Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rags to Riches with Seasons

2...Next

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m wondering about this as well as I do this sometimes too. I think the tent may help to cool them off. You could also set up a national park in a lot very close and add a natural looking pool and consider it a little pond they go to swim in. Or you could buy the kiddie pool and consider that it’s filled with rain and your sims happened to find it laying on the road one day and decided to use it. The outdoor shower tarp may be an idea too.
  • ilil92ilil92 Posts: 7 New Member
    Um... Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I hope the tents won't protect them unless it's in the shade. Have you been in a tent standing in the sun a hot summer day? It's a sauna in there!
  • sourgreendollysourgreendolly Posts: 18 Member
    > @ilil92 said:
    > Um... Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I hope the tents won't protect them unless it's in the shade. Have you been in a tent standing in the sun a hot summer day? It's a sauna in there!

That's a really good point. Might be best to start in Spring or build a community pool nearby like others have said. It shouldn't be cheating if the way the game works changes imo
  • towerhilltowerhill Posts: 1 New Member
    I started the Rags to Riches challenge for the first time on any version of the Sims last week... Darn founder worked his butt off, managed to become overweight eating very sporadically and hiking around to fish all the time, finally completed his little home and his first aspiration (that 20th fish was a birch to catch!), married the librarian, and immediately had mod-free/cheat-free twins. Everyone is hungry, tired, and crying in my little starter house. Founder will keep trucking and take care of the kids as needed, but mom just keeps sneaking out to eat cake offered by founder's cowplant, then goes and cries in bed while the twin toddlers get hangry. :/ (Both twins just aged up to children and both randomly rolled the Perfectionist trait, so hopefully they can help me get the house in order!)
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    @towerhill To be honest the chaos is part of why I like this challenge so much :s
    If the mom eating the cowplant's cake all the time gets too annoying, you could always put a fence around it and allow access to your founder only :) (when you can afford it)
    But it will probably be easier now that the twins are children!
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Just started a Rags to Riches sim yesterday, using the rules found at ModTheSims. I started in winter and had no problem. Wearing the right clothes was all it took to avoid freezing, even in the coldest weather, and my Sim spent most of the first week in the library anyway. He was using the library's computers to earn money by programming (Hack, Make Plugin) and writing.

Dylan (my Sim) did spend a couple days at Granite Falls, using the chessboard and woodworking table at the national park to learn logic and handiness. He also bought a tent from the ranger shack as soon as he arrived in camp. He started out making statues which I could sell from his personal inventory, then moved on to furniture which had to be sold from the household inventory after he got back home. I still haven't placed anything on his lot, which is one of the rules for the challenge I'm following until I complete certain requirements, so he hasn't spent more than a few minutes at home to pay his bills and publish his first 5 books.