Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The return of previous series items: What do you want to make a comeback?

I was watching a video of someone playing Sims 2 and was given a fond view of their Sim spinning wildly within the night life required machine which sends you experiencing an astronaut style event for fun.

Now I have no clue what that machine is called but I remember going to the club and seeing it in the corner of the building and while sims danced and have fun, my sim would rattle their brains in that ball of metal and just like my thread about functions making a return, I wanted to bring light to the ITEMS from previous series of the sims that gave us joy.

This ball of dizziness held some of the highlights of my young simmer life, discovering new things and having my sim shake themselves into a state while dodging vampires and Mrs Crumplebottom (Lets not forget her).

Not only that but the hilarious kegs and such from Sims 2 and Sims 3 university! There's plenty more but I'm in a rush, so I'll just leave these two right here.

What items do you want back? What series of the sims do you want to see again via usable and fun items?

Sims 1, 2 or 3, it can be one of them or all of them!

Yes this is another nostalgia trip, but in that trip I was reminded of all the fun with these strange, frightening and crazy items.

Comment what you want below, discuss how they could be improved and updated and have fun.

The guru's claim to be hearing us, so lets get loud! (Respectful, but loud)

Have a good evening, Simmers! I'll see everyone later

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Vibrating bed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    edited October 2018
    I was watching a video of someone playing Sims 2 and was given a fond view of their Sim spinning wildly within the night life required machine which sends you experiencing an astronaut style event for fun.

Now I have no clue what that machine is called but I remember going to the club and seeing it in the corner of the building and while sims danced and have fun, my sim would rattle their brains in that ball of metal and just like my thread about functions making a return, I wanted to bring light to the ITEMS from previous series of the sims that gave us joy.

This ball of dizziness held some of the highlights of my young simmer life, discovering new things and having my sim shake themselves into a state while dodging vampires and Mrs Crumplebottom (Lets not forget her).

Not only that but the hilarious kegs and such from Sims 2 and Sims 3 university! There's plenty more but I'm in a rush, so I'll just leave these two right here.

What items do you want back? What series of the sims do you want to see again via usable and fun items?

Yes this is another nostalgia trip, but in that trip I was reminded of all the fun with these strange, frightening and crazy items.

Comment what you want below, discuss how they could be improved and updated and have fun.

That would be the Sims 2 Dance Sphere that came with Nightlife, that was a great machine, it would be cool to have that back again. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Some of the NPC Sims we've had in the game since day 1.....fireman, burglar. I really need a fireman in this game....and surprised we don't have 1 yet. & with the new improved Gardening system, I'd love them to bring back that NPC Garden Club person that would rate your Sims garden & if it was good enough, your Sim could join this elite club. That was from TS2. All my Sims hard work gardening....I'd love to see that implemented again & their hard work paid off :)

I'd love to see memories make a comeback. & Sims to have fears & likes/dislikes (attraction system).

I miss the newspaper....sounds small, but I enjoyed that in both TS2 and TS3. Cars is another one for me, that I really miss. Carpools and school buses.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The above suggestions and everything else TS2 has but 4 doesn't. That game got it right! From TS1: the bull riding thing, different style of restaurants depending on which podium you placed, barmaids had different attire than regular waitstaff, each type of clothing had its own style of rack, the chemistry set, the street vendors/shop counters where you could get burgers/hot dogs, pastries, ice cream treats, the little pond where you could feed fish or sail little boats, the kiosk where you could get said fish food and boats, functioning picnic baskets - I think from that same kiosk, that charming New Orleans style neighborhood with the quaint shops, cast iron architecture, and the guy with the sax that wandered around the streets and into the shops to perform. A nice build mode touch was when placing walls the animation was the wooden studs, the sheetrock not going on until the wall was done. Again, the overall attention to even the little details that made those games life like, interesting, and fun.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2018
    I may have given a different answer to this question in the past but in thinking it over there's not much I'd like to see return from the previous games except maybe pool tables and laptops because I still play them all and the exclusivity keeps them special and unique.

All this nostalgia is making me want to load up The Sims. :)

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

That would be the Sims 2 Dance Sphere that came with Nightlife, that was a great machine, it would be cool to have that back again. :smile:

Definitely that :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I would really like a return of the memory system in sims 2. I liked looking at those memories to see a sims history.
    The private school from sims 2 was a nice feature. The school uniforms made my sims children look really smart.
    And I miss being able to put a small telescope on my balcony.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I would really like a return of the memory system in sims 2. I liked looking at those memories to see a sims history.
    The private school from sims 2 was a nice feature. The school uniforms made my sims children look really smart.
    And I miss being able to put a small telescope on my balcony.

Yes. Please. Adding to that, I miss having my sims whisked away by Aliens off a balcony underneath the stars. Good times.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I miss the Genie bottle from Sims 2 (or was it 1?) -- I didn't really like freeing them from the bottle in Sims 3 (though I did create one in CAS and sent him off to University -- he could clean up the dorms and his dormmates in an instant and produce perfect meals with a wave of his hand, and was great for zapping away zombies). I liked how capricious the Genie could be -- if you wished for wealth you could wind up with piles of past-due bills instead. And the reward objects like the Smart Milk that gave a boost to toddler skills for a brief period. (It also made for nice decor in the nursery.) I didn't really play much of Freetime because EA wouldn't let Aspyr port that or Apartment Life to the Mac, but I'd like some of the hobby items like the sewing machine. And instead of the giant cupcake machine, a confectioners oven like we had with the Bakery Set in the Sims 3 Store would be really nice (I use a mod that adds the cupcake machine recipes to regular ovens, but I wouldn' t object to a separate oven for baked goods). I'd also like to see appliances like the deep fryer and the Teppanyaki Grill especially for my culinary Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Just remembered the smaller telescope! It’s been months and I only just remembered that tiny random object!

I know we have the larger one, the walk in hub we have to place on spacious land, but what would be nice is our younger sims or just sims in a smaller house, having the choice to buy an easier and smaller telescope
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I miss the Genie bottle from Sims 2 (or was it 1?) -- I didn't really like freeing them from the bottle in Sims 3 (though I did create one in CAS and sent him off to University -- he could clean up the dorms and his dormmates in an instant and produce perfect meals with a wave of his hand, and was great for zapping away zombies). I liked how capricious the Genie could be -- if you wished for wealth you could wind up with piles of past-due bills instead. And the reward objects like the Smart Milk that gave a boost to toddler skills for a brief period. (It also made for nice decor in the nursery.) I didn't really play much of Freetime because EA wouldn't let Aspyr port that or Apartment Life to the Mac, but I'd like some of the hobby items like the sewing machine. And instead of the giant cupcake machine, a confectioners oven like we had with the Bakery Set in the Sims 3 Store would be really nice (I use a mod that adds the cupcake machine recipes to regular ovens, but I wouldn' t object to a separate oven for baked goods). I'd also like to see appliances like the deep fryer and the Teppanyaki Grill especially for my culinary Sims.

Both Sims 1 and 2 had the genie bottle. I keep thinking Sims 3 did too, but that one I am not sure about.

Some Trivia on Sims 1 - Will Wright did the voice of the Genie in the Bottle in Sims 1. He said everything about that Genie including being purple was his idea.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    For me, I'd love to have the ticket machine back for business owned lots.

Slow dancing....
    Cuddling in bed the way sims 2 did.
    A better personality system like Sims 2.

For something new....I still want say trips to places like GF, or SD, or when we get a beach vacation and bypass having to rent. Just let us load the National Park in GF, or SD, or the beach lot in a new beach world. Send our sims home at the end of it like it is now with "vacation ending", but allow our sims to go for the day!

IRL, we can go to the beach for the day without having to rent a cottage!
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Everything from 2. :D

But especially cars/carpools. Anything but sims walking out of the door and teleporting.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited March 2019
    i would say the top load washer dryer sets from the sims3 ambition and uni to the sims4 sure the front load set is nice but went more choices if i ever went to make a more retro style sims home and to me nothing more retro than have in my sims house a top load washer dryer

5be6hs_zpsif2cqdiq.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Everything from 2. :D

But especially cars/carpools. Anything but sims walking out of the door and teleporting.

This, so much this.

I understand the argument that "this isn't open world, why would we need cars?". But TS2 had them, and they were much better than TS3's "stick it in your pocket and teleport out" version. TS2 added so much realism, depth, character with cars and carpools. It was simply IMO so immersive to see them get in the car, pull out and drive away. They had some other quirky interactions but overall it added an essential part of life to it, and it did it very well.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    The future Neighborhood from Sims 3's last ep. I love that pack and that world. Also all the Hoovercraft - the jet packs and that cool flying train...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The future Neighborhood from Sims 3's last ep. I love that pack and that world. Also all the Hoovercraft - the jet packs and that cool flying train...

Oh yeah I finally got to play that EP and I loved it :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Photo booth
    MTS_Honeywell-1333130-Sims2PhotoBooth.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Some things from TS3 I’d like to see:

1. The sculpting station from Ambitions
    2. The pool bars from Island Paradise
    3. The All-in-one bathroom.
    4. Those tubes from Into the Future.
    5. The Grass/Glass rugs from Into the Future.
    6. Those skill podcasts from the store.
    7. Nectar making from World Advertures.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    I miss asteroids from Ambitions.
    I miss the travelling in an open world in World Adventures. JA doesn't even compare.
    I miss the flies from Sims 2.
    I miss the romantic features of Sims 2.

tenor.gif
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    CARS (both ownable and public transport) Hate the teleporting thing. I miss when my sims were in bed and then the car to go to work appears in front of my house and sometimes with no time to fulfill needs and even missing a day of work because the car went away. Same with school buses. I guess this will never happen so whatever... the way worlds are designed its really bad
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Oh, so many great ideas! I also would like to see many of the things mentioned above. Sims cuddling in bed, slow dancing, the photo booth, the small telescope - that would be awesome!

I personally would love if sims could pose for pictures, like they did in Sims 2.
    Also, more colour swatches for painted pictures, getting invitations to house parties (not only birthdays), pool parties in summer, and the family picture album (or maybe just an option to filter screenshots).

I miss the memory system, too. But I somehow got used to not having it. :/ I loved it in Sims 2. It was simple, but satisfying. I didn't like the memory system in Sims 3 with these ... meeh? ... screenshots. And I didn't like the memory system we had in Sims 4 before. I would prefer a plain, simple memory system like in Sims 2. Just some icons for the special events, but I don't necessarily need screenshots for that. :) I already have tons of them, I don't need a picture of my sim visiting the library for the first time.

:)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Cars, school buses, longer hair, color wheel, having a movie theater and a grocery store. Also having a school building, rather than having our sims vanish to an invisible school somewhere.....
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

kids that can bake again and sell stuff

ae8kzd.jpg

28ltlwp.jpg

More fun Pool and water activties

[img][/img]2u4kp04.jpg

344ccw1.jpg

Babys ... and taking them on the stroller

2dlpwed.jpg

Pictures that you could put everywhere and diashows

2e4ah75.jpg

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member