Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heart donation

alexjoanrowwalexjoanroww Posts: 63 Member
My sim got an opportunity to donate their heart and get it replaced with a fake one. All the threads I found on this are like 10 years old and not very informative. Has any of you have this done and has it caused anything to your sims? I'm doing a legacy challenge (which I consider making it into a story) and I wanna see if anything interesting comes out of it or if it's a no no.

Comments

• Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Wow, it's harsh! It's just like when they ask you to give your kidney in the entry level position. At least they don't ask for your brain... Or your soul!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    My sim got an opportunity to donate their heart and get it replaced with a fake one. All the threads I found on this are like 10 years old and not very informative. Has any of you have this done and has it caused anything to your sims? I'm doing a legacy challenge (which I consider making it into a story) and I wanna see if anything interesting comes out of it or if it's a no no.

I've never heard of this. If it were me, and I really wanted to see what would happen, I'd do SaveAs before going ahead with it just in case I didn't like what happens. SaveAs will allow you to go back to the point before you chose to go ahead with it and continue on as if nothing had happened - other than you will then know the results.

If you do it, please post some pictures and extra info so we can all find out more about this interesting event. I'm assuming it's Sims 3 you're talking about and not some other series. But in any case, Save As and use a new name first before continuing with something that might have inconvenient results.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    There are several rabbithole opportunities in TS3’s medical career that request your Sim donate various things in order to get a raise: pancreas, mucous, kidneys, brain tissue, and heart. All give a §10 permanent raise. Your Sim will also get a “sore” moodlet (-10 for 6 hours) for all but the mucous donation. Upon completing the heart opportunity, you get the raise, the negative moodlet and a §2K bonus.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    Let me guess, then you can go see the Great and All Powerful Wizard of Sim to get these things back again (except for the mucous). He lives at the end of the Yellow Brick Road, right? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited March 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    Let me guess, then you can go see the Great and All Powerful Wizard of Sim to get these things back again (except for the mucous). He lives at the end of the Yellow Brick Road, right? ;)

Well, you could try. But I've heard he is a humbug and a very bad wizard. He's most likely to offer you substitutes from his little black bag in lieu of brains and hearts, like honorary degrees in thinkology and ticking clocks.

However, there is a shot at getting some actual mucous if you contact Egon Spengler, Ghostbuster or Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. :tongue:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    There are several rabbithole opportunities in TS3’s medical career that request your Sim donate various things in order to get a raise: pancreas, mucous, kidneys, brain tissue, and heart. All give a §10 permanent raise. Your Sim will also get a “sore” moodlet (-10 for 6 hours) for all but the mucous donation. Upon completing the heart opportunity, you get the raise, the negative moodlet and a §2K bonus.

That explains why I have never experienced these opportunities. I rarely play that career.