Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies maxing athletic skill at magical speed by just standing around

I started up Sims 3 again on my new computer. I do have mods, like NRAAS overwatch/relativity and others, and a loong lifespan with NRAAS setting relative skills. Yada yada yada. The game mostly works right, but...

I started to get an old problem pretty quickly. Townies who are just standing around are maxing up their athletic skills (or would if I let them be). I tried saving, exiting and reloading. Claire stopped surging her athletic skill, but now a teen is doing it too. I had the game reloaded for just two minutes before he idly magic-skilled and I had to save and exit AGAIN.

If that's the only fix I can't play this game for even 5 minutes (in the Sim summer I guess). I guess the townies had gone swimming, but I don't know. :( I have NRAAS telling me all sorts of things, and not only is this one a nag but I don't want a full town of super athletes after playing a Sim week. :(

It's ruining my return to Sims 3. Is there ANY other "fix" other than quitting and reloading? :( I'm really at a loss and desperate. I NEVER start threads or ask for help. :(
"Challenge everything"
My Game Twitter
tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Are you saying that the sims are clearly not doing anything athletic-related and still gaining points? (They're not at the gym or swimming or whatever.) I know there's some bug where athletic skill gains keep happening after a sim has quit working out, but I'm not clear on all the details. If Overwatch isn't handling the issue, you could try a MasterController reset: click on the sim and select NRaas > MC > Advanced > Reset Sim. If that doesn't help, try evicting the sim's household in Edit Town and moving them back in.

After the fact, you can use MC remove any skill gains you think a sim shouldn't have. The option is under MC > Advanced > Skill Level, and you'll need the MC cheats add-on as well.

If this isn't quite what you're seeing, maybe this is an issue with StoryProgression pushing skill gains too quickly, but from your description, it does sound like that bug that was never fully addressed by EA.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with asking for help, whether you need it to fix your game or just want a second opinion. No one knows everything about the game, even after all these years, and it's better to ask than to try to fight the game's more stubborn glitches on your own. Besides, the people who respond here do so because we enjoy helping; no one's ever going to complain about a new help thread.