Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got totally bored with sims 4, will seasons rekindle my interest ?

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
I haven’t played sims 4 since Jungle pack came out. I bought jungle pack, played for just a bit and got totally bored. A few days ago I started the game and shut it down in 10 minutes. So basically I am totally bored with sims 4 at this point. So I am wondering, will seasons rekindle my interests? Watching YouTube , it doesn’t look like such a step change, as the most significant addition seems to be cosmetic (visually different in each seasons). Any thought ? Thanks!

Comments

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Probably. Seasons would probably just keep you more busy. Seasons comes with a calendar and several new holidays and special days.

Besides the pretty ordinary holidays like Harvest fest, winter fest and new year, seasons brings special days like love day, tv season premier, neighborhood brawl with fights, talk like a pirate day, lottery day, prank day and new skill day,
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks. These special days do sound fun as a concept but from what I watched it is more like the club system in get together ? Is it significantly different from the club system ? Isn’t it just defining what you prefer to do during the special day (club gathering )?

Sorry for sounding negative but my last purchases (jungle pack and pets) have been dissappointing.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    A little bit but until they don't fix personalities & reactions the game will stay that boring after 30 minutes.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2019
    It will definitely add more to do in your game, day to day.

The holidays are fun, but after you experience them 2 or 3 times, you’re just going to find them annoying. If you don’t do all the activities for each holiday, your Sim gets a sad moodlet. Eventually, you’re just going to use the box object to decorate for each one, and ignore the activities (at least in my case).

The weather effects and seasons do make playing the game much better, as they give you something to anticipate, and they keep the game changing.

Some animations are poor quality, such as water balloon/snow fights. Sims don’t even face each other and it just looks messy, almost laughable that it made it past QA. Strange how Sims 2 was able to get it looking so nice in comparison.

I wouldn’t pay more than $20 for it. There is also the caveat that it’s still The Sims 4. For me, that means the weakest AI in the series, bugs/glitches, simulation lag, and other nuisances that keep me playing the predecessors more. Anything you buy will only add on top of it, not fix anything.
    What about get famous ? Is it any better ?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It will definitely add more to do in your game, day to day.

The holidays are fun, but after you experience them 2 or 3 times, you’re just going to find them annoying. If you don’t do all the activities for each holiday, your Sim gets a sad moodlet. Eventually, you’re just going to use the box object to decorate for each one, and ignore the activities (at least in my case).

The weather effects and seasons do make playing the game much better, as they give you something to anticipate, and they keep the game changing.

Some animations are poor quality, such as water balloon/snow fights. Sims don’t even face each other and it just looks messy, almost laughable that it made it past QA. Strange how Sims 2 was able to get it looking so nice in comparison.

I wouldn’t pay more than $20 for it. There is also the caveat that it’s still The Sims 4. For me, that means the weakest AI in the series, bugs/glitches, simulation lag, and other nuisances that keep me playing the predecessors more. Anything you buy will only add on top of it, not fix anything.

You can avoid this by deleting the traditions from the holiday and just playing it however you want. Sort of like unchecking the goaled event toggle on social events.

ETA: You do have to keep an eye on the calendar though, because holidays can only be edited before they occur. But once you edit them they will stay the way you made them for the entirety of the save unless you go back in and change them again. You can also create your own holidays and delete the premade ones that ship with the pack, again though deleting has to be done before the holiday occurs. your created holiday(s) will also cycle through for the remainder of your save unless you delete them. The calendar also allows you to plan social events in advance i.e. Birthday parties, weddings, etc.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    There's only a chance they'll get a sad moodlet. I've had plenty of sims blow off a holiday (usually the pop up ones) and while they get a message that the holiday was lame, they aren't sad about it.

jimbbq wrote: »
    I'd say Seasons added a lot more to my game than Get Famous. The acting career is pretty fun, but it also added some really irritating things (like everyone getting distracted by celebrities, all the dang time, on public lots ... including people who are WORKING).

But honestly, if you're tired of the Sims, you're tired of the Sims.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Thanks. These special days do sound fun as a concept but from what I watched it is more like the club system in get together ? Is it significantly different from the club system ? Isn’t it just defining what you prefer to do during the special day (club gathering )?

They are not related to clubs. The special days come with some activities to do in order to make the day succesful, and some have impact to the whole world.

For instance, on neighborhood brawl day, you might experience fights everywhere, and on special days with tricks or cheats, you might get visits from children and teenagers asking for candies or taking candies from a spooky candy bowl placed outside the house. TV season premier day only means the sims have a goal of watching the season premier which is only available at the tv that day. Love day is made for sims being romantic to their significant others. Winter fest is much like Christmas except Santa is replaced by Father Winter.

I don't care whether you are negative or not. Just take it or leave it.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Yes. GF is the best EP for me.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    My favorites are get together and vampires. The other games are enjoyable if you are already having fun playing sims but aren’t game changers. (In my opinion. I’m also not a family player).
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    As far as seasons goes, I just deleted all the holidays that came with the game and made my own. And I didn't add any activities for the holidays either. I just want my sims to have days off without having to call in just before they disappear. In fact, I gave them a full week in the summer so they can go on holidays without having to call in every freaking morning. lol

I like the rain and the thunderstorms. I hate snow irl so I don't tend to have my sims live in worlds that have it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I always enjoy weather in any Sims game as it helps with immersing yourself. Holidays definitely seem more meaningful for Sims actually having them and seeing Sims act accordingly to them. I like seeing Sims walking around in costumes and kids coming to your home to trick or treat.

Sims actually calling mine up on love day to ask out on a date and give flowers. The present pile works really well for birthdays (which show up on the calender now if you have aging on) too and not just winterfest.

Somewhat like the club system but not really as all Sims participate in that holiday. You can set the day to have particular decor for homes or not and to have a work/school day off and choose your own holiday icon and what the holiday is. There's even a streaking tradition and things get funny and awkward seeing Sims run down the street naked.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Seasons has been a game changer for me. Which probably sounds weird since it's just weather. But I like making my own holidays and my own Sim family traditions. & that calendar is awesome for a busy household. I guess it really depends on your play style and how you like to play. I'm a family/legacy player so this pack was perfect for my play style. Get Famous, I'd recommend as well. It is challenging to meet some of the famous Sims as you can't just walk up and talk to them and it does take a little bit of effort for you to reach fame.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Season's may help a bit, and I believe it is a great pack, but what helped me, was using manage worlds and playing multiple families in a round robin method. With some of the families U use cheats, and some K play without cheats.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Seasons held my attention for about a month, Get Famous about a week. I have to say I was not really excited about Seasons, but it adds a lot and is currently my favorite. The calendar options are great. Watching sims react to weather after eternal summer is hilarious. First rain and snow they run outside and look up at the sky like 'the gods have blessed us'. Also lightning and the demon gnome tradition. Hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    I have found seasons really interesting. Once I learned how to edit the holidays, that made holidays more interesting, too. Rotational play has helped a lot as well. I don't follow a set pattern, but it's neat to be at one household and see my other sims walking around/making friends, etc. I think Seasons has made those interactions more interesting. I also like the Scout after-school activity and that gardening is no longer a free for all where plants are harvestable all the time. It is a little annoying sometimes, but now my gardening sims are no longer quickly and unreasonably wealthy farmers.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The best thing with Seasons, might be that it adds so much to all your existing worlds. Not only visually, but you will need to plan your events differently. Sims can die from freezing in Winter and overheat in Summer. You won't enjoy a picnic in rain, or thunderstorms to ruin your romantic date. Going to Granite Springs (if you have Outdoor Retreat) is very different in different seasons, and on top of that you won't know how the weather will affect your stay. Worlds have different climate, but the weather will not be the same two years in a row. When I got this pack, it took me 3 or 4 years to see snow in San Myshuno. Even walking the streets or visiting the local park feels very different throughout the year.

The calendar is a great feature, not just to keep track on the seasons, but it actually gives you a push, and a feeling the time passes. It's very flexible, but adding a larger sense of time is something I did not know I was missing, but it totally revitalized the game for me.

So, yah... I'd get Seasons :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    You do have to keep an eye on the calendar though, because holidays can only be edited before they occur.

You can edit them up to before the end of the Holiday day. Canceling needs to be done before the Holiday begins.
    I've been editing on the day of in my last two saves. I just came out of game where my fame tester had her Christmas holiday. I had to untick the day off because she needed to go to her audition that evening. When I realized Father Winter wasn't coming by about 10:30 pm, I eliminated him as a tradition. Come 2 am, she got her notification that Christmas was successful. :)

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    what is ur gameplay style? Maybe switching up to a totally different style would refresh the game for u?
    VbXPSzu.png
    Thanks for all the feedback. I often play normally focusing mainly one sim from toddler to old age. I find it hard to play multiple sims at once which I enjoyed doing in ts3. I tried rotational but it didn’t work well for me. To be fair I clocked several hundred hours over the life span of ts4 so it is Probbaly fatigue setting in like in most games. I Probbaly will get seasons and see how it goes.