This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Surprise: No Patch in March.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    I wish they would fix the rodent cage bug that's completely game breaking. I can't play my favorite household until it gets fixed.

This bug is really a bummer, they should discontinue the pack until it's fixed. I'm also annoyed by pets that can't be spayed and the notorious dates on absurd lots.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    I agree that these spaced out patches are annoying but some of y'all are so dramatic. Content being "spread" isn't a new concept in Sims 4, we've been aware of this since day 1. I seriously doubt there is a need for a panic over "less content," I can almost guarantee that we'll be given a ton of content by the end of these next couple years.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Speaking of patches.

One thing that I have seen in my game that I haven’t seen before. My sim being invited to a dinner by a friend and not having to pay for it. When my sim and her friend got to the restaurant my sim ordered but everything cost 0 simoleons. When they were done they simply gave up the table and walked away. So happy, maybe this is old stuff but I haven’t seen it before.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    I wish they would fix the rodent cage bug that's completely game breaking. I can't play my favorite household until it gets fixed.

What's wrong with the cage?

@catloverplayer
    sims get stuck and lag when interacting with the rodent, the rodent dies of starvation even though it still has food, and if you sell the cage the game freezes and crashes.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999

Well with it being on answers.ea atleast SimGuruNick and Arvin know about it. I would think this would qualify as an Emergency Fix since it causes the game to crash much like the Lyd Smart Speaker did before it got an emergency patch.
  • Options

This bug is really a bummer, they should discontinue the pack until it's fixed. I'm also annoyed by pets that can't be spayed and the notorious dates on absurd lots.

Hope it's fixed before My First Pet gets ported to the Consoles. Might have been caused by the latest patch.
  • Options
    Speaking of patches.

One thing that I have seen in my game that I haven’t seen before. My sim being invited to a dinner by a friend and not having to pay for it. When my sim and her friend got to the restaurant my sim ordered but everything cost 0 simoleons. When they were done they simply gave up the table and walked away. So happy, maybe this is old stuff but I haven’t seen it before.

No that's new.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm having issues with getting my Sims into makeup on the Get Famous expansion pack which is really annoying because it is my first time doing the active acting career. The world is small and the active career isn't working and wont be for at least a month, what a disappointment this pack is.

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,660 Member
    Speaking of patches.

Was it maybe during that one holiday where sims can order things for free, or can they only do that in bars, not in restaurants? I'll have to check this later :D
  • Options
    BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm having issues with getting my Sims into makeup on the Get Famous expansion pack which is really annoying because it is my first time doing the active acting career. The world is small and the active career isn't working and wont be for at least a month, what a disappointment this pack is.

I had this issue, and I solved it with the debug cheat both on the chair and the makeup artist. I didn't need to but maybe try and repair the game, if you haven't already.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Speaking of patches.

Was it maybe during that one holiday where sims can order things for free, or can they only do that in bars, not in restaurants? I'll have to check this later :D

I hope to see it again. Don’t think that I had any holiday that day but I will come back and update the thread if she gets invited to dinner again. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member

What is the issue with the rodent cage?
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 644 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to elaborate on how disappointing this is. Bugs will haunt this game when it's all over just like what happened to TS3 hear my words....

This is sadly what I suspect. It smells exactly of the same outcome that sims 3 had before its demise. I almost feel like the devs no that there is really no fixing the game, and their hope is that they can stretch it (sims 4) out a few more years with some freebie content and maybe a good game/stuff pack, and 3 (Gasp) remaining spread out over time patches :/

I haven't even played my sims 4 game in months now, and for me, that means my love affair with the sims in general may be ending ultimately, sooner rather than later at this rate, and I have been playing sims since sims1/beginning of sims 2...it really is disheartening for us long time simmers. :| I tell you it is going to take something huge and along the lines of a sims2/sims3 combo type sims 5 iteration to get me to put more years into this franchise.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Speaking of patches.

I hope to see it again. Don’t think that I had any holiday that day but I will come back and update the thread if she gets invited to dinner again. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Is your sim a celebrity? One of the perks means they get free stuff, including food/drink at restaurants.
  • Options
    Kolby wrote: »

What is the issue with the rodent cage?

Its crashing TS4 and making it unplayable for a lot of people.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    No console patch either sadly . The game is a little laggy atm
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    filipomel wrote: »
    I agree that these spaced out patches are annoying but some of y'all are so dramatic. Content being "spread" isn't a new concept in Sims 4, we've been aware of this since day 1. I seriously doubt there is a need for a panic over "less content," I can almost guarantee that we'll be given a ton of content by the end of these next couple years.

There's no drama here. The game has many bugs that need fixing, it's not about the free content.

Let's also not forget that various worlds have floating objects that after years haven't been tweaked yet.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I'm kind of glad there is no patch this month cause I have atleast 4 or 5 mods in my game I've downloaded.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I'm kind of glad there is no patch this month cause I have atleast 4 or 5 mods in my game I've downloaded.

I hate to hear this argument so much. So you guys would rather have your mods in a broken or buggy game than having an actually working game and taking the two minutes to update your mods?
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Here I am hoping they'll finally fix simulation lag. Makes the game unplayable for me.
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member

So...The patch would remove the mods? I thought mods are allowed... (I'm pretty sure I saw a category for mods.)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I hate to hear this argument so much. So you guys would rather have your mods in a broken or buggy game than having an actually working game and taking the two minutes to update your mods?

It takes two minutes if you only have two mods. Anyway, many mods fix the buggy issues that EA might not fix in the patch. The game will always be buggy, no matter how many patches are released. It has far too many features and interactions to ever be flawless.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    SunStone02 wrote: »

So...The patch would remove the mods? I thought mods are allowed... (I'm pretty sure I saw a category for mods.)

No, people with mods have to update their mods every time there's a new patch released. Some mods become obsolete if EA fixes the issue, or some mod creators have stopped updating mods and people need to remove it permanently because it doesn't work with the new patch.

It's really not that difficult. I'd prefer a patch even if it means having to update my mods.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it means a big update such as better personalities in April.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

If a patch doesn’t actually address any bugs I have experienced then I find it highly annoying to have to update mods. If I don’t see anything worthwhile in the update I usually avoid it until something comes along that requires me to update it or if I want to go through the process of updating things. These days I don’t have as many mods to potentially break, but it’s still annoying for myself nonetheless. I strongly dislike the auto-disable mods feature that happens with every patch.
  • Options
    SunStone02 wrote: »

No I'd have to move them to my desktop and wait to see if they need updating.