Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• Jj216Jj216 Posts: 17 New Member
    I would
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    Yes.
    110% i love the sims too much
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    How could I resist?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes.
    BUT Not until I knew it had 3-4 years or more being worked on. If they even started a Sims 5 when they put up jobs for a new Sim project - well right now they'd have just months into working on it. It would not be even close to ready until after 2022 or later even - so why are we even asking that question now?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Yes.
    Started Day 1 of Sims 1, so might as well keep the tradition going :)
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    No.
    > @Evie0602 said:
    > No because I'm happy playing the sims 4.
    I love The Sims 4!♥
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yes.
    I know myself too good. If I saw it released, I would literally start throwing my money at my screen.
    Proud simmer
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    No.

I don't even want to play a free trial until/unless the community gives warm "reviews."

It's imperative that TS5 amazes. It must be improved upon all previous versions and free of greedy laziness and rush. If not ... that will be too pathetic. Abysmal.

I'm extremely worried about it. :#
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    No.
    Loanet wrote: »
    The specific qualifier is 'straightaway'.

Would you buy it straight away? You see it in the store and no matter the reviews, you'd buy it as soon as you could?

I would wait until more expansion packs come out, it is what I did with sims 4.
    until 4 I bought right away.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe. It all depends on what's going on when it comes out.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Yes.
    I want to say no but I know myself too well...

Same here.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes.
    When the time comes, YES! As long as I have the money and can afford it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes.
    I mean why not, I’m in this deep and I love this game so sure.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Yes.
    I would buy it right away to check it out. If I am not happy with Build Mode in the base game, I will probably call it quits with the Sims after all these years...
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Yes.
    I want to support Maxis and while they are not perfect, buying their next game would be the best way to support them.
  • explxsive_explxsive_ Posts: 9 New Member
    probably would at some point but not straight away, i feel theres still more that needs to be added to sims 4 plus i'm way too skint
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    No.
    Not unless "sims 5" is actually an official relaunch of sims 1
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No.
    Releasing a new iteration in the Sims franchise just means restarting the waiting game: Waiting for pets again, waiting for seasons again, for university and witches and some other stuff we don't even have in the current iteration yet. Unless the base game comes equipped with all these features, which I highly doubt, I see no point in playing it from the getgo.

Back when I was still playing TS2, I refused to switch to 4 until it had seasons and pets, but did it anyway in 2017 because I got a new computer that 2 no longer worked on. If that hadn't happened, I might still not have moved on.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    Would a subscription service for Sims 5 work? Paying per month, more for basic first pack and then regular monthly subscriptions to get all patches and packs as it enlarges. No lootboxes and not evading any global legislation so cheaper in the legal department.

It would probably involve playing in "The Cloud" though
    "Cloud gaming, or playing a game via remote server instead of a local machine, is alive and well—and growing. Where services like G-cluster, OnLive, and GameFly Streaming didn't have staying power, larger companies like Google, Microsoft, and EA are either working on their own cloud gaming service or are rumored to be creating one. Companies like Tencent are partnering with other tech giants to build bigger and better cloud gaming services. This isn't a short-lived fad that will disappear as quickly as fidget spinners."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-current-state-of-cloud-gaming/

EA haven't got good enough servers at the moment judging from the downtime Mayday weekend! :#
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Yes.
    Eventually. I'll probably wait until there's more content if they follow the previous games' formula before buying it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Would a subscription service for Sims 5 work? Paying per month, more for basic first pack and then regular monthly subscriptions to get all patches and packs as it enlarges. No lootboxes and not evading any global legislation so cheaper in the legal department.

It would probably involve playing in "The Cloud" though
    "Cloud gaming, or playing a game via remote server instead of a local machine, is alive and well—and growing. Where services like G-cluster, OnLive, and GameFly Streaming didn't have staying power, larger companies like Google, Microsoft, and EA are either working on their own cloud gaming service or are rumored to be creating one. Companies like Tencent are partnering with other tech giants to build bigger and better cloud gaming services. This isn't a short-lived fad that will disappear as quickly as fidget spinners."
    https://www.pcgamer.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-current-state-of-cloud-gaming/

EA haven't got good enough servers at the moment judging from the downtime Mayday weekend! :#

I am in no hurry to hand EA money they haven’t earned. Even more so if they once again try to put Sims in the cloud. There are no advantages to an internet based Sims game, at least on the players end.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    No.
    Definitely not straight away. I'd wait for a while, see how it runs, then probably wait for a few expansion when they start making custom bundles. I'd wait for the things I like to be added to the game and for some CC/mods to be developed (especially when it comes to female hairstyles, TS4 lacks actual long hair)
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    It depends on the quality and improvement of gameplay. My biggest factor would be price.
  • FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    Yes.
    I'd 100% buy sims 5, as long as it's better than 4 obviously, and if Maxis announce a sims 5, i'm sure it'll be great!
    SilentConfusion.png
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    Not right away. After some expansions, yes.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.