Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy A Farming EP

Comments

• Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Yes. I need farms in my game no matter what it comes with.
    I'm holding out for horses. It would be cool to make a riding club with Get Together too.
  • Options
    snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    It's not my playstyle, but I would buy it lol. It would be cool to have a rural/farming world. It could really be beautiful looking around with fields as far as you can see and hearing the cows moo lol.
  • Options
    DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Maybe. But only if it comes with...
    I would if it were a game pack, I would want a Magic or University expansion over a farming expansion. I feel as though it would make a good game pack though.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • Options
    AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Yes because... overalls!
    8IomapKl.png
  • Options
    PlantPlumbobPlantPlumbob Posts: 7 New Member
    I would be 100% behind a farming pack. My play-style at the moment is predominately off-the-grid with a focus on eco-living. I'm actually in the midst of creating a 'live off the land' challenge - so a farming pack would be perfectly suited for me. I understand other players barely touch gardening and related aspects so it could be a somewhat niche pack.

- A new world, preferably in a rural country.

- I see cows in fields in the distance, wild horses, sheep situated in quaint little spaces. Rural farms (set dressing) also. Maybe even deer that venture out during dusk/dawn.

- New lots such as an equestrian centre or a plaza where weekly farmer's markets are held and small farmer stalls are dotted around the world. Perhaps you could sell produce to the stalls or buy hay, animal feed or farming equipment.

- New farming aspiration which could involve finding pieces of a tractor around the world and then talking to locals to help 'fix it up' which then unlocks use of the tractor. Perhaps a new trait such as 'Farmer' - gains fun from farming?

- Farm animals such as cows ('milk' option), chickens in a coop ('collect eggs' option), horses (riding skill, option to 'groom', customize horseshoes, maybe an equestrian centre lot/lot trait where horse competitions happen such as jumping), sheep (collect wool with 'shear' option, then 'wash wool' which can be used with a sewing skill or becomes a collectible), pigs ('muck out' option).

- Canning preserves/fermenting option which comes with a fermenting jar purchased at a farmer's stall/market, new recipes such as pies.

- An option to 'cut down trees' in the world then later use that wood for a fire or in conjunction with woodworking table/similar skill.

- A disease such as 'Mad Sim Disease' could be contracted from dirty cows - Sims must buy cure from locals or they'll die.

- A few other 'off-the-grid' options such as solar panels, windmills, rainwater tanks and so forth.

I just quickly brainstormed a few ideas and I'm sure they've been mentioned before. The closest items to 'farming' in my game would be the chicken coop made by icemunmun - which I recommend, they're updating the coop soon with feedback they received and the Cottage Garden Stuff pack made by The Plumbob Tea Society - highly recommend also, quality pack with many CAS + furniture options.
  • Options
    skylerxoskylerxo Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, but only if it came with npc-style farm animals. I'd love cows, chickens, goats, pigs etc. as long as they don't take up a slot in your family. :)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    skylerxo wrote: »
    Yes, but only if it came with npc-style farm animals. I'd love cows, chickens, goats, pigs etc. as long as they don't take up a slot in your family. :)

I hope they can roam around the lot like the roomba! And you have to put your own fences
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    No. It doesn’t fit my playing style.
    I ACCIDENTALLY VOTED NO, I MEANT TO SAY YES

Sure! I'd welcome farming. It's not at the top of my wish list, but I would take it. But to be honest I would probably buy it just to feel complete in my DLC collection :D
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    skylerxoskylerxo Posts: 7 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > skylerxo wrote: »
    >
    > Yes, but only if it came with npc-style farm animals. I'd love cows, chickens, goats, pigs etc. as long as they don't take up a slot in your family. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope they can roam around the lot like the roomba! And you have to put your own fences

That would be amazing! Animals can be naughty and get into things IRL, it would add a lot of fun to it.

I nearly forgot! It would be awesome if you could get items from the animals, like eggs from the chickens, milk from cows and goats, maybe even the option to butcher animals in a family-friendly way & sell the meat? This with the greenhouse & bee box, you could totally have your own self-sufficient family homestead. It would be a DREAM stuff/game pack.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm going to say no, because my fear would be they add something like FaceBook game Farmville and take this game into that sort of realm of gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'm afraid it would be too much grinding. However, truly interactive farm animals, with a personality like real pets, would be fun.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Topher8907Topher8907 Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't mind a far omg pack and I don't mind and old fashioned farming experience but if we do include it I hope we also have newer more clean energy ways of farming and it's more realistic
  • Options
    Topher8907 wrote: »
    I don't mind a far omg pack and I don't mind and old fashioned farming experience but if we do include it I hope we also have newer more clean energy ways of farming and it's more realistic

How does the Sim plow a field without a tractor? By a hand plow and mule like my grandpa? Interesting to see how Maxis solves this problem so millions of Sims can get the food from the farm. My dad used a sicle it was a lot of hard work so I would be interested in how they get the fields and fields of wheat without a machine. Maxis can probably come up with something ran by hampsters.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    *sickle
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    For me it’s more of a if it doesn’t come with... I don’t want it to have a lot of animals. Maybe chickens and one other farm animal but I don’t really want horses or anything. I would like the build StuffIt could come with. Like more wooden outside panels. Oh and cute old school windows. And the cas items! Even more overalls. And I would love to be able to chop wood for the fireplace. And make stuff from the fruits like jam. And if there were sheep I would love to be able to make wool and knit!
    I think I would like farming more as a gp but considering how much people want it and want in it, it probably would be better off as an expansion.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Of course I'd buy it, but I'm probably not a good example as I would buy ANY pack.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    i don't care for farming.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If each sim and animal takes it's own slot and we just have 8 slots - that is going to be a real poor farm - I think.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    If each sim and animal takes it's own slot and we just have 8 slots - that is going to be a real poor farm - I think.

Which is why they probably won't do it that way. Farm animals don't need to be a part of the family. They can be treated as objects.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Which is why they probably won't do it that way. Farm animals don't need to be a part of the family. They can be treated as objects.

Especially if they introduce the concept of sending the animals off for meat.

There's a mod (I don't want to butcher name so I'll just say K-Stacey?, sorry) that is incredibly well done, but having to work with what's in game, you have to add the animals to the family. Having dinner as part of the family, worse yet if you befriend them, is a little disturbing even for me (I'm generally not easily disturbed). I guess it doesn't help that the animals are actually dogs and you know they are.

*Ha! I just realized I didn't intent to make a pun with the "butcher" comment!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    When I think of a farming pack I imagine it to be more like off the grid type stuff. We got some already in Laundry Day, the bee keeping from Seasons?, and the bath tub in Strangerville. I would like a return of the rabbits from The Sims1 that messed with your crop, maybe a chicken coop from Sims3 and the hay bales... that sort of stuff. To me it wouldn't be enough for a Expansion pack but very suitable for a game pack. I don't want nothing like Farmville :# puke
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think if we had more farm animals tied to an object like we had in S3, then we could have a "working" farm. Let's face it, we're never going to have huge, rolling fields of bovine roaming freely around. Plus, if they are an object, they won't take up slot space in the household.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I could see them doing it as becoming a farmer and going out to Farm on a particular lot or like GTW where the family doesn't come too and the animals and objects are included, such as using a tractor to plough a plot or caring for various stock, like chickens, sheep, goats, llamas etc., That might be easier on the machine specs.? You could call the vet in if you have Cats & Dogs or order treatments via PC etc.,
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I could see them doing it as becoming a farmer and going out to Farm on a particular lot or like GTW where the family doesn't come too and the animals and objects are included, such as using a tractor to plough a plot or caring for various stock, like chickens, sheep, goats, llamas etc., That might be easier on the machine specs.? You could call the vet in if you have Cats & Dogs or order treatments via PC etc.,

Personally I'd rather be able to have my sims live on their farm so that the whole family can be involved, but maybe they could include both.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    This is the type of pack I'd want if it was done thoroughly and forced you to take care of an actual farm and livestock. If it's just an aesthetic thing they can keep it. I'd want horses, cows, ducks, pigs, chickens, sheep, goats, and some cute interactions to go with them. I would also want corn, pumpkins, watermelon, wheat, peaches, oranges and other harvestables not currently own the game. I also would like to see more recipes and maybe even a new farm to table cooking skill that focuses on canning and things of that nature. Lastly I'd like a sort of county fare/farmers market lot that allows you to sell goods and enter livestock or harvestables into competitions.