Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims competitor may be in the works

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

The next few years watch Paradox movements.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Man, I hope so. Heaven knows this franchise could use some competition to prevent EA from getting complacent. TS4 is okay, but it could be better in so many areas.

But even if they're making their own version, if they're launching a studio just now, the best case scenario would be a release a few years from now, so we're not really going to see anything soon.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh wait, it's Rod Humble. :smiley:

*flashbacks to my Sims 2 households receiving a free PC from a strange man*
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • skylerxoskylerxo Posts: 7 New Member
    I hope this encourages EA to make TS5 the best game in the franchise. Paradox already destroyed Sim City, they could really make a dent with a life simulator.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    While I’m excited and curious for this because I love Paradox games, what does make me slightly hesitant is the fact that they have said for a long time it’s not something they are working on. That being said: Watch this space!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hihihi I'm so happy. Treat well this Franchise EA you are in danger. o:)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Sorry one awesome was not enough. I do not want to see the sims fail. I love this game.

If this is true it could be a good thing. I think the possibility of competition will help the future of this franchise. EA has a great opportunity here. They have the history, the nostalgia and the fanbase. Now just listen to your players. Actually listen. Give us back control of our game. Give us back choices. Lots of choices.