Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zerbu "Turbo Careers" Mod Help!

Cggraham3Cggraham3 Posts: 56 Member
I recently picked up the Zerbu Turbo Careers mod (along w/ the Politics and Go to School mod) and they're all properly extracted and in the Mods folder (in .package format). I set up a ton of venues in Newcrest that have the respective turbo careers (yes, they are lots specifically designed for the mod). They are also all set to the proper lot type.

However, when I play my sim, when it's time for her to go to work she simply walks out to the street and vanishes without any prompt to follow. I have Script Mods enabled, and in the View Custom Content it shows that the mods are in fact there, so I'm really not sure what's wrong with it and was hoping someone would have an answer?
Streamer | Simmer

Comments

• Cggraham3Cggraham3 Posts: 56 Member
    Sorry to double post and sorry for making a post--I legit just figured it out right after posting. Thanks for anyone who was going to help!
    Streamer | Simmer
  • KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    I have the same problem!
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Kattycake wrote: »
    I have the same problem!

Hello @Kattycake
    I will quote what Zerbu wrote on the mods page in case it may help your issue

Sometimes, when downloading a lot from the gallery, the game won’t automatically register it to the career events system. After downloading a work lot from the gallery or placing one from your library, set the lot type to something random, exit build mode, enter build mode again then set the lot type to the correct type. If this is your first time using the mod, I strongly suggest saving before sending a Sim to work for the first time, just to make sure you didn’t make any mistakes. If you fail to do this, you won’t receive the option to follow your Sim to work, and the venue may behave in other strange ways.
    This only seems to apply to custom venue types, so you won’t need to do this to every lot to be able to receive field work on it.
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/124858208132/the-sims-4-turbo-careers-mod-pack
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    I downloaded the turbo careers mod and the venues for it. I also tried it and I love this mod, most careers work almost perfectly, BUT I am having troubles with one career, the TECH GURU career. I placed a tech studio in the game several times, changed the lot tipe then changed back and still I dont get the option to join my sim working as a tech guru. All other careers are working good but this one... Please help me what can be the problem? Is it a conflict with another mod? but I don't have any mod related to tech guru career.
  • FilipinoDudeFilipinoDude Posts: 3 New Member
    I got the turbo careers mod, and when I went to make a restaurant in build mode, I couldn't make the lot into a restaurant.
  • 123nbahal123nbahal Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm also having the same problem. Once my sim needs to work, she just resets and it forces a last exception error instead. I did set the venue to generic and the workplace again, twice. It still shows the error. I removed all possible mod conflicts. Is it possible that the mod is outdated?
  • M47730770M47730770 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi ! I got quite the same problem : my sims just leaves his home and goes to work, without asking me if I want to follow him or not. I have created a lot for his career (astronaut), which complies with the checklist on Zerbu's tumblr. I even tried to set the lot on "generic" and then on "Astronaut center" again, but nothing worked... Does anyone have a solution for this ?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    M47730770 wrote: »
    Hi ! I got quite the same problem : my sims just leaves his home and goes to work, without asking me if I want to follow him or not. I have created a lot for his career (astronaut), which complies with the checklist on Zerbu's tumblr. I even tried to set the lot on "generic" and then on "Astronaut center" again, but nothing worked... Does anyone have a solution for this ?

It might be more helpful to post your question on Zerbu's discord since this thread never seems to produce solutions:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/r9SrU9B
  • krashsite555krashsite555 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't have the icon in build mode that allows you to add a venue, help! I've downloaded everything correctly!
  • 123nbahal123nbahal Posts: 11 New Member
    So I have a completely different problem. My sim is a musician, and she's supposed to go to different venues. She does goes to those venues, and she can do some tasks, except there's nobody else there. She's all alone. Most of the tasks are talking to people. What do I do?
  • GiGiDeeGiGiDee Posts: 1 New Member
    Some mods require packages to prompt the mod. This is also known as a behavior. I think that get to work is required for this mod, otherwise, your mod may not work because of one of these other reasons. 1-A patch update conflicts with a config/script, 2-Corrupted configs/scripts that came with the download, 3-Conflicting mods 4-The mod is outdated or is copied