Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons toggle button in build mode

It is a bit of an inconvenience right now to build cause you have to wait for seasons to change to see your build in different seasons.
I know you can build going in from world map but sometimes you gotta try the routing with sims or you're playing the game and wanna build something quickly. Doing it from the world map can be very inconvenient for someone who plays and builds.
Also, to change the weather/season every time you wanna build is inconvenient too. Limiting unnecessarily. I like seasons but it greatly limited building for me. Especially with landscaping.
Maybe there is a way I haven't figured out yet, to do it conveniently.

So I'd like a seasons toggle button in build mode if possible.
I added the poll just to see how many people would agree with this.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Seasons toggle button in build mode 257 votes

Yes for seasons toggle button in build mode
96%
redrogue60aprilrosecraftaholicSimmySimianlisamwittmcruddSimburianirishdragon7SimQueenie9KementariBeardedgeekkerryemmiebethMariefoxprice83Alysha1988SimpkinJestTruluthienrisingzagboorulesBariSaxyJudiland 249 votes
No for seasons toggle button in build mode
3%
storyyAlrynnfriendlysimmersBagoas77Jon the WizardVivi_WillowTreeEvie0602ZzMANzZ 8 votes

Comments

• ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    YES! Please add this!
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I do build and find it quite frustrating having to wait for the weather to change, I have set up a separate save file for my building but sometimes you have to wait for the rain to stop or the cloudy weather to leave which can take several Sim days..some homes I haven't been playtesting because of this issue, but homes with use of terrain tools I have to check before sharing. (I realize you can change the weather from which ever season you want using a cheat which I do use, but that is not guaranteeing good weather)
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I don't have Seasons so I'm genuinely surprised this isn't a feature.
    We already have a morning,evening, and night toggle so a clear skies one shouldn't be too crazy.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Search_BeyondSearch_Beyond Posts: 5 New Member
    I especially dislike doing the landscaping during the winter and fall seasons, the plants look so lifeless and dreary. It's hard to see what looks good.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Nothing to complain about here, an excellent ideal, is an excellent ideal.👍
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    The worst problem I've had with weather while building was when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with a roof section during a blizzard. A toggle would definitely have been helpful then. I know how to change the season, but didn't feel like doing it in that save just for the one build.
    image.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    One thing I'd like is the function we had in Sims 3 where we could set the game to place furnishings according to the season. Obviously we have the decoration box which lets us change outside decorations but it would be great if we could auto-set the Christmas tree to appear only in winter, and the same with wreaths and anything else we fancied.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    Yes, emphatically! I've been putting seasonal items in and out of inventory manually.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah that's so annoying while building to have mud everywhere.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 1998Ruby19981998Ruby1998 Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, it's annoying when you want to change landscape in winter. Everything is covered up!
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Yes, this would definitely be a handy feature to have. I've been waiting several sim days just to take some photos of my builds where the plants outside look half decent instead of half dead!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'd like that, so if I build a cabin for instance or a christmassy house I don't to wait until it's winter to post it. Being able to take off the outside seasonal decorations (or put them on) would be handy too.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    YES YES YES, PLEASE.
    This is so necessary for builders! When landscaping, it is a pain in the plum if you happen to be building in autumn or winter for example.
    Also the other way around if you want to build a winter themed lot or a halloween park or whatever.
    Currently I have 4 different saves for building so I can see the build in whatever season I need/want to and it is exhausting to jump from one to the other all the time. Not to mention the space it takes on my computer.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I said they should do that long before it came out!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes! It would be a lot more convenient if builders could show off their builds in different seasons. I also find it very frustrating when I'm trying to capture that perfect screenshot and the weather is all wrong. There is a cheat to change weather though if you're willing to use the all cheats mod - http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/cheats.php
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    Fantastic idea :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yes! It would be a lot more convenient if builders could show off their builds in different seasons. I also find it very frustrating when I'm trying to capture that perfect screenshot and the weather is all wrong. There is a cheat to change weather though if you're willing to use the all cheats mod - http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/cheats.php

thanks but I build as I play and I don't wanna mess up the seasons and holidays. That's why it's extra inconvenient.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

thanks but I build as I play and I don't wanna mess up the seasons and holidays. That's why it's extra inconvenient.

Me too. I only used it for photos once purely out of necessity without overwriting my main save. As you've said it would be nice if we didn't have to do this, similar to how we are able to change the time of day in build mode. :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I can't understand why anyone would vote "no" for this. :/
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I can't understand why anyone would vote "no" for this. :/

Contrarian
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No for seasons toggle button in build mode
    I'd rather that their finite time and efforts be used to fix bugs for this content... and the iteration as a whole.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    That would be a wonderful, awesome, fabulous tool!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited March 2019
    Definitely! Past iterations took away the snow in build mode, since this one doesn't, building is impossible. I had to make my Sim use the weather control machine to set it to hot and wait for the snow to melt. Then had her set it back to snow. Not a game ending issue obviously, but certainly an annoyance, particularly since my Sim is a vampire with thin skin.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Yes this would be so helpful :) !