Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giving out house keys!

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    treece01 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it counts as the "give apartment key to friend" milestone in the city living aspiration?

I wouldnt think so because thats still technically for an apartment BUT because it is a new feature only way we can know is to try it out :)

Yeah, I don't think so either. This is a nice little feature anyway but I'm kinda hoping since I'm an aspiration junkie and don't want to move every sim into an apartment. Just installed the patch and Get Famous last evening and got as far as starting a small build and checking out terrain manipulation a bit.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I really need to make friends with a neat sim! :p:p
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited November 2018
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @madameLee, hmmm...that's strange. I saw it before the EP, I swear. Or at least I thought I did...I feel like I gave one out the day before installing the EP. That and it just doesn't feel like an option they would tie into the actual EP.

It does only show up once you are good friends with the other Sim, and is called "Give Residence Keys" in the social menu at the root level (not under any categories), it has a picture of a key next to the words. If using the sims 4 normal social menus, it is usually on the first set of options that comes up, but if playing with the setting of "traditional social menu" it always is under "more choices" for me (and even then, only if the sims are good friends).

Oops, forgot to add, doesn't show up for children as far as I can tell, just teens and higher. I guess it would be creepy to give random kids a key to your place.

I used adults and it doesn't show up at all and I was trying to give it to an elder and it didn't work.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I gave Caleb one and now am regretting it so I may have to take it back. He and my sim were very friendly but she now has a new friend Dustin Broke and while they were getting even friendlier she queued up an action to watch Caleb.....he was upstairs playing the guitar...awkward.

Yeah, Caleb Vatore is the neediest sim ever. One of his sons married one of my sims, and he constantly wants to hang out with him, my sim, or his grandkids. If I gave him a key he’d probably never leave.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @MadamLee, are you using a mod that affects social interactions that could be interfering? If not, honesty, I could be mistaken and mis-remembering about it showing up before I installed the EP. Maybe someone else in the thread who is talking about the feature can confirm or deny whether it was enabled with the patch or not until the Expansion.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    @MadamLee, are you using a mod that affects social interactions that could be interfering? If not, honesty, I could be mistaken and mis-remembering about it showing up before I installed the EP. Maybe someone else in the thread who is talking about the feature can confirm or deny whether it was enabled with the patch or not until the Expansion.

Nope no mods that could affects social action-maybe it doesn't work unless City Living EP is installed? I disengaged it for 5 and a half generations because I want the children of City Living to be adversaries in Gen 7
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Madamlee, I bet that is it, seeing as the feature is using at least part of the core code from the apartment key exchange I imagine. Be nice if it was in patch notes somewhere...It's not.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Just noticed this today, pretty cool.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Had no idea about this...been playing a sim in an apartment since the patch :D
    Great news, thanks for posting B)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm waiting until my sims move into a bigger place- probably in the hills- before I hand out keys. Lol! They live in a starter home in Del Sol Valley instead of Fuller's grandmother's childhood home.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    How many key have you guys been able to hand out? I cant seem to give out more than 3. I thought that you could give more out if you where living an in apartment, why wouldnt it be the same?
    @Kaylin205, Most I ever gave out was 3 or 4 so far. I think the limit for apartment keys is 6; I never lived in an apartment in the game (until today, just moved my main active sim to one), but that is what I read here. I'd be suprised if the limit for house keys wasn't the same though.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I'm not seeing this option anywhere and I have all the packs. So it must have been buried with all the other social interactions. 🤣
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @Dekay, it only shows in the root social menu for me (not under any of the categories like "friendly", etc.) and only if the sims are really good friends.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Dekay, it only shows in the root social menu for me (not under any of the categories like "friendly", etc.) and only if the sims are really good friends.

Hmm. Well, maybe cuz my sim is not really good friends with that many people yet. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who excited that you can now give someone a house key!! I remember making 2 threads about this a few months back so glad to see it in game now :smile:

Pointless thread but I'm happy about this lol

Who do you plan to give or have given your house key to?

I'm happy too! I like this feature!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    @Kaylin205, Most I ever gave out was 3 or 4 so far. I think the limit for apartment keys is 6; I never lived in an apartment in the game (until today, just moved my main active sim to one), but that is what I read here. I'd be suprised if the limit for house keys wasn't the same though.

Got it figured out, it seems that they cant be given out at the same time. So I reloaded my save and invited each person over one at a time. I have 5 keys given out, with three sets of twins it'll come in handy.
    @kaylin205 Awesome, glad you got it sorted! Good information to know as well.
  • anniexhxanniexhx Posts: 5 New Member
    i gave mine to venessa who is a neat sim and she wont leave she has basically moved in without me asking kinda cool as she cleans my house and also i dont have to control her
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I had my sim give a key to her bestie and had to take it back. Seems as though she just moved in, lol, eats my sims food, mainly gets in the way because she will leave and come back a second time in the same evening. I also found out the relationship takes a small hit when a sim asks for a key back. :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    The only key I've given out to is Olivia Divine. Which is fine. (must remember to put another computer somewhere).
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I give any family members a key. I love that they stop by all the time, sometimes they are helpful and will do laundry or take care of the kids. Other times all they want to do is drink and use the PC.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I loved the idea of giving out keys to friends, especially when one of my sims became famous and random fans would let themselves in to my apartment. Unfortunately locking the door also locks out anyone with an apartment key and there is no option to allow access to sims with a key. Renders the giving the key option pointless if you can't lock your door 👎🏼 I really hope it's fixed in a future update
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I always end up giving keys to random strangers... And I'm surprised to see them hamging in my apartment... Because I forget about it...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I only give out one key. When I gave out two or three, then when one came over I wanted to be romantic with, the other key holder (or both) would pop in. Ruined it for my sim (especially if she hadn't decided who she really wanted out of those three key holders) o:)