Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like customizing sims or building more?

masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
(Customizing- making sims) (Building- lots)

I really like both to be honest. If I had to choose one, I would definitely say customizing 👽

I love creating sims and making them diverse ✨
88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I love to make my own Sims, however, then they come with no skills, so lots of times I’ll grab a towning, check their skills, and redo them. And the townies are already very diverse, so that’s helpful.

As for lots, I prefer to make my own, but there are some types of buildings that I just don’t feel like taking the time to build, especially when I’m sure there’s already wonderful ones in the gallery. 😊

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I like both and neither, depending on my mood. Some days I just want to make a few sims. Other days I just feel like building/decorating.

Other days the thought of doing either makes me want to claw out my eyes. I'm not particularly great at either, but what I make pleases me and that's really the only person I create for, so I'm happy with that. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I tend to spend less and less time in cas and more and more in building... I find there are too many options to choose from. I only truly care about the concept, the feel, the traits, not facial details or fashion. I liked the simplicity of sims 1. As for building, I like when it tells a story. I especially like to build venues because I know the story of each bit and I know why I placed what where and I can reuse them more than once.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    (Customizing- making sims) (Building- lots)

I really like both to be honest. If I had to choose one, I would definitely say customizing 👽

I love creating sims and making them diverse ✨

I love building! :smiley: I'm working on an awesome nightclub (original) for my sims.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I like to build :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Both. I like making my sims. They mean a lot to me.

I like building their homes because it means a lot to them. lol.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Neither, I just like leveling my sims skills, upgrading their stuff, and putting them in the career I want.

There is something about leveling all this stuff and completing every checklist that I find incredibly satisfying.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well mostly I skip over both of it and just play haha!. But of the two I prefer customizing Sims
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Customizing sims, sort of. I do not spend much time on their faces or bodies, but I love to dress them up.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    While I do love creating Sims and customizing them, I think I prefer building. I can spend forever decorating a lot.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    Neither. I just like playing my families.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I prefer to build. CAS is fun, but I tire of it after a certain point. I can spend a lot longer on a house than a sim.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I love to spend time in CAS.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Honestly, I'm not a fan of building at all. Don't think I've ever been. It takes loads of time that I frankly haven't got. Around once a year, I'll put my all into a build and that quells any desire of mine to build anything for a long time.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    While I love to do both, If I had to choose I'd say building. I love hunting through old floor plans online and picking the features I see in them and really like, to try to duplicate in game. Sometimes its very successful sometimes its a disaster, but always its fun.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I enjoy creating Sims a lot. I also like building too, but I am afraid I am not very good at it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited March 2019
    I do both but I like building a little bit more. It can take me a day or two to create a new family and I also like to update my sims often. It's something I do when I don't feel like actually playing. Building is more intense for me. Finishing a build can take several days and it always gives me a sense of accomplishment which I don't get so much when customising sims.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Definitely customizing sims. I can't build for the life of me.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, as someone who loves creating characters, I really love bringing them to 'life' as sims. I spend a ridiculous amount of time in CAS getting their appearance, traits, voice and outfits etc. just right. I've never been much of a builder as I overthink it and find it really time consuming. However, I also get an immense feeling of satisfaction (and relief) when I do complete a build that I'm happy with. I've actually only done this once in TS4 so far as I had a very particular plan in mind for an old book shop for my sim. Usually though I try to find a build on the gallery close enough to what I want and then edit / redecorate it to suit my household. It's only when I can't find a build I like and that fits the sims/story I've created that I start entirely from scratch.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Building. I tend to make extremely similar sims because I’m extremely shallow and also bad at faces. I mostly just use houseplans because I’m not actually good at planning layouts though.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Building isn't super fun. There are a lot of gorgeous and really great build on the gallery already. But right now Im building my own things. Even though I do have all the packs and can download anything from the gallery .

But I love making sims! It allows me to express my vision and creativity! But my favorite part is just playing the game <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm not the best at making sims but I'm really bad at building so I like customizing them more. I mostly just like dressing my sims and don't spend too much time on the way they look. Only down side is that they all wind up looking very similar as a result.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I really enjoy making Sims, I make more than I ever will play. I do like building, but I'm not very good at it, but I'm pretty good at taking a existing EA house and editing it a bit.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I just love to create Sims. I'm so infatuated with Sims 4's CAS because I can actually manipulate the features to really detail the faces when I want to make a specific Sim, or I can just randomize and usually with just a few tweaks, get a Sim that I'm satisfied with. The clothing and hair meshes are the best they've ever been, and I feel like we have such a diverse selection of clothing ranging from sloppy to seasonal to fashionable to strange to vintage to costumes (depending on what packs you own, of course)... that for the first time, I have a separate Sims 4 folder that's completely without custom content and mods, and I've been consistently playing this vanilla game since November while I take my time to sort through the thousands of CC in my modded game folder.

My one complaint would be that there is no cheat to unlock the career outfits and rewards. I really, really need to access the fabulous costumes in Get Famous and the Science career. I play a very unrealistic game and I use things like that to make really quirky, fantastical households.

As for building... oh, I wish I could build big, crazy lots. I really do. I've done a little here and there but it's so time consuming for me because I'm just not fluent with the build tools. I think they're great though, because they seem more user friendly and I don't feel as overwhelmed. I have started dabbling in room builds, though. I decided that I was starting too big, and I needed to get used to building on a much simpler scale first. My current project is a mermaid "tank". I'm having a lot of fun with it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Building! I'm not one to spend hours in CAS, but I love building and expanding houses, when I'm in the mood for it.