Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurants- getting worse and worse

I loved restaurants when the pack came out. I have at least one in every world. But over the time they became less and less fun to play. People getting up all the time, not eating their food, or eating it on a sofa instead of at their table, Sims stealing others meal or drinks, etc, etc. etc.
And for some time there has been the fact that every single couple that has a romantic relation becomes flirty when they go to a restaurant. I felt it was too much. But the last straw came with the last patch. Now every single couple having a romantic relation will stand up and have a passionate kiss at one moment or another. Sometimes I have 3 couples doing it at the same time. It is ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2019
    A couple of things to look at is there a romance lot trait attached to the restaurant and or do you have any mods like MCCC or any autonomous mods? Both of these will cause what you are seeing in your restaurant.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    If you use mods, try this lifesaver http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13758-world-sim-control-10-restaurants-dine-out-gp/& you'll need to register to access the mod, but it's worth it.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @LaBlue0314 No, there is no romance lot trait attached to the restaurants. I do have the MCCC but I do not know how it can cause that because I have no settings for autonomous flirt, or mariage, or anything like that.

@Teslachick2 Thank you. I will dig into this mod.
  • Options
    YammzzYammzz Posts: 25 Member
    I understand your frustration. For the most part restaurants have run smoothly for me, but there are times when things happen like my Sims never receiving their food or their being no host/hostess.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    You can reduce the greetings with a mod like http://modthesims.info/d/611113/sims-pre-greeting-kiss-hug-video-test-nuker-circumventor.html this removes the greetings that sims do all the time. A feature in my opinion that should have never been implemented. I don't think a single maxis developer ever sits down and eats with their family in the game.
  • Options
    dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    Sounds like Applebee's on a Friday night. Are you sure your complaint isn't that its now too realistic?
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I feel your pain Ziafar. The last few families I've taken out to eat never received their food. They got a waiter quickly enough, ordered their food, sat in the tables like good little sims and waited for hours and hours. I had to pay the bill and take them home eventually so that they could eat and not be late for work the next morning.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I feel your pain Ziafar. The last few families I've taken out to eat never received their food. They got a waiter quickly enough, ordered their food, sat in the tables like good little sims and waited for hours and hours. I had to pay the bill and take them home eventually so that they could eat and not be late for work the next morning.

Is this a new build or a restaurant that you’ve used a lot before? Make sure there aren’t any routing issues in your restaurant’s kitchen. There were a few times when my sims never got their meals. So I looked at the kitchen and saw a covered dish waiting to be picked up, but noticed that the server kept waiving and shrugging instead of picking it up and bringing it to my sims’ table. It was because something was blocking the path. So I had to reorganize the kitchen with bb.moveobjects turned off to make sure the kitchen functioned correctly.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I use the “no stand up to greet” mod, and was able to successfully have 8 Sims enjoy a night out at a restaurant (with only 4 being controllable Sims too). I would also suggest the mods that stop Celebs, Fans, and paparazzi if you have GF, since they can cause chaos as well.
    xYq3oDo.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I dont have any of these issues except sometimes sims will have conversations with sims at another table (They dont get up)

Also celebrities will disrupt eating until i downloaded a mod.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    My sim recently opened their own restaurant and found it such a stressful experience they sold it about 3 days later. It was winter and it kept being stormy and causing muddy puddles, which the waiter had to keep running off to clean up, or play in the rain, so I didn't have enough staff in the restaurant to keep it running! My sim couldn't take the plates to the tables, so we were all just standing there waiting for the waiter to come back from enjoying himself in the rain and serve the customers their meals. And then off he went outside for hours again... :s
  • Options
    @logion Thank you for the suggestion. I will have a look at the mod.

@dfstone Do you mean that at Applebees every couple stand up to make a passionate kiss, that waiters do not clean the dishes and that everyone steals everyone else's meal? If that is reality I will never go to Applebee's ;)

@duhboy2u2 That sounds like an interesting evening!

@joyofliving37 No, it is not a new restaurant and it happens il all of my retaurants. And yes routing is something to be careful of.

@Kita5399 Where do you find these 2 mods? Celebrities in a restaurant really kill the experience.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I loved restaurants when the pack came out. I have at least one in every world. But over the time they became less and less fun to play. People getting up all the time, not eating their food, or eating it on a sofa instead of at their table, Sims stealing others meal or drinks, etc, etc. etc.
    And for some time there has been the fact that every single couple that has a romantic relation becomes flirty when they go to a restaurant. I felt it was too much. But the last straw came with the last patch. Now every single couple having a romantic relation will stand up and have a passionate kiss at one moment or another. Sometimes I have 3 couples doing it at the same time. It is ridiculous.

oops, guilty. I have my sims bag up other sims meals at times :#
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited March 2019

@Kita5399 Where do you find these 2 mods? Celebrities in a restaurant really kill the experience.

LittleMsSam celebs-undercover mod on her tumblr
    And No standing to greet mod from Yakfarm on Mod the Sims

Edit: another handy mod is the “teleport any sim mod” it allows you to click any sim (think annoying celeb) and choose a “just go away” option and they immediately leave the lot. You can find it at Sims 4 studio by Andrew
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

And that isn't all. When Celebs go to the restuarent all the sims get up and swoon them. This messes up dates.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My restaurants work quite well at the moments, my only complaint is that waiters still drop the dirty dishes everywhere.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    This is one pack I've wanted for quite a while, I have hesitated getting this and get famous because I've watch a few youtubers having a bit of a problem with restaurants in particular..and I think with their awesome gaming computers there would be no way that it would run well on my computer.
  • Options
    Thank you very much @Kita5399

@catloverplayer Cho is particularly annoying. She will cheer and call the Sims to come to her.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I have not played restaurants in a while as owner, but my sims have visited them. Also sims with fame stars. It works well when guests are not too famous, like 1 or 2 starts is ok. Guests more famous than that might cause chaos. I planned to open a restaurant only for celebrities, but I guess the staff would still be starstruck so to save their lives I decided to drop my project.

Would papparazzi stay out if 3 fame stars was required to get inside, or would they still "neak in" ?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My only issue with restaurants is my Sims always standing and walking around. Basically, doing anything other than sitting and eating. :#

I will have to check out the mods above.