Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'd probably be playing more Lotro and would have invested more in another MMO for sure. There are a few that I really like and have installed, but I don't have time to play everything so Sims and Lotro take the time that I have.

I also wouldn't have had these awesome conversations on these forums with so many interesting people. I probably never would have started posting on any forums if it wasn't for Sims. But instead I'd probably be writing more. It's something I really want to get back into.
    #Team Occult
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I also wouldn't have had these awesome conversations on these forums with so many interesting people. I probably never would have started posting on any forums if it wasn't for Sims.
    :relaxed: I got the same life XP right here too.

Also this game helps my English at school and work. A lot of the literary elements since Sims 1 I took, understand, and adapted in my school years. And my mom told I me not to play too much into this game. Well I sure showed her with my report card :smirk:

Too bad its only English that I passed, dismissing the other subjects :D LOL
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I also wouldn't have had these awesome conversations on these forums with so many interesting people. I probably never would have started posting on any forums if it wasn't for Sims.
    :relaxed: I got the same life XP right here too.

Also this game helps my English at school and work. A lot of the literary elements since Sims 1 I took, understand, and adapted in my school years. And my mom told I me not to play too much into this game. Well I sure showed her with my report card :smirk:

Too bad its only English that I passed, dismissing the other subjects :D LOL

That's awesome! What a fun way to learn another language. Who would have thought someone could get education from the Sims? :D
    #Team Occult
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    there's still my fashion dolls, books, netflix, game apps, overwatch
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Honestly, I probably wouldn't be a gamer and I wouldn't be into gaming computers. I probably would be writing still, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • isabellecamdenisabellecamden Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims is the top game in the market but the game always gets crashes to me. Now I am playing Dream House Days which is working well on my mobile and can tell you it's the best alternative for Sims Game. Good app for game lovers.

thanks
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'd have more time to play adventure games or other simulations.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'd probably just play one of the other great games out there. There are so many that have been purchased for me over the years that barely get any play time because I'm always like, "I'm playing the Sims right now, but it looks great. I'm sure I'll play it soon..."
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited March 2019
    The Sims and Runescape were my go to after my husband passed 13 years ago. It was my escape from grieving, put me in a different world where I didn’t have to think about the real world. If I wasn’t doing stuff with my kids, I was on the computer until I was so tired at night that when I hit the pillow I was asleep. When he was sick I had a gameboy I would play and take with me to the hospital (have a 3DS now that my daughter bought me, played animal crossing, and Minecraft with it, now I have Minecraft for the laptop too). Games were a life saver for me. I have been playing games since Atari came out about 40 years ago. I even remember playing pong with my sister-in-law. As my kids grew, I played games with them, Nintendo mostly through the years and PlayStation. Sims, Sim City, Runescape, Harvest Moon, zoo games and such, Hearts and Spades on the computer or console. When I was a child I loved paper dolls, color forms and Barbies. So The Sims being a game and like playing with dolls was right up my ally. If the Sims hadn’t come out I may have experimented with second life or still be playing runescape. But if the Sims weren’t here I might not even have a gaming laptop today, as I use my phone for so much now. I come on the forums with my cell phone, I don’t know what I would do with out my cell phone now, though I don’t play games on it much anymore.
  • Arcanine4PresidentArcanine4President Posts: 31 Member
    For me, I would most likely stick to Minecraft, but I would get bored easily.
    I honestly can't imagine what I would do if The Sims never existed. I also think that a lot of games inspired by it wouldn't exist, either,
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I'd still be playing SimCity. Thats how I got into the sims, simcity was first. I loved SimCity so much and when Maxis announced it was coming out with a game focused on individual sims I was all in. God I'm old... :neutral:
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I would play other games, but I would probably miss being able to play a game where I do not have to kill or destroy things, but instead make life better for people.

I like to play shooters and sometimes I just want to create a home for these people and help them live, so many protagonists in games have either lost family or loved ones...
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I would probably not have a computer but instead have a couple of consoles, and be a whole lot richer, lol. (I've bought several computers and video cards just for the Sims throughout the years.)

This is just a pause for thought, I have played the Sims 4 for 5470 hours, which breaks down to, ready for this, 4.6 years I've played sims. :o
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    play other games. indulge in my other hobbies.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I would probably not have a computer but instead have a couple of consoles, and be a whole lot richer, lol. (I've bought several computers and video cards just for the Sims throughout the years.)

This is just a pause for thought, I have played the Sims 4 for 5470 hours, which breaks down to, ready for this, 4.6 years I've played sims. :o

I think your math is off there ;) It equals to 227 days, 228 if you are rounding up to the nearest, not quite a year. I'm right there with you. My online, logged hours, are 4780.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    I'm sure someone else would have created a game that would have been SIMiliar (get it... SIM *sigh*), maybe even making it better or even listening to the mass players and added the content we wanted to play...

However, I'd still be playing Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Modded Minecraft and other games like Stardew valley.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    The world would be a sad sad place :/

• BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Probably some FPS games and I'd play more Stardew Valley.
    Proud simmer
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I would play other games, but I would probably miss being able to play a game where I do not have to kill or destroy things, but instead make life better for people.

I like to play shooters and sometimes I just want to create a home for these people and help them live, so many protagonists in games have either lost family or loved ones...

I have the same desire to create better lives for characters from other games and even movies and books as well!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @NezImani It really would be dull 😕
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    Interesting question!

As many of you, I'd still be playing other games, The Sims was not the first video game I enjoyed and not the only one I play. :)

I would probably know a lot less about computers and Internet communities, and I would be working somewhere else. Which means I would be living somewhere else as well as I wouldn't have moved countries to join EA. And sadly, I wouldn't have met many awesome people I met thanks to this game! :open_mouth:
  • malikabrazilmalikabrazil Posts: 85 Member
    I would’t have met some of my best friends!!
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I would have read a lot more books.
  • ScorpionsVanityScorpionsVanity Posts: 5 New Member
    I would probably be a lot more invested into my farm on stardew valley!
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I’d get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep at night. My house would be cleaner, I’d be preparing for an eventual move to a smaller house, I’d have more contact with friends, and my every thought and waking moment wouldn’t be about sims and the stories they write in my head, lol
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL