Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Member Thread (Ideas, Questions and Feedback)

Hello and Welcome,
I am creating this thread for new members because it was frustrating when I was a new member. Feel free to ask questions , share thoughts and talk about The Sims 4!
SunStone.
~SunStone~ <3
A Sims 4 player and fan!

Comments

• MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    Hello!

I'm a new member *waves* and though I don't find it frustrating I do find myself at a lost with things to do. I've just been going through different threads for interesting topics to read and I've recently gotten knee-deep in build videos. I'm a huge fan of basement-level houses submerged or surrounded by water. Also, I finished Strangerville a couple days ago. I thought it was great!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @MadameSim Welcome to the forum. I have been playing the Sim series for quite some time now, but I do remember my very first time playing the game and the frustration and getting lost that went along with it like it was only yesterday. That is saying something, because nine times out of ten I can't even remember what I was doing only yesterday, much less last week.
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    MadameSim wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm a new member *waves* and though I don't find it frustrating I do find myself at a lost with things to do. I've just been going through different threads for interesting topics to read and I've recently gotten knee-deep in build videos. I'm a huge fan of basement-level houses submerged or surrounded by water. Also, I finished Strangerville a couple days ago. I thought it was great!

Welcome to the forums! :)

I enjoy building too. What have you built?
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    When I started back in the day, my sim suddenly got old, along with the whole world, it was filled with elders and ghosts. So my advice to new players, just learning the game is to go into game options and turn off aging until you feel like you have a solid grasp of the game.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > @MadameSim Welcome to the forum. I have been playing the Sim series for quite some time now, but I do remember my very first time playing the game and the frustration and getting lost that went along with it like it was only yesterday. That is saying something, because nine times out of ten I can't even remember what I was doing only yesterday, much less last week.

Lol That's how I felt when I first started playing the Sims 4. I'd gone so hard for Sims 3 and for so long that, I'll admit, I was resistant to change and found it difficult to get use to Sims 4's UI as a result. Come a couple of months later and I cannot get enough of this freakin' game. I get that the Sim team (or gaggle of teams) were keeping longevity in mind by making the game smaller in scope (for instance, no open world) but I can see now that they also made this game with the modding and custom content community in mind. I have found so many delightful mods and cc and they all work SO WELL, it's ridiculous...

Now, little build mode features like adjusting the size and height of objects gives me endless joy. I love clutter stuff and now have endless range to be absolutely TACKY.
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > @MadameSim Welcome to the forum. I have been playing the Sim series for quite some time now, but I do remember my very first time playing the game and the frustration and getting lost that went along with it like it was only yesterday. That is saying something, because nine times out of ten I can't even remember what I was doing only yesterday, much less last week.

Also, thank you! I love being here!
    > @SunStone02 said:
    > MadameSim wrote: »
    >
    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm a new member *waves* and though I don't find it frustrating I do find myself at a lost with things to do. I've just been going through different threads for interesting topics to read and I've recently gotten knee-deep in build videos. I'm a huge fan of basement-level houses submerged or surrounded by water. Also, I finished Strangerville a couple days ago. I thought it was great!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the forums! :)
    >
    > I enjoy building too. What have you built?

Thank you! Glad to be here. :)

YES! The Build Mode is a refreshing upgrade from Sims 3 if only due to the Search engine. I'm still hoping they'll patch in a collapsible option for the display because I feel like the catalogue should be able to expand and contract a little more.

So far I've been making my parents house. I know, pretty lame, but I was eager to work out the scaling and real-world modelling aspect. I can't wait to upload it onto the Gallery. Also love how seamless it is going from build mode from the neighborhood, saving to the library, and uploading to the community.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    What do I have to do to be able to start my own discussion? I'm not a new member, I've been here for years, but I don't have the ability to start a thread?!
    edited March 2019
    What do I have to do to be able to start my own discussion? I'm not a new member, I've been here for years, but I don't have the ability to start a thread?!

I did a little searching and found this, to answer your question.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

It looks like you need to make a few more post. Currently, you have 3 posts, and you need to make a total of 15 posts. Your points are past the required number, so that is good.
  • seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    > Lol That's how I felt when I first started playing the Sims 4. I'd gone so hard for Sims 3 and for so long that, I'll admit, I was resistant to change and found it difficult to get use to Sims 4's UI as a result. Come a couple of months later and I cannot get enough of this freakin' game. I get that the Sim team (or gaggle of teams) were keeping longevity in mind by making the game smaller in scope (for instance, no open world) but I can see now that they also made this game with the modding and custom content community in mind. I have found so many delightful mods and cc and they all work SO WELL, it's ridiculous...
    >
    > Now, little build mode features like adjusting the size and height of objects gives me endless joy. I love clutter stuff and now have endless range to be absolutely TACKY.

This was literally me. I stayed on sims 3 until a few months ago finally. I resisted when my friends tried to pull me into Sims 4 for so long and complained the first few hours I played it lol, and now here I am. I haven't went back to sims 3.
  • seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    okay I didn't do my quote right apparently. I am not new to sims, but I am new to posting. oops
    Ah thank you! I didn't realise that "posts" included replies in threads.
    I have a question I just can't find the answer to and I'm not able to make a post yet, so here is my question:

How do I turn off ageing for JUST the families I have in my gallery? I sometimes make them in advance to add to the neighborhood at a later date, but sometimes I find that children have aged up and it's very frustrating. I want my neighbors to age as my played families do, but I want the gallery to just stay frozen in time, even if it means they don't show up in the neighborhood until they've moved into a house...is that possible?
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    I have a question I just can't find the answer to and I'm not able to make a post yet, so here is my question:

How do I turn off ageing for JUST the families I have in my gallery? I sometimes make them in advance to add to the neighborhood at a later date, but sometimes I find that children have aged up and it's very frustrating. I want my neighbors to age as my played families do, but I want the gallery to just stay frozen in time, even if it means they don't show up in the neighborhood until they've moved into a house...is that possible?

Sadly, I don't think this is possible. :( Since you're a member now, you can create a thread in the Idea Corner! :)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • VIPryncessVIPryncess Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I am new and don't know where to even begin. I see I need to earn points, how do I go about doing that? Also, what can I do as a newbie? Is this all connected to the game?
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited May 2019
    VIPryncess wrote: »
    Hi, I am new and don't know where to even begin. I see I need to earn points, how do I go about doing that? Also, what can I do as a newbie? Is this all connected to the game?

Quickest way to gain points is to head over to the Off Topic section and introduce yourself and then just join in on some of the interesting threads over there. Lots of A-Z threads, food games- that sort of thing.

Welcome to the sims and happy simming!

ETA: apparently I have a problem leaving out words when I'm hangry 🤷‍♀️
    Post edited by Jasonschick80 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member

Hello @VIPryncess :) Welcome to the forums!
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

Happy simming! :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Hi and welcome to the forums! And if you're new to simming, welcome to the Sims too!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ChaoticplumbobsChaoticplumbobs Posts: 5 New Member
    Hopefully someone sees this. So uh basically I'm trying to use the modify relationship cheat on my sims so that they will love each other but they are resisting with ever fiber of their virtual beings. I've tried using different variations of the cheat, changing thier names, exiting and relaunching the game, nothing works. It does however work on my other kinder sims. Even the ones with two or hyphonated names! I type the cheat like this: modifyrelationship Jerry Godluck Kim Godluck 30 LTR_Romance_main. aaaaand Zilch. But the same exact code used on thier sweet neighboors works every time. Any idea on what the heck is going on or how I can fix this?
  • Anit08Anit08 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi there I have been on the sims forum for 10 years and cant find the bloody button to post a question or start a new discussion, so here I am.

My question to the sims community is: I love downloading lots with CC included in the lot zip files. I find it extremely time consuming to download a lot and each custom content individually (like so many creators do). I have only been able to find TWO creators who include all the CC they use in their lot downloads.

1) Dinha
    2) Frau Engel

I CANNOT find any other Sims 4 creators who included all the CC they used in their lots zip files.

I have been using the above two creators for years, and I have exhausted their content for now... if anyone knows of any other creators who INCLUDE CC in ONE simple download PLEASE let me know who they are?

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it.

Anit
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

Go into the Off Topic Discussion board a start playing the word games there. It will help you build up your post count and you might have a bit of fun as you do so as well.
    The forum here is a great place to ask questions and read other's questions on how to do things and different ways to play, you can learn a lot. Lots of helpful people around here.

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hopefully someone sees this. So uh basically I'm trying to use the modify relationship cheat on my sims so that they will love each other but they are resisting with ever fiber of their virtual beings. I've tried using different variations of the cheat, changing thier names, exiting and relaunching the game, nothing works. It does however work on my other kinder sims. Even the ones with two or hyphonated names! I type the cheat like this: modifyrelationship Jerry Godluck Kim Godluck 30 LTR_Romance_main. aaaaand Zilch. But the same exact code used on thier sweet neighboors works every time. Any idea on what the heck is going on or how I can fix this?

Have you checked to make sure they aren't related? I once had this same thing going on and I was wondering what the problem was then I looked and saw that I'd made them brother and sister by accident or memory lapse. I THOUGHT I had a brother and sister and a roommate not three siblings. lol.
    Anit08 wrote: »
    Hi there I have been on the sims forum for 10 years and cant find the bloody button to post a question or start a new discussion, so here I am.

My question to the sims community is: I love downloading lots with CC included in the lot zip files. I find it extremely time consuming to download a lot and each custom content individually (like so many creators do). I have only been able to find TWO creators who include all the CC they use in their lot downloads.

1) Dinha
    2) Frau Engel

I CANNOT find any other Sims 4 creators who included all the CC they used in their lots zip files.

I have been using the above two creators for years, and I have exhausted their content for now... if anyone knows of any other creators who INCLUDE CC in ONE simple download PLEASE let me know who they are?

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it.

Anit

Hi, I like using is this https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/ All the items in this are actually items that are already in the game. They are very good at keeping it updated, and the really cool part is if you do pull this from your mods folder, those items will stay on your sim.

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    [quote="SunStone02;d-957010"]Hello and Welcome,
    I am creating this thread for new members because it was frustrating when I was a new member. Feel free to ask questions , share thoughts and talk about The Sims 4!
    SunStone.[/quote]

So glad I found this thread. I've only been playing the Sims since May and have only been on the forum about a week.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    [quote="sunblond;c-16996033"]When I started back in the day, my sim suddenly got old, along with the whole world, it was filled with elders and ghosts. So my advice to new players, just learning the game is to go into game options and turn off aging until you feel like you have a solid grasp of the game.[/quote]

I ran into this issue too. Had no idea they aged so quickly.