Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next pack.... a Stuff Pack?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/b1o6tg/oh_ea/eioq56r

TL;DR He said:
"i asked him about a potential University release date the representative told me that EAxis isn't currently on it but rather it's 'on the thought board'. when i asked what they are working on he answered that they are focusing on a Stuff Pack"

Is this any real tho?

Comments

• SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Another stuff pack ? I will not buy any stuff packs anymore.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2019

TL;DR He said:
    "i asked him about a potential University release date the representative told me that EAxis isn't currently on it but rather it's 'on the thought board'. when i asked what they are working on he answered that they are focusing on a Stuff Pack"

Is this any real tho?

Hope it's a Pool Stuffpack. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a SP. I'm thinking we ll see one in April.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

TL;DR He said:

Is this any real tho?

Yeah I'm skeptical about this. Unless that representative wanted to lose his job, I highly doubt he'd tell the truth about what is or isn't going to be released.

Could a stuff pack be next? Sure. I wouldn't be surprised considering how long it's been and how recently we got Get Famous (if they're doing Summer/Holiday releases for EP's it'd be too soon to announce something), but I don't think it means they aren't working on University.

How many times do the SimGururs say "no comment" or "pinned tweet" when people ask if ___ is next?

Until they announce something, there's no telling what they're working on.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    EA support chat doesn’t know anything. Why would they know what Maxis is currently working? Anything they know is on a need-to-know basis.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I thought it was common knowledge that EA Support is not to be believed when discussing future content.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I mean, it's been an entire year since the last stuff pack was released... and as dreadful as it was, we're well overdue for another one by now. I just hope EA has learned their lesson and won't be giving us another DLC for DLC...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that EA Support is not to be believed when discussing future content.

I remember that in the last few years there is also a thread from EA support telling something which turned out to be false. I never trust this support. If I am honest when I experience something I first go to forums filled with player who actually experienced it and even found workarounds. No offense but having them announce much more advanced than the gurus seems quite dangerous for that representative tbh

I mean, it's been an entire year since the last stuff pack was released... and as dreadful as it was, we're well overdue for another one by now. I just hope EA has learned their lesson and won't be giving us another DLC for DLC...

The Sims 4: Celebrity Life Stuff Pack- Contains new features and outfits for your sims to enjoy, plus it also gives your sims New Life Quirks!*****

***Life Quirks for Celebrity Sims only available for players who have The Sims 4: Get Famous(Sold Separately) and requires The Sims 4(Sold Separately) and all game updates to play
    😛

But in all seriousness I don't think they will ever do that again. I mean they never did a stuff based on a celebrity since the backlash(KPST) it got, and never repeated it, so it might as well not happen again to have another MFPS.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I will reserve all judgement until we have an official announcement, know what the next pack is, and possibly until I have actually played it. I don't mind if we get another stuff pack next, just as long as it's a good one with lots of nice stuff and gameplay like Laundry Day. I'm not one of the players that is desperate for University though. I mean, it'd be nice to have at some point, but then there are a lot of other things I would love even more.
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    I will reserve all judgement until we have an official announcement, know what the next pack is, and possibly until I have actually played it. I don't mind if we get another stuff pack next, just as long as it's a good one with lots of nice stuff and gameplay like Laundry Day. I'm not one of the players that is desperate for University though. I mean, it'd be nice to have at some point, but then there are a lot of other things I would love even more.

Agreed; I think MFP soured stuff packs for a lot of people, but they can be lots of fun, quite comprehensive, and worth the money if done well. Like you said, Laundry comes to mind, as does Bowling.
    giphy.gif
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There is no way EA Support Chat can share what the next pack would be, unless they really wanted to lose their jobs. I doubt they know and they certainly cannot be trusted in matters like these.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I may be in a minority but I really miss the Stuff Pack releases. There are so many themes I'd like to see covered before the end of TS4's lifetime
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I may be in a minority but I really miss the Stuff Pack releases. There are so many themes I'd like to see covered before the end of TS4's lifetime

I appreciated the consistency of it. At one point it seemed like clockwork you could expect a new Stuff Pack the following month.
  • AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    Don't really care for a stuff pack but since we just got an EP and GP it's likely
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I hope not. I hope the next pack whatever it is contains Witches.... I'm just saying Witches, please let it be...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    No, the voice actors are already hinting for something. Usually thats EP or GP, not SP.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

I appreciated the consistency of it. At one point it seemed like clockwork you could expect a new Stuff Pack the following month.

@Chazzzy They say "we are always changin how things work, blablabla" but, you know... If there is one single thing I have learned in my whole life is that consistency is one of the keys to success. I don't know why they feel we can't expect a pattern out of their releases, there is nothing wrong with having that, its not like we are spoiling anything.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Karon wrote: »

@Chazzzy They say "we are always changin how things work, blablabla" but, you know... If there is one single thing I have learned in my whole life is that consistency is one of the keys to success. I don't know why they feel we can't expect a pattern out of their releases, there is nothing wrong with having that, its not like we are spoiling anything.

The Sims 2 was the most consistent and yet 3 and 4 have sold more overall.

I guess it just depends on a whole number of factors. I think if they preplanned everything it would mean certain content may no longer be as desired.

They seem to be currently shifting based on the community
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Controversial opinion apparently but I like stuff packs when they're well executed like laundry day, kids stuff or backyard stuff. I use the items from them pretty much all the time and they are accessible price wise compared to game packs and expansions. I don't think we needed an onslaught like in the first few years of ts4 but one or two a year would be welcome in my eyes
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Karon wrote: »

The Sims 2 was the most consistent and yet 3 and 4 have sold more overall.

I guess it just depends on a whole number of factors. I think if they preplanned everything it would mean certain content may no longer be as desired.

They seem to be currently shifting based on the community

Consistency has nothing to do with that. Each iteration has had more packs than the last. Sims 2 had more than 1, 3 had more than 2, and 4 has more than 3.

The switch up in development probably has more to do with funding than the community. EA is going to do what they feel has the most money making potential, and as we have seen time and time again that usually doesn’t involve doing what the community is asking for.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i hope it's something interesting I'm pretty bord with sims 4 right now
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Agreed; I think MFP soured stuff packs for a lot of people, but they can be lots of fun, quite comprehensive, and worth the money if done well. Like you said, Laundry comes to mind, as does Bowling.

If they hadn't thrown in the additional pet content (food bowls, pet beds, etc.) I think it would have been better received. The small animals are cute and children can study them which counts as their daily homework. I use the new coffee table with the "aquarium" quite a bit -- it goes well with a lot of different furniture styles.

For those who don't want to jump down the CC rabbit hole just yet (raises hand) SPs provide a way to add content at a relatively reasonable price. Some of my favorite CASsets have come from SPs like Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and such. I got Spooky Day on sale, and while I don't throw Spooky parties or use the costumes that much, there is a weathered wood floor and some wall coverings I really like for creating accent walls especially in mansion builds (I'm waiting for some weathered/worn looking windows now). I've been getting more into decor items (especially as my Sims earn money) and SPs are a good source of those little decor pieces for fireplace mantels or dressers.

After playing a household with an elder I'd like to see an SP for that age group. More clothing that skews a bit "older", suitable activities that aren't that stressful on achy joints. Traits that would suit elders like Grouchy or Absent Minded. And I'd like elders that have either completed the Bodybuilder aspiration or are high in Fitness to be less creaky than the average elder.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    We need a Teen Stuff pack (toddlers have one, kids have one) and a pool stuff pack (with slides, lounge chairs, floating mattresses, inflatable balls etc). Now :
    - Unless they want to get fired, why would anyone at EA disclose what they're working on (ok, they didn't give any themes but still).
    - Would someone on the support chat even know ?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Controversial opinion apparently but I like stuff packs when they're well executed like laundry day, kids stuff or backyard stuff. I use the items from them pretty much all the time and they are accessible price wise compared to game packs and expansions. I don't think we needed an onslaught like in the first few years of ts4 but one or two a year would be welcome in my eyes

You're not alone! I liked them too. I'd really like a teen and/or elder SP at some point, if SPs are still a thing...