Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    @SimAlexandria I meant to mention, when I read about your Sim cancelling your queue to blow out his birthday cake candles. You can disable autonomy for selected Sim if that behavior bothers you. Under Game Options > Gameplay. If you have a Sim selected for the most part the will just stand there and wait for you to tell them what to do, while the rest of the household acts autonomously.
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    Good to know we can choose the aspirations. I need to start this challenge again, I was doing so well but getting the matriarch to have kids right before she aged to elder was a big mistake. There were no teenagers left in the house and she died while the children were at school so game over. I managed to move out 19 kids and was working on the last three children. Lesson learned!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Question: Are we allowed to purchase the Money Tree reward from Seasons? I was just wondering because it feels a bit cheaty, but you didn't mention it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• dylan35dylan35 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm wondering, how do we age up our babies, without the calendar? Cause, I don't have money. So what do I do?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    dylan35 wrote: »
    I'm wondering, how do we age up our babies, without the calendar? Cause, I don't have money. So what do I do?

What do you need money for to age up an infant? You'll get a notice when it's 2 days until the birthday, you don't age them up them. Then you'll get a notice the day of their birthday, you age them up at that time. You simply click on the bassinet, chose "Age Up" and they come flying out of the bassinet.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Question: Are we allowed to purchase the Money Tree reward from Seasons? I was just wondering because it feels a bit cheaty, but you didn't mention it.

Sorry for double posting. I didn't see this when I first commented and I wanted a fresh comment, in case you seen my last already, as updating usually doesn't alert you of new post or tag.

@nerdfashion Yes, money trees are allowed, but if they feel cheaty to you, don't use them. Whether it's allowed or not, if you feel it's not right for your game, you are free to not use them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I know these are really close together, but my matriarch just became a one-star celeb and now I'm very curious if this is allowed or not...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I know these are really close together, but my matriarch just became a one-star celeb and now I'm very curious if this is allowed or not...

Yes that's fine :)
    @SimAlexandria I meant to mention, when I read about your Sim cancelling your queue to blow out his birthday cake candles. You can disable autonomy for selected Sim if that behavior bothers you. Under Game Options > Gameplay. If you have a Sim selected for the most part the will just stand there and wait for you to tell them what to do, while the rest of the household acts autonomously.

Thanks 😊 yes I did know it but I like them to do their own thing so it feels like they have more personality
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    hi! I just coming to say hi again :D I started this challenge a couple months ago, but then I went into a little break and just recently started playing again.
    I'm not really far yet, I just moved out kids 3&4 during my last play sesion

qowahJO.png
    this is kid #3, Egan, reading to kid #8 Garnet :3
    NHtmlak.png
    and this is kid #4, Magenta! you can find both of them, and any of their sibblins as they age up to YA on the gallery, under the hashtag #100rainbows ;)

right now in my game my matriarch Iris is pregnant with kid #10! with two alien-hybrid children for a total of 12 points :D and I'm working on getting my two teans out of the house xD
    As my personal rules I age up kids when they get an A AND complete their aspiration, and teens get an A and all the scout badges, its working really good so far!

also, just as an extra, I wanna share my absolute favorite kid so far! most of my kids are really good looking, but I'm in love with Olive xD
    BeDWApf.png
    yj8BVFI.png
    just look at her, she's going to be a star!

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SalemSvartulv - Hi! I loved seeing pictures of your Sims! Magenta's eye color is so beautiful. Do you have a picture of the matriarch, Iris? Wow, your personal rules sound super cool & very hard! I think it's cool when Simmers put their own twist on the rules. I don't do well with aspirations....and if I've ever completed one for a child Sim, it was by luck, LOL.
    Thanks so much for sharing. Would love to see more pics of the children too.
    edited March 2019
    Hi everyone! I took a quick break from the 100 Baby Challenge, and after reading everyone's postings, I got re-inspired to jump into my game. My 2nd matriarch, Pippa Santos, aged to elder & all her kids (except 2) are YA & have moved out. & my next matriarch, Londyn Santos just became a teen and I'm so excited for her journey! Here's a few quick pics of Pippa's kids that have aged since my last post:
    Twins - Ciera & Carly
    E2bfp3o.png

Twins - Nikolai & Wren
    mBdGBCS.png

Here is Londyn's CAS pic
    LYtcQE5.png

i12QUkO.png
    Londyn (L) & mom, Pippa (R)

1ZWZJwG.png
    Londyn & twin sis Paisley

So now it's just Londyn & Paisley left in the house w/Pippa. I can't believe that my 2nd generation is coming to an end. My baby count so far is 46! I play with aging off, so my matriarch doesn't age when pregnant. I'm thinking that it'll probably take 5 generations to complete the challenge, but I'm almost half-way through.
  • babyxbunniebabyxbunnie Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm just getting started with my 100 baby challenge and I'm super excited. I've been hearing about for ages and just never had time to actually look into it. I do have a question though, say your Sim mom wants to be a writer (I figure it's a work from home job) Does she have to Register with the Agency or can she actually be a writer under the Job tab?
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm just getting started with my 100 baby challenge and I'm super excited. I've been hearing about for ages and just never had time to actually look into it. I do have a question though, say your Sim mom wants to be a writer (I figure it's a work from home job) Does she have to Register with the Agency or can she actually be a writer under the Job tab?

The writer career doesn't have a work-from-home option, so you could just write books from home and register with the job agency, but you couldn't join the writer career. Good luck with the challenge! :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member

@Sha2520032003 ZThanks! I'm glad you liked them! I really enjoy seeing pictures from other simmers so I like to share mine too xD

I think this is the only picture of Iris I have right now, she takes a selfie with all the baby daddies to keep as a token, so here she is with daddy #10 Loren Kerr
    wWlcnTs.png
    c4VC567.png
    and here she is with little Garnet. She's putting up a little weight, but she's a glutton so I think I can't do much to avoid it xD I just leave her alone for a minute and she's already eating another plate of spaghettie or hamburguer
    also, it used to be just like that to me with the child aspirations! xD but I don't know why lately I've become a little too...efficient? with this game xD so I wanted the little extra challenge so it doesn't feel so fast!

I haven't played lately so I don't really have a lot to say xD I also enjoyed seeing your kids! congrats on finishing another generation :D Londyn is really pretty! :heart: she'll be a very good matriarch!
  • brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Julie85 wrote: »
    Well I started this challenge yesterday and my matirach is not doing to well she can get the flirty happening and boys are loving it but then they reject her lol. Going to be a long challenge.

Definitely challenging at first! I noticed if I focused on getting my sim's skill up in charisma to about a 3 (you can practice speech in a mirror or read a skill book if you can afford it), it made her way more successful. On my second and third matriarch, I made sure to get them skilled in charisma and comedy a bit before they became adults.

One thing I noticed that works REALLY well is, once your sim gets to a certain level of writing skill, they have the option to write love emails. As long as the sim has met someone and has a very little bit of relationship bar filled, they can write love emails to them that get the love bar up pretty quickly. You can write one every hour, and I'd say after 4 or 5 you usually can invite the sim over, have first kiss, and go right to the task at hand, lol. I use that when my sim is pregnant to build up relationship with the next donor. If you go out every now and then and introduce yourself to whatever men you meet and have a few interactions, you're golden to write to them later.

Once your sim gets to know a lot of people, their reputation will go up (I think this is with get famous) provided you are nice. Once you get to a good reputation, any sim you meet will start off with a much higher relationship value than you normally would upon meeting someone. Your reputation ends up preceding you :)
    @SalemSvartulv - Thanks for sharing. Iris is such a cool looking Sim....loving the magenta hair color. I have my matriarch take pics with the baby daddy too, lol. Loren is nice looking. Is Garnet, Iris's son with Loren? I have never played with a glutton Sim before & that's one of the traits I'd love to try. I think it's great that you have your personal rules that you play by. I'm trying to get this challenge done and my matriarch aging while pregnant, definitely slows things down as far as children go, so I do play with alien/vampire incentive to kind of balance it out a bit.

Thanks so much! I'm so happy to be going into another generation. Though Londyn did roll the Loner trait, which might make it a bit difficult for her to meet men. I've only played with the loner trait, maybe once or twice and I just recall them always being tense, and a bit socially awkward. Could definitely make the challenge more interesting, lol.
    So I'm about 5 kids in, I am enjoying the challenge quite a bit, although my first matriarch Elaria would probably disagree, she had three toddlers running around at one time when a fire broke out and there was pandemonium but everyone made it out safely. However, I have another question that I can't seem to find an answer for. What if your youngest daughter is a twin? Who do you pick? Also is anyone having a weird thing where all the children are the same gender? I have 5 daughters and I don't eat anything special or listen to music..
  • Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Woo hoo I finally was able to start the challenge OMG, it's hard work. My poor girl was getting her flirt which boys were loving and then BANG they rejected her. But finally we got lucky and she is pregnant.

Cause I haven't been around long I can't share my link but I am MrsJulie101 on Youtube and mrsjulie101 on Twitch.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    So I'm about 5 kids in, I am enjoying the challenge quite a bit, although my first matriarch Elaria would probably disagree, she had three toddlers running around at one time when a fire broke out and there was pandemonium but everyone made it out safely. However, I have another question that I can't seem to find an answer for. What if your youngest daughter is a twin? Who do you pick? Also is anyone having a weird thing where all the children are the same gender? I have 5 daughters and I don't eat anything special or listen to music..

what I have done when my last born turns out to be twin girls is to pick the 2nd born of the twins, being the very last girl born.
    @Fizzstix

Thanks, That's what I kinda figured, because there's no way I can make a set of twins both be Matriarchs lol. That would get way to crazy!
    @Fizzstix

Thanks, That's what I kinda figured, because there's no way I can make a set of twins both be Matriarchs lol. That would get way to crazy!

Yep my Heir is going to be a twin and her youngest two daughters are twins so I just chose the second one born. I don't know if it would change things if the second to be born got an A first and was aged up first? I was curious about this myself because she would stand become older than her sister who was born last... However even though it's not in the rules I age up my kids in order even if they do have the qualifications so twins will wait for each other.
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    Babies 100 and 101 (Boy/Girl twins) were just born and all done! Took 4 matriarchs (the last one only used less than half of her young adulthood).

Gen 1, Emma, had 25 babies and was primarily a novel writer. Eventually her royalties built up to keep them comfortable. She had a small house in Brindleton Bay
    Gen 2, Ella, had 26 babies and enjoyed painting. After aging to YA, she moved to Windenburg and dabbled in gardening and rocket science. Her fully upgraded ship would be passed down.
    Gen 3, Jenna, had 41 babies! Before becoming a young adult, she achieved Llamacorn Scout status! She was also the daughter of Father Winter. She really expanded the garden in her new home in Newcrest - ultimately growing seven money trees, a forbidden fruit tree and the mystical PlantSim tree. And she was a YouTube celeb on and off.
    Gen 4, Rebecca, only needed to have 8 babies but, of course, she had 9! Before aging to young adult she became the Hero of Strangerville, leading the folks to victory against the great Mother Plant. After growing up, she would actually have babies with a couple of her vaccinated recruits from that grand adventure. She, of course, moved to Strangerville to serve out her term as matriarch but is now looking forward to a career in the tech field and maybe settling down with her beau... after these kids all move out maybe?
    Xois5I.jpg
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    I'd have to go back to check but I think there were 4 vampire babies and 8 aliens in the mix. I don't know - I wasn't tracking points or anything. They ended with almost 7 Million simoleans. Would have been more if I'd regularly sent them out to harvest the money trees but after awhile it just seemed silly lol. When I built the house for the last generation, she barely made a dent in their money./
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    > @brandnewquiet said:
    > Julie85 wrote: »
    >
    > Well I started this challenge yesterday and my matirach is not doing to well she can get the flirty happening and boys are loving it but then they reject her lol. Going to be a long challenge.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Definitely challenging at first! I noticed if I focused on getting my sim's skill up in charisma to about a 3 (you can practice speech in a mirror or read a skill book if you can afford it), it made her way more successful. On my second and third matriarch, I made sure to get them skilled in charisma and comedy a bit before they became adults.
    >
    > One thing I noticed that works REALLY well is, once your sim gets to a certain level of writing skill, they have the option to write love emails. As long as the sim has met someone and has a very little bit of relationship bar filled, they can write love emails to them that get the love bar up pretty quickly. You can write one every hour, and I'd say after 4 or 5 you usually can invite the sim over, have first kiss, and go right to the task at hand, lol. I use that when my sim is pregnant to build up relationship with the next donor. If you go out every now and then and introduce yourself to whatever men you meet and have a few interactions, you're golden to write to them later.
    >
    > Once your sim gets to know a lot of people, their reputation will go up (I think this is with get famous) provided you are nice. Once you get to a good reputation, any sim you meet will start off with a much higher relationship value than you normally would upon meeting someone. Your reputation ends up preceding you :)..

Thank you for all those tips I will give them a go. At least she finally got a woo hoo and baby number one is on its way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top