Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which career would you like to see in Sims 4 next?

11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-

Which career would you like to see in Sims 4 next? 199 votes

Modeling
11%
AyradyssimhappyVageniusgoodcakebaker62tonymcanallybixtersrambahadoerSindocatXxAirixXChadSims2sillyangel0906SheriSim57mebagl15amyedwards1986Madachan88logionsofasimJoyGodzillaEliteGirlBecka28 23 votes
Education
81%
Akl500PFrn0731GoldmoldaricmnfrshBluefairy286IcewolfHejixJasealexspoom13alan650111Cabelle1863xbecky685xjeLlyBeAn1573BlkBarbiegalrjhenn14lisamwittAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannWritin_Reg 163 votes
Medias (2 branches: TV and radio)
6%
Bagoas77mock68MindofyJennyggpuddleduck1Ravager619SimskristaLaneBoy1995PatriceRobinGreenthumbTHESIMMEROF4ClassicSimsSimmingal 13 votes

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Education
    Definitely education. I want more 'every day' careers like this, mechanic, librarian, fire fighter, lawyer, daycare etc. I would also love a professional dance career. Perhaps fortune teller or ghost hunter could be fun.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Education
    I want more careers that DO NOT use social media or electronic devices.
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2019
    Modeling
    I forgot one which I would loooooooooooooove to have: Search and Rescue. There would be two branches: Firefighter and Lifeguard. I miss watching my sims rescuing other sims. I'd so love to have this opportunity back.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Education
    Of these options I would love Education.

I also really want Lawyer to fill in one more gap in terms of "normal" careers and Ghost Hunter fore a more outlandish flair to come back.
    ~ ~ ~
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    Modeling
    OMG I'd so love Ghost Hunter to be back as well. I had so much fun making the Ghostbusters on Sims 3. But I would prefer it in an open world so we can use Ecto-1 :)
    11ay6ix.jpg

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Education
    Education. The entertainment/high-profile careers don't suit most of my sims personalities and lifestyles. The dream careers are nice but I'd like more common, everyday jobs to balance things out.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Education
    Education!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Parki67Parki67 Posts: 32 Member
    Education
    Definitely education. I want more 'every day' careers like this, mechanic, librarian, fire fighter, lawyer, daycare etc. I would also love a professional dance career. Perhaps fortune teller or ghost hunter could be fun.

I think this would also make for more interesting rags to riches series. Like start off broke with no job, get a lower level job like store clerk, then move to a mechanic or something just for the money then get into the dream career to earn the big bucks.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Education
    Education would be great. I would also like to see the return of the Law career.

I know it wasn't listed, but my favourite career has always been the Paranormal one (from TS1 and 2). Imagine the possibilities with TS4's engine! You could be a psychic phone friend from home, travel to places and set up a tarot stall, communicate with ghosts, etc.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Education
    Trucker? Civil servant? Telemarketer? Renovator? I'd really like to play a mechanic. Mail carrier? Social worker? I want the npcs jobs. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Definitely need a little bit more choices here. There's a couple I'd like to see in the game right now for sure.

Paranormal, Law, and Dance.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Education
    Hejix wrote: »
    Trucker? Civil servant? Telemarketer? Renovator? I'd really like to play a mechanic. Mail carrier? Social worker? I want the npcs jobs. ;)

I feel you on wanting the NPC jobs. I have wanted a Librarian career in the game for years. Also the ability to be a Park Ranger or any of the spa careers would also be most excellent even if they're just rabbit hole versions of the careers.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Education
    Teaching is such a basic element in society, it's strange we don't have it yet.

I would also welcome something about construction/architecture, fire fighter, designer,... But also something less mundain like a paranormal career, an extreme/adventurer career.

I am happy sims can register as self employed now , it helps a lot with setting up their story.

When you say TV and media, the acting career and
    media production with streaming from get famous are close enough for me.
  • Arcanine4PresidentArcanine4President Posts: 31 Member
    Education
    I would love for my Sim to become a teacher, and maybe it could trigger an event that goes along the lines of...

[Sim Child goes to school]
    [Sim Mother goes to work (which is at the school)]
    [Child gets embarassed and a story notification pops up]

So basically, if a Child and Mother go to the same school, the Child could either feel confident, or embarassed.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Potions Master, as part of the Supernatural pack! Can't wait for witches!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Education
    Definately education. Would love to have various teaching opportunities and maybe a gtw feel.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    We have get famous so i would rather see an addition to those IE a singer career or a DJ career or possibly an entertainment career where those 2 branch off at say level 5
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Education
    I'm so glad that it is not just me that needs this. I love the idea of a lawyer career, though. It would go so well as an active career with detective career (Law and Order all the way!).
    HSau :)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Education
    Out of the choices, education, but I'm not really a fan of any of the options. I'd like to see a funeral director, psychologist, meteorologist (with natural disaster impacts if you forecast wrong lol), robotics engineer, engineer, custom furniture builder, a super hero career, or a burglar career! ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Education
    Something like modelling should've been part of Get Famous. Education is a more everyday field that's still not present in the game after almost 5 years. I'd like to make some teacher sims.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2019
    Education
    I voted for education because I have a few Sims that I think would make great teachers.

Modeling would be cool too, but only if it's an active career.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Education
    Education easily. We need more common careers.

Modeling should have come with GF and media did to an extent, but could have been better.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Education
    I'd go for education easily. It's a more traditional job, and the other two jobs we kinda sorta already have in the game right now. I also think that education is most likely going to happen, because of the speculation that EA is going to release an education themed expansion pack in as little as possibly two months from now. Besides that, I've always wanted to have an education themed pack!
    Proud simmer
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    Education
    none of above :#
    not much chose.

modders do a better job with both regular/active careers

the game is so starved of active careers.

the sims 3 had more chose.
    i would like to see active careers like

singing career
    band career
    modeling career
    firefighter career
    ghost hunter career
    maid/butler career
    day care career
    building career
    landscaping career
    criminal career
    sweet shop career
    sports career
    school career

regular ones I can download
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• FreshTostadasFreshTostadas Posts: 16 Member
    Education
    I'd also like education. To have the ability for my sim to be a teacher even if its just for the title would help with my gameplay. I made my irl best friend, who is a teacher, but haven't placed them in my world yet.