Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Sparky1922: Thank you for the great information! I don't use lots from other sites very often (other than MTS), because they very often have CC in them, which I avoid. Not that I avoid having CC in my game (I have tons), but I'm not going to trust CC that I didn't install myself, and isn't in package format for the Mods folder. TSR builds, for instance, often have so much CC in them that once I strip the CC out of the Sims3pack file, the build looks nothing like what it originally looked like.

Both of those lots are really nice, and would look great in that Vampri field area. I'll take a look at both of them. Thanks! <3

The pictures of the area that you show look fabulous. I can completely understand your reason to put the SF lot in the vamp area. But for me it's the opposite; I'm more likely to play a sim or sims on that lot if it's not in a village kind of area. (I tend to play Sims that stay away from other Sims until their social bar gets low, and I often don't leave my home lot until I get that buff that says my Sim needs to get away from home. Because I'm asocial myself. ;) )

I think a few Gothic Victorians ought to look good in that area too; I was able to find several on the Exchange, and I've made a few myself, so some of them should fit in. I may even make one or two if need be, although just for the outside shell; I may not bother furnishing. I've learned the hard way that it's best not to populate every home in a world anyway, or the game will start to stutter badly, so it isn't necessary for every lot to be usable.

I've been filling the pirate area as well, although that's easier, since that seems to me to be mostly a medieval style. There are many nice medieval builds on the Exchange; I've made quite a few myself. Although I'm not as good at landscaping as many other builders, I think mostly unlandscaped builds actually look better in the pirate area anyway. It's more of a busy town area than a pretty rural area.

Once the vamp area is done, I'll feel that I've got the world ready for me to play. I've filled most of the other places, and I'm eager to try out this world with some Sims. :)

ETA: W00t! Removing those room markers from Twilight Apartments when it was in a build world fixed my problem for me! Now I can go into the lot without it locking up my game. So I was able to place it in the lot it was designed for! :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @MiaSkywalker

I understand what you are saying about lots and CC because I also use lots of CC but like you I want to choose and not have it added to my game without my knowledge lol however as I am such a lousy builder I just put everything through custard and let that guide me.

Both those lots I linked you I would probably use in that vamp area if I wasn't so intent on using my spiritual fusion there for now-)

I laughed so much at your antisocial comments as despite living a full RL all over the world my alone time was/is so very cherished and while I like to play sims that way sometimes i often do the opposite and play with lots of big families instead for some reason as I suppose it's the opposite side of the scale-)

I am trying to add steampunk lots in areas that do not look too out of place either because in this world I want to play every type of sim in one world which is something I have never been able to do before as other worlds really do not accommodate for separated sim style areas like this world does..

I have also been keeping the pirate area in style with pirates and have some fab CC to add to this area once I have finished tweaking and testing..

I agree that I also try to keep most sims homes fairly basic apart from my own sim families they can usually have anything lol unless I am playing a different theme as tons of stuff on a massive map will even cause a melt down on my own machine so i try to err on the side of caution sometimes..

I would love to look at some pics of what you have done as I always seem to be looking at my own and it would be refreshing to see another players take on the world :)
    edited August 2018
    @Sparky1922: I'm almost done setting everything up, thanks to your suggestions. :) I only have a few places left, and I may not fill them until I'm actually playing.

I've turned the lake lot into one with a seasonal marker. I put the lot near the mermaid area, only because that's where it fit the best. It was the same size as a lot in the crow area, but the slope was slightly off, so it wouldn't have been routable.

Oh my goodness! A lot just got posted on MTS that's absolutely wonderful for the vampire area, and is 20x30!
    Drago's Mystical Thrift Store

It even has a broom arena, which I was wanting to add to the world somewhere, but hadn't been sure where to do it yet. I don't really NEED another consignment and elixir store , so maybe I'll turn the one in the crow area into a hangout. :)

Finally finished adding LLAMAs to all of the community areas, and about half of the residentials. Because Tardis. :) Now I just have to place Sims in the world. Fortunately I already have a bunch that I made for another world, and all of them are medieval occults. (Some are even hybrids - I love those!)

I'll take pictures once I have the game Live, because they'll look better. (And things like the castle pieces won't vanish in that mode.) This is SUCH a gorgeous world, I really love looking at it. :)
    edited August 2018
    Hi @MiaSkywalker

You sound as excited as I am to start playing lol I am afraid I am quite OCD about how my worlds look so can be constantly changing things/lots as I go along.. I shall play for a while and make sure everything is okay then save that world for future start overs if I need to do that then begin adding back my mods to test followed by my CC because I have a ton of it I want to use in this world..

Thanks for the link to the Dragos Mystical Thrift Store I also like elixir stores with broom arenas so I have downloaded and saved the lot however I really love the one in the world itself and have added a broom arena and supernatural community garden to that lot because it is plenty big enough..

Sorry I don't mean to keep pushing for pics I just really love looking at other players pics in this world but I can wait-) I too sometimes just sit and look at this world too in the various seasons it's gorgeous and a total work of art :)

Edit: I remember you saying you would have liked to have kept the castle turrets in the Vampiri field lot so maybe you could try a 60x60 lot and see if you could use that instead of a 64x64? If found a nice 60x60 on the following link..

Azn's Gothic Glamour Manor 60x60

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5731763
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Where is the link to this world? I did not find it in the first post, nor in @Rflong7's studio. Thanks in advance.
    Hi @bekkasan

The world can be downloaded from the following link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0lhy036p8t31/Supernatural+Island.Sims3Pack

@Hidehi

I made a mistake when I was tired trying to finish something off in the world and accidently deleted the 64x30 lot completely that your Eldanyanda was on and then of course I was wondering what to do to get it back because obviously world editor does not have that particular size and then yesterday Rflong7 sent me towards add any lot size mod by velocitygrass over at MTS and it worked like a charm thankfully as I had been dying to take a pic of this stunning lot to show my appreciation :)

ssxvGJI.jpg

I also added today a houseboat dive bar airship by creator Ihelen which I think looks awesome on the port in the pirate area :)

cjg0Zxh.jpg

anyone who would like this houseboat it is on the following link

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8700004

I also added a hot air balloon landing station and placed it in the pirate area for looks only (the balloon cannot be used as it cannot re land back on the station)

uSMKtkR.jpg

This lot was made by the creator Joolster and is called The Launching Spot on a 20x20 lot and can be found on the following link

https://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7026252

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love it!!!
    Gorgeous supernatural island... right up my alley, too!
    I'm so happy to see you creating again. Marvelous work!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @bekkasan

You are welcome I hope you love the world :)
    edited August 2018
    @Sparky1922:
    That balloon can't land again? That's too bad. I've seen lots where the balloon can be used, and it's pretty neat.

I've always wondered if you can actually use the balloon for transportation, but since I've never had more than one lot with it on any world, I've never been able to test it.
    @MiaSkywalker

No the balloon cannot land back onto the structure if it used but because I desperately want a balloon in that area of the map I will make do for now :)

I am currently searching for a kind of steampunk shop or other lot with a usable balloon I can place on that 30x20 lot in the pirate area so if you know of anything like that in that size I would be grateful as I can find nothing that fits the theme I am trying to go for :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

I built a Steampunk Balloon Station (it's a house but can be changed) awhile ago. If you put it on the 30x20 lot and move it to the side the balloon works.
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6969825

lYtjryN.jpg

@Ceres_Meiriona Thanks! :mrgreen:

Hi @Rflong7

I am not sure how I missed this because I thought I had downloaded all your lots from your studio already, this is wonderful and what I am looking for but it will be changed into a hangout so I can send all my different sims off for a balloon ride :)
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rflong7

I am not sure how I missed this because I thought I had downloaded all your lots from your studio already, this is wonderful and what I am looking for but it will be changed into a hangout so I can send all my different sims off for a balloon ride :)

It won't fit on the platform I made but it does *travel back to the lot when placed in the open area. :mrgreen:
    @Rflong7

I realized when searching for lots of this type it is not going to work from a platform for whatever reason but as you say it can be moved to one side on the lot and used so I will enjoy making this into some sort of steampunk style centre for my sims to visit and get a balloon ride while they are there, I love the ask to marry animation on the balloon ride it's so cute :)
    Hi Everyone,

As @soocoolsim has completed 3 new DNA build requests that fit in this wonderful world beautifully I am posing pics and the links where you can find them :)

The first one is called Storietime Cottages which is a 64x64 lot i have placed in the area close to the elixir consignment store that comes with the world and adjacent to the farming area..there are 5 self-contained cottages perfect for a large family or group of sims and personally I am using this wonderful build for a collection of witches and werewolf sims :)

4HvBemV.jpg

It can be downloaded on the following link

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9255687

The next is called Mushroom House which is a 30x20 lot I have placed just outside the walled area i call my vampire area..

1YbMoTn.jpg

The download link is as follows:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261550

The last one is called Mushroom Town Centre which is a 64x64 lot built in a similar style to the mushroom house above and I have placed this lot in the farming area as it suits the style and has the following areas for your sims to visit..

Town Centre with Movie / Meeting Halll, Nursery, Holiday Place, Wedding Hall, Police outpost, Bookstore, Diner, Grocery. Landscaped with Band Stage & Dance Pavillion, BBQ, Pond (stock yourself). Includes EA rabbitholtes for city hall, diner, grocery, bookstore, police, military. Shopping with savvy sellers and cash registers

As there is a city hall missing from this world this lot is perfect for that as well and is in keeping with the style of the word :)

IhV4KNU.jpg

This lot can be downloaded on the following link:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9266371

I hope you all continue to enjoying playing in this world as much as I do :)
    Hi, :mrgreen:

Thank you so much for sharing her lots here @SPARKY1922 :cookie::)
    They're just wonderful and do fit in well. I've rec'd and favored them.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited February 2019
    I made a base save. tell me what you think and if any things are missing from lots or if you need me to give you lots I placed down
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwfg3t2g3hclswf/Supernatural_Isle_Base.sims3.rar/file

I can make a populated version also. but IDK if i should use sliders,no sliders,or just fix up sims from Rflong7's Legacy Island III
    Happy Simming!β™₯
    Hi, @MemoriiValentine
    Wow- Thanks! I'll check it out. :mrgreen:
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Rflong7 :D ,

I'm sorry to read that RL has put you in the position that you need to limit your time and energy for continuing with your new WIP ... especially as this one will be another gorgeous world for the simming community to drool over ... but as others have already said CAW can wait RL cannot!

I have finally managed to finish one more build for your awesome Supernatural Island. It's a library for the Vampire District ... even though the Island has a fabulous one already!!! ... this one is best placed at 2 Buck's Row.

If anyone is interested here's the download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9295361

3ZG24vd.jpg?2

MSO6Wpn.jpg?1

iNvSCM1.jpg?1

Best wishes and take care :) x
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Hidehi Your library looks great!
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Thank you so much @suzses :D ,

I've had so much fun building for this fabulous world!!!
    By the way I would love to see you creating some more of your awesome builds for Rflong7's new world! <3 x
    Hi @Hidehi

I haven't been around for a while myself or playing my game very much because of RL ongoing situations as well but just noticed your wonderful Library which as always is as stunning as the rest of your builds so thank you very much it will fit in beautifully when I start being able to play the world again, download and rec :)
    Awesome~ I love it! Your builds are always perfect for the areas and themes. :heart:@Hidehi

I'm so glad to see the world is still being played and inspiring. I love this world but can't build in it. Strange, I know. :cookie:

I'll get used to working... hopefully soon. It's not that bad- I tell myself but the people are fun to work with so that's great. :mrgreen: `

Thank you so much @SPARKY1922 !
    I very much hope that you'll be able to have lots of fun with your sims on Supernatural Island again soon :D<3 x

Hi @Rflong7 ,
    I'm so glad you like my latest build.
    Your Supernatural Island is definitely one of my favourite worlds for building and playing TS3!!! <3

If you have had a fairly long break from working it's not easy to get back into the routine of it ... but it'll get better! ... especially if you concentrate on the positives :) x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top