Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Conspiracy theories: Strangerville (beware, possible spoilers)

Who brought Mother in town? Aliens? Scientists? Roswell? If so, did he knew about it? Is the military part of the conspiracy? Does it know what it's protecting? Or mib? Or are they all controlled?

Is mother benevolent? Or a threat for sims? What does she want?

Share your crazy theories here. ;P
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There was something mentioned in the game where something had crashed and left the crater where the lab is located at.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's all about what you want it to be, really. i'm glad they left it vague. though, yeah, there's mention of a crash (that caused the crater). so, if you want it to be, it could be a crashed alien transport of some sort. or, if you prefer, it was a meteor that just happened to have the plant or its fruit on it. (i, personally, am going with the latter, just because aliens are already such an integral part of my game)

ted roswell was probably one of the first to encounter the plant and be infected by it. he pushed to get the base and secret lab built, then worked on nurturing the plant (he may not have been infected at this time, though). so he's a big part of whatever conspiracy by default. you, of course, could change that up in your personal story, especially if you've deleted him and the other townies

george cahill's plane was brought down by a 'flash of light' over the crater. that could have been something mother-related (esp if she were from an alien ship, i suppose) or that the lab whipped up as protection. there's a good chance it could have been some of the red lightning we see later, too, if the mother were flexing her muscles, so to speak. i actually used this in one of my own stories, an alien who was joyriding through the desert (nothing more fun than freaking out the locals!) when her ship was hit by the same light. so she had to disguise herself and figure out what was going on so she could escape without getting shot again once the ship was repaired

i do know that by the end of the story, the entire military seems to be infected, so it seems that happens on purpose. now, the question is, was it actually started purposefully (a way to make super soldiers, of a sort) or were they infiltrated slowly? i'm sure, either way, some of the higher ups were involved in the conspiracy. the question for your individual save is 'were those higher ups infected or did they just make their underlings get infected for the benefits'

as for the sib (sims in black), they know something is up. esp with the way they'll show up to take fridges and growing plants. they just may not know details other than 'this is dangerous for simanity'

and, on the mother angle...i actually personally tend to look at the answer to those first two questions is "yes, to both". she likely considers herself benevolent, bringing order and peace to such fractured creatures. and she's also a threat because that very order and peace destroys the individuality many sims are happy with. so there will be plenty that embrace her (once they find she exists) and plenty that oppose her. i'm sorely tempted to make a cult that worships her, the same way others have done in their own games

and...on a different, yet slightly related note, i'm working on actual conspiracy theories of my own. mostly those that don't involve the mother at all. because my next played sim is a paranoid conspiracy theorist (and actually an edited strangerville conspiracy theorist townie) who frequently vlogs about his 'findings'. now, whether those are true or not is another story, entirely...
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    StrangerVille is definitely strange. Sara (my sim) answered the door, and invited this pitiful, frail looking man into her house. He begged her to destroy this "Mother Plant" stating she is very powerful.....more powerful than him!

Sara was curious and decided to figure out what was going on in this town. She tried to befriend the "Mother", but Sara noticed this plant was packed full of power. Sara left, and started asking questions and digging around town. She realized the Military and Scientists was too scared to go it alone, and wasn't sure what to think of "Mother" and all her babies planted all over town. All Sara knew is that you don't go messing with the babies.....Mother does not like that at all! All Mother wanted was a quiet, deserted town to grow her babies in o:)

The pieces were finally coming together for Sara. After multiple meetings with the frail man, he admitted to infecting this woman (whom he loved atm) and then thru her away like a piece of trash (thus creating the trash plant). Mother didn't take that well, became furious, and became bigger and more powerful than him! Yep, he convinced his "friends" to help him dump her off in StrangerVille.

Funny thing is, Sara never saw him again, or his friends. She did find out his name before he left though...... Vlad :D Sara asked him why he brought "Mother" to town! His reply......He wanted no part of the "100 baby challenge"
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've got my own take on it. One of my originals, Jonny Carbella was an interstellar smuggler during his astronaut career and was paid quite handsomely to retrieve the "mind control" plant. He didn't know it was government operatives who wanted it for their own mind control experiments of SimCitizens.

Jonny decided to join the scientist career once his space travels were done, but he was never given clearance to many parts of the lab.....

He was at work that fateful day when everyone made a run for it. It wasn't something that came from outside that caused the crater.....It was something WITHIN that caused it. It was chaos! Sirens going, everyone running and even breaking down the fences to get out.

Several levels just caved.....as if something had altered the terrain. He has his suspicions, but can never, ever, share it. hush money is BIG money.

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Thanks for sharing. @kalaksed I know there aren't official answer, but I was curious to know what the other players had come up with. I'm still forging my own theory. It's kind of wacky for now. I want to play all the families at the same time and end up playing none. ;P
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Who's the sim who represents the highest threat level for the secret services? I think Dylan is. Maybe the pilot too.