Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! How do I get regular season lengths back!

FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
I removed two mods from my Downloads folder that I thought were the ones making my seasons go for as long as 86+ days and so forth, but when I removed them out of my downloads folder the seasons length remained with the GUI messing up. This is the mod that I removed which has two package files inside of the archive.

http://modthesims.info/d/511813/real-life-for-sims-and-pets.html

I went to that page and I don't see any special uninstallation instructions so I don't know what I could do to fix this. Somebody please help!

Here is an example of what I am trying to fix.

https://i.imgur.com/rmN3sGz.png

I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    From what I see from the mod page, you can Unset Real Life.
    So put the mod back, choose this option, and see if it works.
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    From what I see from the mod page, you can Unset Real Life.
    So put the mod back, choose this option, and see if it works.

I didn't set "Real Life" for this sim and I haven't been setting "Real LIfe" for most of the sims I've been playing recently. Yet the seasons length seems unaffected and remains the same regardless of if the aging is enabled or not.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    You may have to wait until the Season changes to notice the effect. I would try using the weather machine to change the season to the next one and see if that fixes the Days until next season.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    You may have to wait until the Season changes to notice the effect. I would try using the weather machine to change the season to the next one and see if that fixes the Days until next season.

This worked, but it only worked for that one lot. The other lots continue to have that bug and I don't want all of my sims to have a weather control machine.

This worked, but it only worked for that one lot. The other lots continue to have that bug and I don't want all of my sims to have a weather control machine.

Since Seasons in Sims 2 is on a per lot basis, you will have to do that for existing lots. You can always delete the weather machine afterward if you don't want them to permanently have one.

The only other option is for them to move as that will also reset the season they are on.

Since Seasons in Sims 2 is on a per lot basis, you will have to do that for existing lots. You can always delete the weather machine afterward if you don't want them to permanently have one.

The only other option is for them to move as that will also reset the season they are on.

Will I have to do this for new lots when I move a family in or should the new lot already be adjusted to the old seasons?

Will I have to do this for new lots when I move a family in or should the new lot already be adjusted to the old seasons?

New lots will be just fine. They'll be set to 1 day left of whatever the season is in the top left corner of the Seasons wheel. You'll have to do some work if you want every lot to be on the same season.
    New lots will be just fine. They'll be set to 1 day left of whatever the season is in the top left corner of the Seasons wheel. You'll have to do some work if you want every lot to be on the same season.

Is the weather machine something you can gift to other sims? Because I have an idea where I have one gift it to another then to another then back to the original source. If this is doable that means I don't have to waste aspiration points.
    I don't know if it's giftable or not. If you put it into the Sim's inventory it should be giftable.