Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think my sim is having a glitch.

Hi, I'm new to The Sims 4 and I'm still getting used to the way the game play is different from The Sims 3. My sim was reading a book on the couch when I noticed she was tired. So I clicked on the bed and chose sleep. Being used to Sims 3 I thought she would either put the book away or put it in her inventory. But instead she walked to the bedroom still holding the book. She climbed into bed but immediately got out again and got back in. Then she got out again, went around to the other side and got back in, still holding the book. So now she seems stuck in a loop, getting in and out of bed holding the book, getting tireder and tireder, unable to put the book away or stay in bed and sleep.
Why won't she put the book away?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited March 2019
    @spankenstein89 Have you tried shift-clicking on her & choosing "reset object"?
  • Options
    spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    Will that reset the book or the sim?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Will that reset the book or the sim?

sim
  • Options
    Okay my sim has been reset and the book appeared on the floor. I had her put it away, and she's sleeping finally but the question remains, what was going on?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Okay my sim has been reset and the book appeared on the floor. I had her put it away, and she's sleeping finally but the question remains, what was going on?

The game bugs sometimes.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess. I just don't understand why she wouldn't put the book away. Thanks for all your answers.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it's not something that happens a lot though. As in in a game breaking way. But little things like that can happen.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It is the multitasking most likely. Sims 4 sims can multitask but it causes a lot of problems - like trying to read a book and sleep at the same time is not possible. Wait until you see a sim eat their meal while using the toilet - that is possible and they do do it - weirder stories!. The task queue is also pretty glitchy - tasks not done in the order you assigned them, tasks dropping out, tasks not cancelling. A lot of people also have a lot of lag in the game which affects if and when a task cancels. You can try cancelling the read task next time but it does not always work. Resetting sims and objects often is the only way to clear the queue and get them back to normal.