under water"? And at the side some hills.. How i become that the light blue line is over water? So no routing paint over water in this area? Thanks for your answers!
    f611b8-1552857053.png
    Btw sry for ma bad grammar.. maybe this helps better.. The lot is unimportant ;)
    f611b8-1552857053.png
    Btw sry for ma bad grammar.. maybe this helps better.. The lot is unimportant ;)

Not the lot- the other side of your map. That little area on the corner of the road and fence. It's a spot which can cause problems. :)

As long as the road works (test in game) then it's fine with the light blue line going into the water. Always check in game.
    Alright thanks so much! Yeah have to paint this little corner too right! It's hard cause first i have to export the world, then istart Sims 3 and then i test it.. "Edit In Game" doesn't work... well Sims 3 loads then black screen (Taskbar Sims 3 icon) the icon disapears and then i'm back in CAW... thanks fo ya help!!
    Alright thanks so much! Yeah have to paint this little corner too right! It's hard cause first i have to export the world, then istart Sims 3 and then i test it.. "Edit In Game" doesn't work... well Sims 3 loads then black screen (Taskbar Sims 3 icon) the icon disapears and then i'm back in CAW... thanks fo ya help!!

EIG doesn't load?

How much store stuff do you have installed?
    You can't test the bridge in EIG any more. Time was stopped by EA years ago so no Sims nor cars move in EIG for testing.
    edited March 2019
    Aaaa 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :smiley: Right now i re installed CAW cause of EIG... alright i think i should go to sleep... its late here. I appreciate your help!! Edit: I think almost half of the whole store :smiley: I play without mods or other cc! :wink:
    edited March 2019
    You should go through your Store and install Only what you're using. No clothes, no hair, no little items unless it's Necessary. The other things, which aren't really needed but when you play, can be added after the world is done -while playing.

EIG doesn't like too much store.

Remember, you can decorate the houses once you actually play the finished world. :)
    edited March 2019
    HEY @Rflong7

My bridges now are working! Sims/ Cars can cross the bridge withouth "funky" moves :smiley:

Have still some problems with the wooden bridges. Maybe u know more 'bout this. Where is the "real ending" of the wooden bridge?
    Greetings and thanks again for ya help!

Example: Wooden bridge. Confused with the "end"
    c3fa47-1552941172.jpg
    The wooden bridge sinks lower in the ground at the ends. In CAW when you click on the bridge you should see where the end tab of is for that bridge (this is also like that for the bigger Bridgeport bridge). It's about where it slopes down at the end...

I'm so glad you got the bridges working. :mrgreen:
    Thanks! Yeah a total of 9 bridges... don't ask don't say anything :smiley: Now i got itand can do routing fixes and other stuff :tired_face: Did i say that i have almost 300 Lots in this world...