Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something you wish was overhauled?

1235...Next

Comments

• JenniferukJenniferuk Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2019
    i said it before probabely, but i really want this aggrevating mechanic where you are constantly forced to watch celebrities perform or dance GONE!! i want it totally removed from the game because it is extremely annoying. sure i can cancel and move on, but this crud just never ffing stops and there is absolutely no point to this at all: the celeb gains nothing but a bunch of id10ts standing around them (no fame points or even some moodlet) and the ones who watch also gain nothing at all, not even fun, and it often gets sims stuck in this as well even when the celeb isn't even there anymore. lounges and nightclubs are a nightmare atm because of this nonsense.

You may already do this or not want to do this because of storyline or if they are your celebrities but the way I deal with this is (a) delete Judith Ward & Co from manage households so they never show up or (b) shift + click on the celebrity who shows up and select 'public image' then 'decrease public image' (or something like that) until they're a notable newcomer and then all the stupidness goes away.
    Post edited by Jenniferuk on
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2019
    Jenniferuk wrote: »
    You may already do this or not want to do this because of storyline or if they are your celebrities but the way I deal with this is (a) delete Judith Ward & Co from manage households so they never show up or (b) shift + click on the celebrity who shows up and select 'public image' then 'decrease public image' (or something like that) until they're a notable newcomer and then all the stupidness goes away.

if you do the game will spawn even more of those hideous random generated garbage sims to replace them. i'd rather be a fan of Judith Ward (can't stand mean/evil sims as my own friends since well...those traits turn sims into mindless rabid attack dogs but watching her throw a fit is kinda amusing :p ) than being forced to worship Genji Ghomari, the pearshaped freak who became a world famous star for...well...being the most useless sim in existance? which brings me to an even bigger issue i have with this game: stop the explosive spawning of those monstrosities called random generated sims! or if the game really needs 20 single elders, at least don't make them look like mutants from a b-rate horror flick with a fashion taste that would make hilbillies and clowns look like fashion icons. and sure, they keep telling me they are used to fill in jobs like bouncers, mixologists etc, however in my games the game uses premades for those jobs while those randoms are polluting the lot trying to cozy up with my sims...like my cute Morgan wants to get all cozy with a creepy random generated pearshaped elder whose face frightens even me -.- but he'll stop at nothing to bother my females whenever he is, yup, flirty…

just to show you, this is the latest masterpiece the game throws at my females in the hopes of scoring a date... or better said, the game tries to force a romance bar if i don't cut of the conversation fast enough because my sims love to rush enchanting greetings on all of those abominations yet never on the sim i actually WANT to be their love interest and it angers me to no end
    vafqULa.png
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2019
    Romance
    Babies
    Elders
    Teens
    Kids
    Death
    Illness
    Pregnancy
    Owning businesses
    TRAITS...
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    I enjoyed reading this thread. So many great ideas!
    Probably some stuff has bee mentioned before, but here is what I wish was overhauled:

- CAS outfits: It would be great if we could save created outfits and share them. A category for costumes would be great, too.

- CAS hair colours: Kids and toddlers desperately need the possibility to have all the hair colours older sims have. Why can we give them a green skintone but not green hair? Makes no sense to me. :(

- Aliens: Alien Sims should be revised. They should have special powers and maybe even weaknesses as vampires do. For instance, I whish we could be able to create a mean alien sim, who can use mind control or even steal skill points or lifetime from sims. Maybe, aliens could even buy special alien technology, e.g. a bracelett for teleportation. Secondly, the alien genetics need a fix. In addition to some CAS bugs (hair colour, colour of eyebrows), the alien skintone should be one gene that is passed on to the descendants. In my game, the grandchildren (25% alien) suddendly had a blue skintone although the grandmother was green... Well, that shouldn't happen. And it would be really, really great if we could have a small, playable alien themed world, e.g. Sixam, where the aliens can actually live. I love Sixam, but it is a hidden lot and I don't often visit the hidden lots... Maybe Sixam could be overhauled, too. [Or the hidden lots. Once a sim discovers it, it should be accessible via the neighborhood overview for that famliy. Hmm... ]

-Cats and Dogs: I wish pets from different households would interact. It is so sad to go to the park with your dog, but the dog can't play with other dogs. Doesn't feel very realistic. (Not sure if this is intended or a bug, though.) And the straying pets should be sick less often.

-Build mode: I would love if I could change the colour of the lights in build mode itself. (Same goes for the effects of the special effects machine.)

- Pool parties: Yeah, I know I can create a holiday for that, but I wan't it to be a social event. :)

- personalities: Yup. You've read all about it before. Nature loving sims should love gardening, etc. etc. ;)

- Paintings: Firstly, it would be great if paintings my sims created would count as a wall decoration when I build a museum. And secondly, why do we only have a black frame for them? It would be great if we could choose between different colour swatches.

- Singing: I would love to have a career as a singer and songwriter in my game, maybe included as a branch of the entertainer career. And it would be great if sims could sing songs to their children, e.g. a lullaby to their babies.

- Photography: Oh, I wish it would be just like in Sims 2 where Sims could pose and one could place a picture on a table. Happy times.

- Family album: To be honest, I don't get the screenshot system. The newest screenshot is always on the bottom and I have to scroll down and down and down... Oh, I wish it could be just like it was in Sims 2 when you could filter the screenshots. Happy times.²

- Inventory: It would be great if we could filter, search and move or delete a particular number of stacked items, etc. Moreover, it would be great if all sims on the lot could have access to the household inventory. Then we could place items (e.g. herbs, insects, etc.) there and all sims on the lot could use them (for brewing creams).

Don't stop dreaming and happy simming! :)
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Anyone notice how the hobby traits section in CAS has been the SAME since base game...I think that really shows how lacking hobbies are that we have yet to get a new trait for that category in almost five years.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2019
    Emotions and Personalities . OH and Babies.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    A have a lot of things in mind...
    Ofcourse the personalities, emotions system, babies and so on...

But I dream of a better system for the retail stores.The staff members often don't do their job properly and I just don't like the idea of tablets :/
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dine Out.

I think Sims 2 dining should be reviewed and dine out be reworked with Sims 2 dine out attributes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dine Out.

I think Sims 2 dining should be reviewed and dine out be reworked with Sims 2 dine out attributes.
    Great idea it would be really cool if they added more dinner table interactions. Like proposing at the table stealinf a bite from the other persons plate and have the sim your sim is with pay for the meal if they ask you out. Also being able to give a toast and maybe if one your sims is celebrating his birthday the other sims can sing for the sim
  • Jj216Jj216 Posts: 17 New Member
    Alot of my issues I fixed with mods lol
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Get Together: Allow larger groups/clubs.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

Also, I wish there was an option to disable the monster under the bed thing. It occurs way too often.

I don't know if you already know this, but there is a nightlight under lights which seems to keep the monsters away. I recommend the wall nightlight because the table top one is always getting picked up and moved. Also I find using double beds helps as monsters seem to only appear under single beds.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have had good luck having someone read to the Sims kids at bedtime everynight. The monster under the bed only seems to come out on night the kids get no bedtime story.

But yes a double bed would prevent it too seeing there is no monster connected to the double beds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2019
    i also really want to know why the game all of a sudden likes to spawn so many single Household elders. Vampires, DJ's and random trash with no purpose at all, why so many elders??? doesn't that clog the game with ghosts in time??

my ultimate vote is: spawn less random generated townies, but at least less elders please and for god's sake: less pearshaped sims or weird asian names please!
  • AdriRavenAdriRaven Posts: 3 New Member
    1) A toggle to allow us to adjust townie generation or turn it off completely. Self-explanatory.
    2) A way to activate the Strangerville weirdness in other zones, albeit, not active by default. It'd be neat for stories involving outbreaks elsewhere.
    3) Expanding the current worlds. Strangerville is a glorious place, but I see *SO MUCH* wasted potential in some of the background placeholder buildings. There are other neighborhoods with similar issues, like Oasis Springs with its Dinosaur. Just generally expanding the number of lots in most of the zones would be so amazing. But Strangerville especially had such a great look and feel to it that I was mildly let down byu the places I couldn't do anything with.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    the seating behaviour, they can't stand and talk two minutes if there is a seating nearby... they have to sit down, and often I want them to be standing for taking screenshots, I'm forced to remove every seating around, every time. also, npcs that intrude in conversations.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Emotions need an overhaul. It seems my sim always has so many emotions at once they are just canceling each other out. She's always happy, inspired, or energized. If I let her energy, bladder, or hunger fall to severely low levels then she's uncomfortable. I dont even notice a change in game play based on her moods. I think the emotion system is a great idea, however, I think it will take a lot of tweaking before the system reaches its full potential.
    2ynjgg8.png
    SunStone02 wrote: »
    Get Together: Allow larger groups/clubs.

This! clubs are easily one of the best things ever in TS 4, even more now since sims in club gatherings are immune to the performing celebrity nightmare! more club members was always on my wishlist, but a fix on the explosive random townie spawning is my own top suggestion atm..it is out of control atm and i really want them gone from my games unless they do what they are supposed to do: fill roles like bouncers, mixologists etc or be removed from the game instead of surplanting the premades with an actual story and fitting personality. i am sick and tired of all those whacky pearshaped creeps trying to enforce themselves onto my sims even tho i don't want to know or talk to them!
    AdriRaven wrote: »
    1) 2) A way to activate the Strangerville weirdness in other zones, albeit, not active by default. It'd be neat for stories involving outbreaks elsewhere.

you know you can spread this yourself by giving other sims those new fruits right? it is found under mischief if you carry those in your inventory and it gives them the infected trait. i already infected all of Willow Creek and Windenburg with this lol

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The ugly townies, I have to delete them every day.
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    • Small worlds (Forgotten Hollow, Sixam etc) - bigger with districts
    • Ghosts and death
      • hide ghosts from relation panel by default until met again
      • place for tombstones (cemetery lot, purgatory world, mausoleum?)
      • gameplay for ghosts (for example, TS2 ghosts - https://youtu.be/VxpCUMJ-HK8?t=52)
    • Collecting:
      • gem cuts <3
      • more gems and more rare spawning gems (like Pink Diamond spawn rate in TS3)
      • more ways to obtain gems
    • Writing and Programming Skills:
      • statistics or list with titles and quality level
      • better notifications after finishing book or programm
      • new book covers or option to change
    • UI: less frames or just minimalistic version of current UI (starting with removing top right corner and bottom panel - there are hotkeys for almost everything in here)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited March 2019
    Seasons:
    ~Add blossoming trees and bushes for the Spring. Also make the current eternally blossoming trees only blossom for the Spring and turn to leaves for Summer and Fall
    ~Snow depth, enough said.
    ~Add old and new effects to rain - rain drops visibly hitting the ground and other surfaces, rain dripping from roofs/other surfaces, rain running down roofs (like in TS2), and rain drops visible on windows.
    ~At least have the option for a precise temperature reading like in The Sims 3 Seasons.
    ~A BIG one: Show other Sims autonomously celebrating the holiday traditions instead of it just being our sims.
    ~Bring back the ability to decorate lots seasonally (or maybe even by holiday), like in The Sims 3. Since The Sims 4 isn't even open world, I can't understand why this wasn't added, TBH.

General:
    ~So we can't have open worlds? At least make the active segment completely open like it was in The Sims 3. I don't mean the whole world, but just the area that you're in. TS4 gives the facade of the space being open, but it really isn't and I don't like that.
    ~Worlds need to be more customizable, or at least a ton of space for new lots needs to be added. I mean, again, this isn't even an open world, so I don't understand why the game can't have more lots in each world. There's no need for all of the fake houses in worlds like the default one (Willow Creek, I think it was called?), why not let our sims build and live in that space? I just don't get it.

Cats & Dogs:
    ~Please either reduce the amount of sick strays, or let our sims take them in to get them in to the vet and then let them be adopted.
    ~Why are pets by default only in Brindleton Bay? They should be in other worlds, as well.
    ~I'm personally split on controllable pets, but think the option should be there.

That's all I can think of right now...
    OO2UdmJ.png
    edited April 2019
    Ohh and while i am at it, besides the exessive random townie spawning i also want the whole fan and forced watch celebrity crud tuned down. i get the whole celebrity garbage (to be honest i find it pathetic but sure irl folks tend to act like this too tho i never understood why… it is humiliating to throw your dignity aside just because someone is famous..big hairy freaking deal -.-) but as it is now it takes one 2 star celeb to turn the whole lot into braindead fans who do nothing but gawking or the same old whisper or talk about them all day long and it is starting to get on my nerves because it makes it darn hard to talk to anyone and it is making the game boring >.< i never spent so much time on my home lot because going out is just a snoozefest anyways. at least give us traits that cause none-active sims to ignore the celebs and just carry on with their day. and the whole forced to watch a celeb perform is just a terrible mechanic that clogs up the whole game and often gets sims stuck in this. this is a classic case of EA going overkill again and it is driving me to the point where i wanna toss Get Famous in the trashbin and be done with it. it is a fun addition but this excessive celebrity worship is starting to annoy me and it ruins my gameplay too much atm because it also affects my sims even tho i try to ignore them because my sims don't care about celebrities unless they are actually impressive and nice folks. i don't like my sims being forced by the game to act like a bunch of idi0ts just because some celebrity keeps stalking mine with that aggrevating beg for cheers bull

Edit: i DEMAND this force to watch celebrities do stuff to be removed from the game! it is extremely aggrevating me to the point where i uninstalled Get Famous untill this garbage mechanic is removed or if a mod is made that bans this. i grew too tired of my sims being dragged into an endless cycle of this garbage! it is a bad mechanic causing the game to get very boring. what's the fun in going to a lot where everyone does nothing but watch celebrities do stupid stuff all the time??? and it also causes the game to lag because non-active sims endlessly get stuck in this to the point where they cannot go home anymore
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Seasons:
    ~Add blossoming trees and bushes for the Spring. Also make the current eternally blossoming trees only blossom for the Spring and turn to leaves for Summer and Fall
    ~Snow depth, enough said.
    ~Add old and new effects to rain - rain drops visibly hitting the ground and other surfaces, rain dripping from roofs/other surfaces, rain running down roofs (like in TS2), and rain drops visible on windows.
    ~At least have the option for a precise temperature reading like in The Sims 3 Seasons.
    ~A BIG one: Show other Sims autonomously celebrating the holiday traditions instead of it just being our sims.
    ~Bring back the ability to decorate lots seasonally (or maybe even by holiday), like in The Sims 3. Since The Sims 4 isn't even open world, I can't understand why this wasn't added, TBH.

General:
    ~So we can't have open worlds? At least make the active segment completely open like it was in The Sims 3. I don't mean the whole world, but just the area that you're in. TS4 gives the facade of the space being open, but it really isn't and I don't like that.
    ~Worlds need to be more customizable, or at least a ton of space for new lots needs to be added. I mean, again, this isn't even an open world, so I don't understand why the game can't have more lots in each world. There's no need for all of the fake houses in worlds like the default one (Willow Creek, I think it was called?), why not let our sims build and live in that space? I just don't get it.

Cats & Dogs:
    ~Please either reduce the amount of sick strays, or let our sims take them in to get them in to the vet and then let them be adopted.
    ~Why are pets by default only in Brindleton Bay? They should be in other worlds, as well.
    ~I'm personally split on controllable pets, but think the option should be there.

That's all I can think of right now...

I totally agree with you. Maybe they can't make an open world, but they could make it more open than it is. These aren't even worlds, they are couple streets in a hood.
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    - Emotions. I wrote a specific idea I had for them here: about giving every emotion sliders that affect how strongly or even whether individual sims feel certain emotions and can be affected through new gameplay options and interactions (and cheats). I feel like it would add dynamism and distinctness to the sims and add potential for all kinds of stories (A bitter sim that embraces their anger issues vs. a sim that tries their best to conquer it)
    Other sorts of overhauls to emotion would be welcome too. Certainly, I think they could use better balancing.

Adding a fear emotion instead of just using tense would be great too: right now, our sims can wake up to a ghost standing at the foot of their bed, walk through a crowd of possessed sims and get bitten by a vampire and not feel any fear. It's only spooky-themed candy bowls and such that scare them, and those only make them "tense".

There are some really good ideas on this thread; I love them!
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Seasons:

Feeling like the whole town is celebrating the holiday would be so cool. Imagine how adorable it would be if when the egg hunt tradition is on, there would be a bunch of kids in the park all hunting for eggs.

That gives me an idea:
    Customize outfits for holidays, kind of like you can do for clubs. You can do something as simple as specifying formal wear, or as complicated as designing specific outfits for different age groups (you can also leave it as default and let sims dress how they want). You can also choose to filter outfits by color scheme. That way, the kids in the park could be wearing easter dresses and pastel outfits by default to really set the scene. Then, change the costume tradition so you can customize the sorts of costumes sims wear. Why can't my sim dress as a fairy if I have Spooky Stuff, or a ghost if I have the right CC for it? Maybe a simmer wants to customize the costumes to use for non-Spooky Day/Halloween-related stuff: they can do that by changing the costumes, so we can have a Cosplay or Renfair day or use ugly Winterfest sweaters. Also, allow the same for trick-or-treating so the kids that show up don't necessarily have to be in costume, so the trick-or-treating tradition can be less Halloween/Spooky Day specific. For both traditions, still being able to do the default would be nice too. Not everyone wants to customize stuff THAT much.

A funny and realistic detail that wouldn't be difficult to implement with the wardrobe specifications could be getting special uncomfortable or angry from having to wear clothes that don't fit with the weather specifically for a holiday. I can just imagine a kid in a big, lacy Easter dress in a heatwave being really annoyed and wanting to wear something normal, but that's up to the parents. Parents being able to reprimand (never autonomously, though) children for wearing something other than their holiday-wear could be fun. There'd have to be an exception for holidays with traditions that generally require a change of clothes, like water fun or exercise.

And one more detail: on gift-giving and receiving days, sims can get or give new outfits which are objects in the inventory (they use the folded shirts clutter mesh). They can choose to make it one of their CAS outfits, making the object disappear from the inventory. They can sell it. Kids who don't like it can try to hide it like a diary, though sims of all ages can react positively to the outfit too. They can try it on or be forced to try it on by their parents. Players can customize the possible outfit gifts, set them to use random styled looks (we should be able to save, upload and download those, but that's another story), or allow total randomness.

Less of an overhaul, but I'd also like some accessories, possibly tied to specific traditions: plastic pumpkins for trick-or-treating and Easter baskets that fill with eggs as the sim progresses for egg hunts. Better yet, a whole selection of different containers that the player can enable or disable for certain holidays: cute pastel Easter baskets, plastic pumpkins, pillow cases, paper bags, normal baskets, plastic buckets, etc. It would be a cute little detail.

I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that