Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC sorting question

Okay, I'm sorting my mods folder in hopes of making the faster.

Is it enough to sort in categories such as: Objects/Build/Buy; CAS/hair/Clothing/Misc; or should I be more specific than that?

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have one more question: Is it possible to CC buried in too many folders?

For example: The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages > Sorted > Buy > Sets > LavelleTruffle > VS Lavelle Bathroom

The reason I ask is because some items aren't showing up even though I know that they are in there.

Update: Trial and Error says "Yes!"
    Post edited by AthenaOnyx on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sorting package files in Mods/Packages certainly helps keep things organized to the player, but it isn't going to help loading time. Arranging them in subfolders will actually increase loading time as the game has to "look for" the next file to load in sequence, although the increase is not generally all that much until we start talking about thousands or tens of thousands of files. What can help is using S3PE to merge package files into bundles so that the amount of content doesn't change, but the number of files to be read in sequence gets reduced drastically. It takes some time and organizational effort to carry this off properly and so that you retain a record of what content is included in which merged bundle.

Note that some content like Core Mods should never be merged. Personally I would never merge Script Mods either. Tuning Mods are okay but then it becomes very difficult to remove or update one should that become necessary.

Whether merged or not, package files can be in sub-folders nested five levels deep. I think you went one level too far there. To nest deeper than that, the Resource.cfg file would need to be altered but at the expense of loading time potentially increasing further with each successive level.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thank you. I might try some of that when I'm in the mood to tinker.

I've been playing with both the awesome and nraas mod. I made a house sacred before I changed to another, but the couple that I made chosen somehow decided to get engaged while I was away. Is it supposed to do that?
    edited March 2019
    I haven't played with Awesome in place for many years and I use NRaas StoryProgression to control such things, so am afraid I wouldn't be able to answer that. Perhaps other players would know what designating a house as sacred under AwesomeMod is supposed to do or not do.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Can you certain households become immune to SP using the Nraas mod?
    edited March 2019
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Can you certain households become immune to SP using the Nraas mod?
    Not immune to SP entirely no, but we can exempt them from the forms of progression while they are not being played actively as we wish by leveraging the mod's caste system.

https://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited March 2019
    Thank you, I'll read up on it.

Those little ingrates got married without me! Lol! I didn't even get a notification. I found out by clicking on their house. I was going to give them a proper wedding and everything. None of my sims ever get that sort of treatment. I know it sounds silly, but I actually felt hurt by it. I laughing about this, it's not rant. Haha...

Basically after all the work I did at their brother / brother-in-laws' I just went back to a former save. Luckily, I make a new save file every time take care of my own motives. Now I just have to convince my brain that the marriage never took place and do something I was going to put off for a while and organize their wedding. That is so not a part of my play style, but for some reason I feel a kinship to these sims. Okay, Xandria's me and Veronica is my ex-boyfriend. I know that's weird, but we're both bi and he's the first guy that was the perfect combo of both genders for me. I didn't know that's what I was doing when Xandria decided to stop running after all the girls in the university and settle in with Veronica but I eventually figured it out.

I know too much info, but the sims is getting me through this heartbreak of mine.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Hello, sorry to be very late and if I misunderstand something; but if AwesomeMod is used together with NRaas Story Progression; AM automatically turns off its own storyprogression when detecting NRaas'.

Read here:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Awesome

And according to AM manual, the 'Chosen' only works with AM storyprogression:

Quote from manual under 'Story mode features':
    "2. God's Chosen People
    Control-Clicking a sim/house will offer the option to "Make Sacred" or
    "Remove Sacred", giving that household or sim immunity to StoryProgression
    and other assorted random toadings. The Chosen receive a gold halo on
    their house and on their tracking tags when tracked on radar. You may
    switch instantly between the Chosen household with CRTL-RClick. This
    feature will only function if you are using the EA-based or Awesome Story
    drivers. Other third-party drivers do not use this."

Your description made me laugh (sorry!), those little ingrates!
    @Auroraskies, Thank you. Glad you like my sense of humor.