Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    When teenagers do their homework in a playful mood, they will periodically pick up the book and act like it's a puppet. It's hard to describe. They basically open and close the book a couple times as if the book was talking. It's so goofy and cute.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Walrus2096 wrote: »
    When teenagers do their homework in a playful mood, they will periodically pick up the book and act like it's a puppet. It's hard to describe. They basically open and close the book a couple times as if the book was talking. It's so goofy and cute.

I've seen that. It's hilarious with sound on too as they do a funny puppet voice with it too
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Childish adults do it too, afaik.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Today I learned that the cats in the game will stalk the mouse hole, if you have one in your house, and shake their backsides lol. It was so cute! I also didn't know that a mouse will eventually come out and they will pounce on it, or at least try to. :)

Also, when my sims cat was meowing it woke my irl cat up and he laid on the bed looking around lol.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Today I learned that the cats in the game will stalk the mouse hole, if you have one in your house, and shake their backsides lol. It was so cute! I also didn't know that a mouse will eventually come out and they will pounce on it, or at least try to. :)

Also, when my sims cat was meowing it woke my irl cat up and he laid on the bed looking around lol.
    :o
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member

I think about all adults do it. My bookworm does it and he doesn't have childish traits. My goofball Sim does it and I've seen quite a few randos in the library do it, but not sure on their personalities, just my boys.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member

I think about all adults do it. My bookworm does it and he doesn't have childish traits. My goofball Sim does it and I've seen quite a few randos in the library do it, but not sure on their personalities, just my boys.

Any sim, regardless of traits, in a playful mood, while reading any book will do it
    vahlH8L.jpg
    Yiy1NfF.jpg
  • Options
    afai1261 wrote: »

Any sim, regardless of traits, in a playful mood, while reading any book will do it
    vahlH8L.jpg
    Yiy1NfF.jpg

"Look at this Eldrish Tome. It's talking to me!" :D
  • Options
    PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    > @Jasonschick80 said:
    > Today I learned that the cats in the game will stalk the mouse hole, if you have one in your house, and shake their backsides lol. It was so cute! I also didn't know that a mouse will eventually come out and they will pounce on it, or at least try to. :)
    >
    > Also, when my sims cat was meowing it woke my irl cat up and he laid on the bed looking around lol.

This is amazing! I need to test this in one of my households, so cute :)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Another little thing maybe someone else posted it before and I forgot, I didn't know when sims meditated it would show you what came to mind, even if you're not controlling them.
    jNlIige.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    glRiCkw.png
    Apparently, after a toddler is bitten by another toddler they get a bite mark! I just noticed that. That's a super cute little detail!

Ouch! Poor kid
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    With the new "Remove from Family" option in debug mode, it is possible to have a family solely comprised of a baby! You can't do anything until they age up and the household portrait is a blank blue square. Adding another sim via "cas.fulleditmode" means you cannot remove the sim to only have the baby in the household.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I used the remove from family option and the sim I did it to disappeared leaving her husband as a single father..but that was her fault for interrupting my sims V-day dinner.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I didn't know you can use vaults on community lots! Now I'm going to build a bank. No more extremely high bills, lol.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I didn't know you can use vaults on community lots! Now I'm going to build a bank. No more extremely high bills, lol.

Wow! This could actually provide some interesting game play changes! I just got Get Famous so I'm interested in trying this out ^^
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If a mean sim gains the good manners trait (from Parenthood), they become embarrassed when they make a mean interaction.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that the Bonsai Tree that came with the base game gave Gardening Skill but if you have Seasons it also raises Flower Arranging
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the Bonsai Tree that came with the base game gave Gardening Skill but if you have Seasons it also raises Flower Arranging

I just learned that too!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    I didn't know that if you sing a karaoke ballad duet with a lover, they clasp hands and harts starts flying all over the place.
    That's soooooooo adorable!!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I didn't know that if you sing a karaoke ballad duet with a lover, they clasp hands and harts starts flying all over the place.
    How do you get them to do that? I've had a Sim couple sing a ballad before and they didn't do that. Both their relationship bars are maxed, Am I missing something?

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't know that I could click on the little x for clothing categories in the character creation. All this time I was stuck using the limited options for formal wear when I could of accessed more options.
  • Options
    How do you get them to do that? I've had a Sim couple sing a ballad before and they didn't do that. Both their relationship bars are maxed, Am I missing something?

Beats me. They just did it last night. Maybe they have to be in a flirty mood or something.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I had no clue if you don't feed your toddler, they pull out milk and drink it to fill up a bit and they have like infinite milk although I don't know if there is a cooldown on their milk.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Dogs will sometimes hide under a bed during a bad thunderstorm. Was sooo cute.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top