Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With 64 bit gaming incoming

With the 64 bit update Incoming what are you hoping to see change? I am thinking we may get a graphic overhaul. I hope we can get larger worlds at last prehaps update some of the smaller EP/GP worlds I am looking at you (Magnolia Promnard). And hopefully a meaningful education system ( hay I can dream).

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities, larger worlds, larger packs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Don't get your hopes up. The game switching to 64 bit only support doesn't mean that future content is magically going to have more quality. If that was the case then the CPU and graphic card requirements would change as well
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I hate to burst your bubble but the game already has 64 bit support. It's been there since the base game!! The update is simply getting rid of the 32 bit support.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I hate to burst your bubble but the game already has 64 bit support. It's been there since the base game!! The update is simply getting rid of the 32 bit support.

No, 64-bit support for PC only came with the Get Together patch. Mac version was always 64-bit tho.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Which means that the game no longer has to be limited by what 32-bit systems can handle. Hence the ideas that we could now see larger worlds, more complex systems, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member

This. My PC is ready, she can take it.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

Prayerfully so.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Don't get your hopes up. The game switching to 64 bit only support doesn't mean that future content is magically going to have more quality. If that was the case then the CPU and graphic card requirements would change as well

YES...

This is what I think too, I feel as if everyone thinks something big is coming out of this, with this installment I REALLY doubt it...I feel people are just building up to nothing, when I know good and well this series never delivers...(sorry for sounding negative but I honestly feel as if this isn't big at all)
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

YES...

This is what I think too, I feel as if everyone thinks something big is coming out of this, with this installment I REALLY doubt it...I feel people are just building up to nothing, when I know good and well this series never delivers...(sorry for sounding negative but I honestly feel as if this isn't big at all)

the only assumption that we can make based on the announcement of 32 bit support drop is that the next EP is going to be released in June...
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

YES...

the only assumption that we can make based on the announcement of 32 bit support drop is that the next EP is going to be released in June...

I agree. I think the probability of another June expansion is quite likely. I really feel we'll get 2 expansions again this year. I really hope they can squeeze in at least one other game pack too. I also suspect we'll get at least one stuff pack.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    My first thought when I read the news was that Sims4 is going towards its end. Partly because they change it now, so late into the game and also no more pack until June...not even a stuffpack. I know about all the talk about three more years but to me it sounds we'll get an announcement for a new game next winter sometime.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Hopefully cars and roads added.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited March 2019
    I mainly feel that this will allow them to make bigger worlds agains, increase the population limit further, possibly increase the sims on zone limit and optimize the game better since they can focus solely on 64bit.

This slow down in productions could actually be because they have been planning this drop of 32bit for a while now and they only wanted to get what was near completion out. We may see an increase in releases after the update as I'd imagine all packs currently in production are being made with the upcoming update in mind.

This slow down also makes sense since they're still getting console caught up and if they kept releasing packs like they did before console would never get caught up.

Also bugs are a thing possibly on their mind. Since 32bit will be getting it's own sims 4 version that stops at strangerville there could be several bugs they want to get fixed before they release it and 32bit players stuck with whatever bugs are left.
    I wonder if this will effect consoles or are consoles already at 64 bit?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I mainly feel that this will allow them to make bigger worlds agains, increase the population limit further, possibly increase the sims on zone limit and optimize the game better since they can focus solely on 64bit.

This slow down in productions could actually be because they have been planning this drop of 32bit for a while now and they only wanted to get what was near completion out. We may see an increase in releases after the update as I'd imagine all packs currently in production are being made with the upcoming update in mind.

This slow down also makes sense since they're still getting console caught up and if they kept releasing packs like they did before console would never get caught up.

Also bugs are a thing possibly on their mind. Since 32bit will be getting it's own sims 4 version that stops at strangerville there could be several bugs they want to get fixed before they release it and 32bit players stuck with whatever bugs are left.

I agree. I think they are going to try to clean it up as best they can before they deliver that final version to those that can't move on.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wonder if this will effect consoles or are consoles already at 64 bit?

PS4 and XOne are presumably 64-bit already, having been released when 64-bit was already the norm

Edit: I checked, and they're not necessarily 64-bit (their CPUs might possibly have more bits), but this shouldn't be a concern anyway, because the console versions of TS4 are already built to match the CPU architecture of the each console
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »

I agree. I think they are going to try to clean it up as best they can before they deliver that final version to those that can't move on.

Yeah, I think we're in for a couple of sizeable patches in April, May, and potentially June.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm guessing there will be less limitations that come out of this and some more advanced stuff. I'm excited but also slightly worried because I might actually start having lag in my game and might need a newer system or upgrade in the future (even though I do have a 64 bit capable system). I think I can bite the bullet and upgrade if it comes down to it though :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    @Hermitgirl exactly my thoughts on this too. Excited yet slightly worried. I have a 64 bit that was a top of the range (and very expensive) gaming PC when I had it custom built, however that was quite a few years ago now.

I can't wait to see what the next EP will bring us
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    With the 64 bit update Incoming what are you hoping to see change? I am thinking we may get a graphic overhaul. I hope we can get larger worlds at last prehaps update some of the smaller EP/GP worlds I am looking at you (Magnolia Promnard). And hopefully a meaningful education system ( hay I can dream).

I would love to see them updating the older worlds to make them bigger. I remember that Grant said that they could update worlds to add new neighborhoos when Sims 4 was released, but they never did that (i think magnolia promenade and the hidden lots were supposed to be added to Willow Creek/Oasis Springs, but they scrapped that for some reason, i would love to know why).
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2019
    I doubt the drop of 32 bit is going to make this game better or is going to change the size and scope of the content they are going to release.

64 bit just became the new standard.

Keep your expectations realistic. Maybe for Sims 5.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I doubt the drop of 32 bit is going to make this game better or is going to change the size and scope of the content they are going to release.

64 bit just became the new standard.

Keep your expectations realistic. Maybe for Sims 5.

But I'm sure bigger worlds is possible now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Karon wrote: »
    doogerie wrote: »

I would love to see them updating the older worlds to make them bigger. I remember that Grant said that they could update worlds to add new neighborhoos when Sims 4 was released, but they never did that (i think magnolia promenade and the hidden lots were supposed to be added to Willow Creek/Oasis Springs, but they scrapped that for some reason, i would love to know why).

Yes think the ocean in Willowcreek unlocked where that pier is.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Game is indeed have a support for 64 bit long time ago, but they also cater for the 32 bit user so they probably also had to be careful when and what to add to the game, remember the Del Sol Valley small world, I think when they finally stopped supporting 32bit we'll see an improvement in the future content.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I do not think it is very likely that we will see any larger changes for the sims4 64-bit version. Not when sims4 (probably) does not have many years left. I think Get Famous and Strangerville have showed us how much more content we can expect added with each dlc. I think they are working now to finish their projects that they have worked on for a long time. Any larger projects or ideas will probably be reserved for a possible sequel.